Alert: MFLS calls it quits

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Riccardo55, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some of us who have played the MFLA game for years, 2015 was the final year. See the post on their website. I thank them for their efforts, even though they are 'Quakes :)

http://mfls.com/index.php?Page=forums&ForumCmd=ShowThread&ForumId=1&ForumThreadId=112

MLS has it's Fantasy Game, too, but I liked MFLS much better, and was more successful with a couple league titles for Rapids fans and a couple 'Top Scoring Week' best of all players in their MFLS leagues.

Anyone know of alternate Fantasy leagues out there?

R

spot and 22SteveD repped this.
  2. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna miss MFLS, it was the best fantasy league.

As for alternatives... I don't have any I've really fell in love with.

I'd be more enthused if one came along that could be run with a draft and head-to-head games.

22SteveD and JasonMa repped this.
  3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This, the issue I have with most salary cap soccer fantasy games is that it all comes down to who bought the key 4-5 players at the right time.

COMtnGuy and 22SteveD repped this.
  4. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The better games allow one to win in more than one way, for example, I won MFLS once over some talented players by using a defensive heavy and goal differential strategy using mostly #2 strikers. The next year they adjusted their strategy a bit and did great. It was fun. So my 4 or 5 key players (Omar Gonzales, Drew Moor, etc.) beat their much more expensive forwards.

The MLS official game is much less interesting, and really has more luck. I did not play EPL this year for the same reason. Their "official" game isn't as good as the old Yahoo EPL game. That was a really fun game.

If I was retired and any good at servers, I'd make my own game up. You may recall someone made up a game in the River Rat era. I forgot who. Maybe the MFLS guys will let someone who is good at these things adopt the game?

R

5. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't want to make a new thread, but....

After declaring how uninspired I am by the "official" fantasy league, I made a team and created a league..

If anyone cares to join the league it's code is
    6921-2354

The league is head-to-head rather than total points, which ought to make it slightly more interesting than the giant league.

6. Independiente

Independiente Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 15, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MFLS was fun, but the mls fantasy league is pretty fun too. I've joined spot's league and encourage all here on the Rapids Big Soccer forum to create a team and join the league and have some friendly competition.

7. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am in.
    The new scoring rules remind me of the old Yahoo EPL game to score run of play stats, not just goal/assist/shutouts.

R

8. Independiente

Independiente Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 15, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to bump this thread back up so we get more of the Big Soccer - Rapids Forum contributors to join our league. There are currently 4 teams -- let's try to get at least 10 to join this league.

MLS soccer fantasy league - private league code: 6921-2354

Create a team and join this group!

9. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that some have already given up on the Rapids, I guess I am wait and see for a bit...we can all have fun playing MLS Fantasy (similar to being a Rapids fan, "Fantasy").

Today my Captain (double points) Kaka was a late scratch. 0-1 for me, just like the Rapids.....

R

11. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll get in tonight.

12. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoyed participating in this Fantasy MLS league last year. Is there interest from others this season? Would someone like to set up another league for BS Rapids fans?

13. Independiente

Independiente Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 15, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I set up an MLS Fantasy team, I think just in the "Colorado Rapids Supporters" group or whatever they put you into when you indicate favorite team. If anyone sets up a private league with head-to-head matchups, etc. I'll join that as well. I don't like this year's format as much, it takes out the strategy of looking ahead the next 2-3 matches when considering picking up, waiving players. Oh well, it'll still be fun. Good luck to all fantasy team "coaches" out there!