Mexico vs Argentina (r) pre & post game comments

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Pottermaniac, Jan 3, 2005.

1. vamosboca

vamosboca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 2, 2005
    california
    i know i am not god...but when u really think about it, when u guys beat us in one game u guys think it was the most important game in history. i mean, everytime i say something u guys respond with..."well we beat u in the copa america" but i mean cmon we have 15 copa americas and how many do u guys have? we could spare 1.

2. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    "All Mexicans are brown and all Argentines are white" hmmm

I didn't know I had brown skin...hmmm Thanxs, Mariella, this whole time I looked in the mirror, I was seeing the wrong skin tone....

3. Monzon

Monzon Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Mariella must be long time out from Argentina too to say that..

Americafan78, I tell you I'm not quoting this because I will take it on brazilians, far from that, but even many garotos will tell you they are far from humble from the "o mais grande do mundo" land, specially in football.
    In a larger scale: living, I tend to think brazilians and colombians have a great sensual approach to life, but this again is another stereotype, or better a part of the whole spectrum.

With prejudice I don't see much resemble between a major industry captain from Sao Paulo, with a fisherman in Bahia, but then again nor fishermans or industry captains are produce in series in Detroit, so a better shot is that they might be quite different all from each other.

PD: and I tell you I do not praise that much to be humble, is a mask that many times comes very close to resignation.

I think ALL Latinamericans, have a deep problem of selfsteem, of still struggling with the old Metropoli (Europe Countries that Conquest America), some like Mexico, Peru etc.. dealing with a past were former Great Civilizations that were practically vanish, and mostly humilliate, others like Argentina, Uruguay etc...because don't even have that Great Civilzation, and generation after generation of inmigrations never settle down really with the commintment, and feeling of being trully americans.

Brazil also struggle big with a massive black inmigration that was/still be denigrate, and have big issues to settle down (Uruguay/Argentina mainly sent them to war to aniquilate them, and then of course emancipate them, how nice we are, same with original poblations).

This is just a brief scenario of the first years of our nations, and then even the constant migration/emigration of our counties again constantly change the face for instance, of our ethnicall background (that's why Mariella, don't get mad, I was telling you, that must be a long time you don't come here, or just didn't notice this changes, Argentina constantly is having).

The funny thing man, is that here all are defending a side base in stereotypes, and showing, and hitting our chest with great patriotism, ONLY when a ball is running in a green pitch, afterwards when more than half of our poblations are merely dying of hunger, having the worse jobs, are uneducated..who gives a ********, no? we fight each other proudly showing who is LESS fvck vp.

I tell you, I'm not playing the Che Guevara, far from this, but at least here let's cut the ****************, and have a better look to our own problems, and the we will see the similarities between these and the rest of the countries involve here, we still can have folklore jokes, and funny shlt between us, but lately is all about nonsense.

BTW sorry for the long post.

4. Americafan78

Americafan78 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Mexico has only had a couple of Copa America participations......since we started playing in 93(through an invitation) there have only been i believe its about 5 or so Copa Americas.....of course we cant compare to you guys...we have just begun....but because we brought back more money and interest to the tournament that was when you guys down in CONMEBOL realized Mexico was a little gold mine....it generates lots of money for your continent through contracts with Televisa and big Mexican companies....look around the stadiums when Mexico plays in south America...you see TELMEX, CORONA, and all kinds of other ads....and that includes Libertadores.....cause that was the biggest reason we were invited in the first place

5. Americafan78

Americafan78 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    If anything we benefit from Copa America and Libertadores because the level is way higher than in this area.....but south america also benefits because Mexico is not a pushover and it brings lots of $$$$$ to the CONMEBOL....in essence we all need each other.....

6. Mariella

Mariella Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Godamnit this is frustrating.

As for the skin tone thing, I was making a mockery of the people that were mentioning race and skin color. It's all BS and no one cares.

I know there's white mexicans, brown, and frankly, even asian.

Same with Argentine. Is this even relevent? NO.

It doesn't matter, and I am so done.

7. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    Mariella, don't forget black Mexicans. They're rare, but you could find them on them in the Guerrero and Veracruz coastal areas.

8. Americafan78

Americafan78 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Los Angeles

No Manches........forget about it already.......the point has been made already....let's not list ALL the ethnicities in Mexico.....there are way too many.....everyone in Mexico is Mexican :)

9. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    Hey, we have allah akbars too (arabes)

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

LOL about the black Mexicans as we were ashamed of it!!... No but seriously that was the spanish that brought some of the black slaves! Imagin if Spain never sold Brazil it would be all Spanish in brazil! Oh yeah I also met this girl in Merida a city in the Yucatan area she was nice and beautiful and she told me that her dad was Mexican and her mom was from lebenon in the middle east! I was amazed what her parents produced!

11. Monzon

Monzon Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Es esta acaso una manera solapada de venderte com un ganador? un playboy tercermundista?...es joda!!!! antes de que levantes temperatura huevon.

Sabes que las pocas minas que conoci con ascendencia libanesa, eran como decis: hermosas, me acuerdo de haber oido que siempre se dijo que antes de que Beirut quedara en ruinas, el lugar era una joda y plagado de minas increibles, estoy generalizando mal, pero acabas de sumar un dato mas a mi fantasia con las mujeres de dichos lares...

Mariellita, no te enojes bombon, solamente hice el comentario porque me hincha soberanamente que haya maltrato al pedo, todos arrancamos de un grano de arena, para terminar en una conclusion grande como un desierto, y por ende mas cerca del error y el prejuicio...mas o menos lo mismo que acabo de hacer con mi idea de como son las libanesas, pero tirando para el lado de conclusiones tipo:
    - ustedes son una ************, nosotros somos unos locos lindos,
    - o a ver quien es el menos malo, para terminar siendo unos fenomenos incomprendidos...capice? no te enojes un saludo.