Mexico's Football Related Random Thoughts Thread - Volumen Veintiséis

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shzm13

Shzm13 Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puro Durango
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Crispy white kits.

2. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    That. was. awesome.

Hdez.Marcos repped this.
  3. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    Bunch of haters.

Sure, women's soccer isn't some amazing display of futbol ... but these ladies play at very high level. It's just hating to say anything else. I bet a bunch of dudes here couldn't time that header and finish it. I bet 90% of dudes here wouldn't be able to get that on frame in that moment. This Olympics has once again vindicated Title IX, and it is a good thing for our society that these women participate in these sports.

And hating on Phelps? He still had to put in all of those hours in the pool, and it's not like it gets easier with age. If getting the most medals was such a shoe-in for swimmers, why is he just now setting this mark? Why not track and field or archery or anything else?

Serg33, metalmaster, CyberAce100 and 4 others repped this.
  4. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. jobsqeu

jobsqeu Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Not hating on Phelps, hating on everyone else who thinks he's the greatest athlete of all time, but he's just a one trick pony.

You also just made the point I was trying to make about the number of medals they hand out to swimmers... it took him three Olympics to rack up more medals than the previous swimmer!?!? Wow....

Anyways, I've had my say and I'll shut up about it now.

6. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    What bullshit. If you are going to go with the bullshit argument about how "I don´t see you doing this" then close down bigsoccer because nobody here can do what athletes do. Women soccer, like most thing women, get extremely babied and protected. Everybody talks about the quality but the speed of game is huge on it. That´s why you see an even better level when old timers game or when players go and play at a cascarita level in friendlies a la messi. And yet people go on about how great the women game and people start thread about how women do better and more exciting. In Mexico every sucess by the women is welcomed with praise and every pressure is excused. On the other hand the men get criticize even after great victories.

As for title 9, it´s great but it just shows how bad the playing field is in women. You have a semifinal in tournament that is just as good as the world cup that is played by the USA and Canada. A semi-nothing and a total nothing country in the mens game.

7. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I agree with you but regarding Phelps I was referring to his garish amount of medals...sorry, as a swimmer one gets MANY chances to medal...Is it hard? Sure. Is it exceptional that he has won so many metals? Kinda, I guess...I mean I'm sure he could win more if they also had a 125 meter, 150 meter, 175 meter, etc. Would that make it any more special than an athlete that only has one shot? One shot to put it all together for one event? Hell no.

8. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think you are acting like he gets the chances handed to him..

Way before the Olympics he has to qualify to the qualifying heats.. then he has to qualify to the semifinals and subsequent finals..

Dude was .5 from not qualifying to the 400m medley final.. eventhough he won his heat..

9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    4 tickets have been sold to the Atlante versus Leones Negro match.

Hdez.Marcos repped this.
  10. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    People were probably busy preparing for the hurricane that is about to hit Quintana Roo.

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    You can't fault people for criticizing something to be lesser quality and quite frankly... women soccer is of lesser quality.

No one is knocking women's gymnastics because the women are equally, if nor more impressive, then the men. Take that US girl that performed that perfect vault. She was almost 2 feet higher than her male counter part.

tell that to my friend that was on a baseball scholarship at a junior college, only for the program to get cut to make way for another woman's athletic program. This was back in the mid 90s.

Title IX has an extremely dark legacy of cutting programs that are self sufficient and placing them with programs that can not maintain themselves.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2012/06/22/title-ixs-dark-legacy

#1Keeper and EGunner repped this.
  12. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  13. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL @ women's soccer

how cute

me vale madre si me dicen machista

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  14. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Title IX is really stupid at times as I consider how strong a men's soccer/ gridiron football team would be if CSULB had one. However, seeing as how other aspects of the school are administrated I think title IX is abused by school officials to favor people/programs they like. Its a necessary evil. Sports scholarships are the JC level seems ridiculous. Tuition was like $200 bucks in the early 90's for CA JC's.

I think you guys are looking at this all wrong. The upper tier of Men footie players are head and shoulders above their female counterparts physically. However, every now and then you run across some ladies that have as much if not more technique than some of the best men. And they do ball them up.

The ladies nads scrimmaging u16 boys side and losing doesn't add any evidence to this debate since they rely more on their athleticism than skill.

15. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Well but this is part of the bullshit myths of women soccer about how they are just as skilled without taking in their rhythm of play. Because men are more athletic and thus have a lot less time on the ball, you just don´t have the time to show a lot of skill as they are able to do so. If the pace where as slow as women, I´m sure they could do a lot of those plays that women are able to do because of the time allowed in their sport. This is why you see them do that all the time in those junk meaningless friendlies like the Messi games. I don´t know why people don´t see it in soccer in the US but do so in basketball. When the women talk about being better at fundamentals, people laugh because they know that if given the time and space, Lebron and the rest will show that all the time, but the physicality allows them not to. Yet in soccer the time being allowed is eliminated and people want women to judge them on the skill without recognizing that they are allowed to show that because of the pace of their game. Even a Venado Medina would look like Messi with such time being given to him.

Kaney and elvasco repped this.
  16. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm talking about imagination picardia that women also have and makes their game worthwhile.

Digressing a bit, but are you saying messi is messi because his reflexes are faster than other players? Not wholly but partly, big part. There is still the skill, the daring, drive, heart etc...

17. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you guys are acting like a bunch of grumpy old men bitching about women's sports. it's a part of the world, get used to it.

and like rebaño said, title ix is a necessary evil for sports as much as affirmative action is

DNA repped this.
  18. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
  19. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Church.

20. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    [​IMG]

if i were in cancun, it would've been 5.

anyway, not sure if it's an actual picture, but it's taken off of a fan page on facebook.

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    They may have it but it´s debatable if it makes them worthwhile to some because it really is lower quality. That´s alright but people should accept it instead of pretending or acting as if it´s the same thing or that women are as talented as men and just less athetics when it´s all part.

And yes reflexes and the ability to think fast is key in players because the pace of the game is so important.

23. chiva_guero

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    The butthutedness is strong with this one ... so, I guess they just shouldn't play then? Is that your point?

And about closing BigSoccer ... close the dumb threads where people make apple to oranges comparisons. If you don't like the women's game or think it is irrelevant, don't watch. Half of the world's population just may be interested. My wife called me to give a play by play account ... she was excited! I thought that was pretty cool.

Why is the men's game relevant in the women's game?

DNA repped this.
  24. chiva_guero

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    Cry me a river. I believe in equality. What can I say?

metalmaster and Serg33 repped this.
  25. chiva_guero

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR