Mexico Vs USA at the Azteca June 11 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by anubis53, May 16, 2017.

1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Te exhibistes feo con las ultimas oraciones y para colmo despues cambiastes cuando IMD te contesto asi que ahora menos entiendo tu punto.

Mr. Pink repped this.
  2. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Airbnb it bro

chivamex10 repped this.
  3. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    La zona de Reforma, donde está la embajada de USA es un buen lugar para hospedarse, hay buenos hoteles de diferentes precios aparte de que el lugar es tranquilo.

Hay una zona de bares y está relativamente cerca el bosque de chapultepec. La Ciudad de Mexico y Zona Metropolitana es enorme, necesitas muchos días para recorrer su lugares turisticos. Teotihuacan es una buena opción para pasar un día agradable.

4. Blue_Demon

Blue_Demon Member+

Aug 20, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would add that, if you haven't been there, you must visit the Zócalo (easily accessible by metro). It's the heart of the city and in typical Spanish design, the square is surrounded by the (sinking) Metropolitan Cathedral and the National Palace. Inside the National Palace, you can check out the Diego Rivera murals for free. Nearby is the Templo Mayor ruin (never been inside, so don't know what to expect). When you get thirsty, go to the Majestic Hotel (now run by Best Western) and take the elevator to the top floor so you can have a drink overlooking the entire Zócalo from the outdoor patio.
    Nearby, all within walking distance, are classic landmarks such as Café Tacuba (you've heard of the band, now go eat some traditional food at this restaurant), or go have a beer at La Ópera (and true or not, ask look for the bullet holes left on the ceiling by Pancho Villa). Or eat at the Sanborn's de los Azulejos (I recommend the enchiladas suizas; if going for breakfast, the chilaquiles) (even if you don't have to go to the restroom, pretend so you can check out the Siquieros mural on your way to the bathroom). Also in the same area: the massive Palacio de Bellas Artes (you can also go in for free to look at it).

5. Blue_Demon

Blue_Demon Member+

Aug 20, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Follow the masses! If you are staying at a hotel, it is very likely that there will be other fellow fans staying there. They'll be easy to spot (look for the jerseys!) so you could try to coordinate something with them.
    Uber is a good option, and if you have access to a phone (and staying at a hotel), you could coordinate something with one of the taxi drivers loosely affiliated with the hotel. If alone, stay away from random cabs in the street, if travelling with two or three other people, any taxi will do. If travelling in a group, the metro is a solid option (especially late at night). During the day, the metro is fine except for rush hour (keep you valuables in your front pocket). Nothing out of the ordinary, typical stuff for a big city.

MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe repped this.
  6. anubis53

anubis53 Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I attended the Costa Rica qualifier in March and I have a personal driver take me to the stadium and I even paid for his ticket so we can leave together. I will more than likely use the same method next month. I would assume that uber will be possible and logical after the game. I would not recommend going on the Metro at all because it will be like cattle rounded up in them. I've always picked up my tickets from Will-Call the day of the event. You have to pick them up from the main Taquilla which is in the front of the stadium. Make sure to get dropped off in the front of the stadium or else you will have to walk a big Circle to get to the Taquilla. Maybe because it was during the week but the traffic was insane to the Costa Rica game!!! I was staying in Reforma at 4pm and I made it right before the National Anthem for an 8pm kickoff. No BS! Go ahead and buy those tickets now, I'm not sure if you can pick them up at ticketmaster outlet though. I live next to TJ so I've purchased tickets for a Xolos game on Ticketmaster and I've tried picking them up at an outlet but they've made me pick them up at the stadium. They run an imprint of your card so I'm sure that's why you pick them up at the stadium. It's super easy though! Let me know if they allow you to pick up your USA tickets at an outlet. I'm flying in Saturday morning, can't wait!

7. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Also, go to La Basilica and el Bosque de Chapultepec

8. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gracias BSMX! Excited for this game. The last Mex v Usa game i went to was in Copa Oro 2009 Final 5-0.

Also, what in your opinion, which are better seats (PAS 5 Row 3 vs. ASICL4, which is Asiento Club, Row 3)?

Any other recommendations are welcomed!. thanks everyone!

Vamos Mexico!

Don Boppero 3000 and Blue_Demon repped this.
  9. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Pretty good description of each section. PAS is platea alta plus right? I always prefer to have the best view possible to being closer to the field. My seats are in one of the platea alta plus sections.

Blue_Demon and DGreat repped this.
  10. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, I have the Asiento Club and PAS (which I also believe is platea alta plus) both row 3. I want to have a great view of the game.

Thanks for this!

Blue_Demon repped this.
  11. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    Is there a stubhub equivalent in Mexico?? Ticketmaster is pretty much sold out of anything not nosebleeds.

12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Ticketbis.

13. anubis53

anubis53 Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I have an extra 4 tickets in section PRESD2, Fila 2 that I can sell to you for face value, if you're interested. We bought a few extra's and some people cancelled so we're just trying to make our money back.

Blue_Demon repped this.
  14. Blue_Demon

Blue_Demon Member+

Aug 20, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  15. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    those are the type i'm looking at but we have 5 maybe 6 and won't know for a while! Thanks though!

16. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
  17. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I will be playing out from JFK (NY) at 2:45p on Friday, June 9th. If anyone flying out that time, let me know.

Still looking at hotel options.

Edit: also havd 2 tickets seating side by side that i will be selling. Have to decide if I want to sit Asiento Club or Platea Alta Plus

18. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anyone here flying out Friday from NYC?

19. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Selling the Asiento Club tickets (Fila 3 - Row 3). if interested, let me know asap.

20. mexicano_for_lyfe

Jul 2, 2006
    VELA NR
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Price?

21. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    check messages

22. arjon

arjon Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Price?

23. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey, check your message.

24. anubis53

anubis53 Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I'm taking the Red Eye from TJ Saturday morning!

25. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    great! We should have a group conversation or something for this trip. I will be staying at the Sheraton Hotel (near la Angel de Indepedencia)