Mexico Vs USA at the Azteca June 11 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by anubis53, May 16, 2017.

1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Nope. That is a terrible analysis and take. That you saw the game yesterday and thought that it was all about rotations is incredibly lazy and even lazier than blaming the Chile game on the players not knowing each other (sure the players not mastering Osorio's plan played a part but the thing about the players that have played for so long as not knowing each others is wrong) but to say it was because of it is wrong. But to say it about yesterday makes no sense. And then to say that he should be fired if he doesn't qualify out of the 1st round of the CC is ludicrous.

The only thing you're right is about Alanis playing but it was fixed and Gallardo didn't quite step up in the final third.

Phenom and ...In my defense repped this.
  2. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah although I think the altitude + sun really hurt the team. Maybe it's because of the Mexican players also getting affected and definitely because of TV but it seems nobody wants to question the weight of the sun had in tiring the players, not just the altitude.

3. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah my bad, I meant semifinal. That was Bruce Arena's 1st game in Azteca. Mexico had the ball for a lot but it was TOUGH. There was a time when they even took control of the game and Campos saved us. It was TENSE during that time and that was during the supposed "height" of Mexico in Azteca with all the players playing in Mexico (also some games before where Mexico struggled against Egypt and Bolivia).

4. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All the mfs from yesterday have decent to good mid range shots.

DaTruth repped this.
  5. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Arena watched the Croatia game and decided to steal their gameplan. It worked.

Game was good, crowd was great except for the villamelones in front of me more interested in whatsapp and getting their next beer.

6. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Look all you want, bruh.

Praise when it's warranted, and criticism when it's warranted. C'mon man, it's not that hard.

7. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nacho Ambriz, Marcelino Bernal.

megadeath and PARS repped this.
  8. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mendigos Norteños fresas. Just stay in Nuevo Leon next time.

robbits, Phenom and Sleepy Spaceman repped this.
  9. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Garcia-Aspe had a boot too.

Colima24 repped this.
  10. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You can see how much Alexi Lalas hates him.

11. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Still mad at them for kicking the ball like @Baysic in the pk shootout in '94. :mad:

12. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Oh man, I remember that...but he wasn't the only one....but he had that cracker of a goal against Honduras in 93 if memory serves...Roberto Carlos style from a sharp angle a few feet from the corner...

LGRod repped this.
  13. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

This one points out more that mentality. They're so okay with this type of futbol that for a moment there Alexi literally thought the draw was an actual win.

14. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    To the first post, with his left, from the left, that was awesome.

In 94, his replay of "pvta madre!" is burned into my brain.

/p

NCCFBALL and Sanchito repped this.
  15. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    That's the one!....man, being old is a trip.

LGRod repped this.
  16. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

How is this not agreeing at least in part with what I am saying? If they aren't understanding what Osorio want's them to do, how does that not affect their ability to play as a team including their understanding and cohesion?

My comment was solely on lack of creating chances in this game. I was just saying the players looked short on ideas on how to break the US defense. I recognized that the US defense was organized and crowding the field but it was either the players or Osorio's game plan that had no adjustments after they saw crossing the ball wasn't working.

LGRod repped this.
  17. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I was just saying it in regards to the Chile game in which there they might not have totally grasped Osorio's plan yet as an argument in THAT game. But that the rotating players and that the players were confused because of it doesn't apply as much in that game as he basically trotted out a lineup of players that had played together a long time and that everybody was clamoring for.

For yesterdays game, they not knowing each other or Osorio's game plan is a totally wrong take. Also I don't know where you're talking about crossing the ball as if that was the only game plan. I didn't even see constant crossing off the ball in every situation at all like it has happened sometimes with certain Mexican teams (Ex Chima Ruiz). The intent was there but not the execution and definitely not because of the rotation or a lack of cohesion like you've said.

...In my defense repped this.
  18. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can agree with this. Maybe I should have used the word 'chemistry' instead of 'familiarity,' as the reason I don't like so much rotation.

LGRod repped this.
  19. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #994 JJV1994, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the strategy.
    They know they can't beat Mex straight up.
    Si they do what they can.

BTW We bunker some against Argentina and they hate on us for it as well.

20. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah but our bunker sucks lol so we get scored on and at some point in the second half MEX is like "F it we can't keep doing this" and just break out like they normally do against "bigger" teams

DaTruth, Sugatot and megadeath repped this.
  21. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    I really hate that idiot.

LGRod and Colima24 repped this.
  22. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree with this, I can't fault them. To quote the late denny green, "they are who we thought they were..."
    They know deep down they can't play us like they play Canada at home, you have to play to your strengths. It's not good soccer but to quote Billy hoe, "..id rather look bad and win"

23. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ya sabemos como nos van a jugar, mejor hubieran jugado en el BBVA a las 7 de la tarde que aún está a más de 30° grados. Su p...che formación murciélago se hubiera roto por el cansancio.

En sí fue un juego aburrido, lástima que recibimos un gol muy pendejo y muy rápido, eso les facilito su plan.

Por cierto, ¿qué mierda fue el último tiro de esquina?

24. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Se me ocurre... As much as I love this rivalry, I have never insulted a Mexican player (and have praised more than a few). Pretty classy to shit on an 18 year old.

Blue_Demon and Starman* repped this.
  25. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    If there's grass on the field, play ball.

sowrong, Blue_Demon, Colima24 and 5 others repped this.