Mexico vs Argentina (r) pre & post game comments

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Pottermaniac, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Americafan78

Americafan78 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Wow you are truly a phenom, you speak in such beautiful poetic language. I apologize, but I cannot speak back to you in those four letter words. I found this on a website from a University:
    ARGENTINA, NAZI WAR CRIMINALS AND ASSETS:
    Statement by Ignacio Klich, Academic Coordinator of the Commission of Enquiry into the Activities of Nazism in Argentina
    (London Conference on Nazi Gold, 2 Dec. 1997).

During the war the country did not server diplomatic relations with the Axis until January 1944, a date generally missed in many recent accounts of Argentina´s performance; this afforded Axis agents a unique base of operations in Latin America, especially after Pearl Harbour. There is a speculation of an Argentine intake of 1,000 to 60,000 Nazi war criminal and can go as far as 90,000. All Argentine exports went to the Allies and were supplied on credit, while the foremost achievement of Buenos Aires-based Nazi agents was to smuggle to the Third Reich small quantities of strategic materialsIn addition, Argentina´s postwar efforts to lure former Third Reich sciencist and technicians came hand-in-hand with the arrival of alleged, indicted and convicted Nazi war criminals. Finally, successive Argentine governments, whether elected or de facto, were generally reluctant to extradite war criminals, notwithstanding the stigma carried by such a behaviour.
    Thanks for your lovely civilized words, have a great day. And for your info, I have never stepped into UNAM I currently assist UC Santa Barbara :p
    Also.....most Argentines Ive met are pretty kool down to earth people, hard working individuals....it's the few arrogant ones like you who stick out like a sore thumb and give a bad perspective to the world. I acknowledge the fact that there is good and bad people everywhere. I apologize If I offended you in any way. I don't really care what you said cause you were angry and your lack of vocabulary to express your emotions showed it.

2. Americafan78

Americafan78 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    zacatecano...you are right.....
    It's just that this guy said all kinds of bad stuff about Mexicans in 4 letter words cause he was pissed.....I apologize......if he answers back with more crap I'll ignore it.....

3. CelesteBlanca10

Feb 8, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I don't want to get into the whole irellevant discussion on South American history - this is a soccer forum and it should stay that way. But you wrote 2 things that i can't really understand how they are related -- How is the violence in the Argentinian local league games AT ALL connect to the sad fact that the Mexicans were the ones throwing beer at us ??? What do you mean by "but cry and whine when Mexicans throw beer at them" ??? Is that ok by you?? Is that something that can be lived with ??? Let me help you out - NO !!! I posted this a day after the game and i will say this here again - We came to see a soccer match, and we sing and dance and jump to cheer out beloved team - you guys just tried to ruin that !!!!

4. Americafan78

Americafan78 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    When I go to a game I think it's low class for anyone to do that and I agree with you on that....but the fact of the matter is that some Argentinos say alot of things to provoke. The first time Mexico played under LaVolpe, I was present and I sat next to the Argentinians, most fans were singing and jumping but there were some next to me screaming and calling us INDIOS and that's not kool. For me its not an insult, we come from great people, but unfortunately with so many years of rascism towards the Native American(all the original people of the continent) being called an Indio is an insult to many people. An Argentinian guy threw a rock at a guy next to me and he started bleeding. I ask myself where did he get the rock???He brought from the outside.....Obviously he was planning to use it....In these events there is a give and take. While you were probably singing and enjoying the moment like we all shoul do, other fans were busy insulting Mexicanos and they insulted back....I'm not saying you started it.....but if it was the Mexicans who started i can assure you that the Argentinos responded with insults. it takes two to tango....I know for a fact that when I go, I arrive early at the stadium, pick good seats, and try to absorb myself into the passion that soccer creates....It's really sad that these things happen...specially for people like you who truly enjoys the game.....

5. CelesteBlanca10

Feb 8, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Yes, i agree it takes 2 to tango ... And i'm sure there were mutual insults - which of course are not acceptable but as soccer fans we know it is impossible to get rid of. There will always be rivalry between fans - hopefully this rivalry will stay in the physical non-violent world. But i'm surprised about the rock story - i was there 2 yrs ago also, and appart from a minor incident, i dont recall so much violence.
    Anyhow, and i say this sadly enough, i don't think this will get better - i'm pretty sure that next time both teams come to LA we will have the same story over again. One thing i don't understand - i'm almost positive that last time i had special ticket that was sold only to the Argentinian crowd, and we were kind of secluded. This is the way it should be - if we dont get along, let us enjoy the game serparately.

6. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    The only thing that I wonder about, is what if the tables were turned? What if the the Mexicans were outnumbered by Argentine fans? Im sure Mexicans would receive worst treatment than what the Argentines receive at the hands of Mexicans. I base this on the fact that I've heard stories of how bad Argentine fans can be towards other countries' fans.

7. Monzon

Monzon Member

Feb 7, 2005
    in fact not that much, due to a no little self steem problem, argentines are way more polite and nice towards foreigners, than towards ourselves, also in libertadores is pretty more calm than in the rest of America nowadays (I guess Estudiantes de La Plata made all the possibilities in cheating an being awuful as possible in the 60's).

In Argentina matches, is way more the proprtion of families in a Sunday afternoon day off, than the usuall clubs crowds.

Football is part of societies, and ours like yours are fragmenteted, with no social balance, with lots of violence. I tell you, since was a friendly, maybe this thread should be closed instead of becoming a festival of stereotypes throwing from both sides, that have more things to be in ONE side, than to be in different ones.

8. vamosboca

vamosboca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 2, 2005
    california
    well i was in the barra brava and yes people where throwing insults at each other and argentinians were calling mexicans indians but u should also know that mexican people didnt just go by us and not say anything. even when mexico scored some mexicans ran up to us and started taunting us. ******** if i had a rock i would of thrown it at them. also, at halftime some of the mexicans came by us and one even ran at us but stopped when he realized that all the argentines were gonna beat his ass!

9. vamosboca

Mar 2, 2005
    california
    i am argentinian, i have been to many games including many games watching boca in the bombonera...and i can guarantee u that if argentinians did outnumber mexicans it would of been alot worse for mexicans...so yeah with that said thanks to some mexicans for behaving adequately.

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    back to the game comments
    futbol only! or will CLOSE THE DISCUSSION.

11. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    LOL (even enemies can show some respect for each other!!)

12. Americafan78

Americafan78 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    well you can close it but we still can't ignore that these things happen and in a way it is good to put these things out so that maybe next time we step into the stadium we can think of what we should or not do...it is good to see the other people's perspective......

13. Mariella

Mariella Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ugh. Okay, I'm going to try my hardest here to keep this on topic with the GAME.

Let me just preface here by saying that I find what you Mexicans say to be very amusing. Oh, and ridiculous.

You know I'm sorry, I am going to have to break off topic breifly (that was quick).

Americanfan78, let me start off with a big LMFAO. I wonder why race matters to you so much, is it so necessary for you to pry out your 2% of white blood for our eyes to read? I mean, what does it signify? OH, OKAY , I GET IT. Let me applause you for being a fraction of a part white! Congratulations!

For chrissakes people, this is getting ridiculous. Mexicans are brown, Argentines are white, WHO THE FVCK CARES?

And, yes, many Germans fled to Argenina post-WWII, but the real flood of European immigration to Argentina came WAY before then, if you were slightly educated (which I doubt), you'd know that.

el_zacatecano, stop twisting things around in Mexico's favor. Point is, WE were outnumbered by Mexicans, not the other way around. That was how the situation was and you can't change it.

You guys are such wimps. "Ohhhh but in Argentina it's SOOOO SCARRRRYY and their league is SOOOO VIOLENT booohoo I'd pee my pants if I ever went to an Argentine league game!!!"

Bitch please. I went to La Bombonera's craziest section when I was eight, TWICE. If an 8-year-old can handle that crowd, I'm sure anyone can. Injuries from those games are usually caused by the fervent youth while provoking the rival, and this rarely ever happens, and hasn't happened for a long time.

As far as I'm concerned, the Mexicans last Wednesday were crude, philistine, vulgar, insulting, and I can go on, I'm very good with adjectives. This wouldn't bother me even if their rudeness wasn't acknowledged, but the fact that you guys come onto the Argentine Forum and try to insult us about our own league and our own people, that is just ridiculously out of place.

It really is sad that a few Argentines can't go enjoy a game without having to worry about being pelted with Beer and insults.

And yet you have the nerve to come say we were threatening your crowd. PLEASE.

I wonder if any of you Mexicans can handle being a girl wearing an Argentine jersey at one of those games. The comments slurred my way were just disgusting, and the Alchohol doesn't justify it in my book. That was probably the most most vulnerable situation to be in, and I didn't go whining my a$$ off in the Mexican forum after the game...

*sigh*

Sorry, this just royally pissed me off. I have to deal with enough anti-Argentine feelings with my stepmoms family and other latin american junkies.

And I'm sick of it.

Son unos foros pinchados. Ciao!

14. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    damn, man. this crap is still going on?

lite one up and chill the fucq out.

15. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    I could care less how us Mexicans act, if we are rude than too bad, you should know better than to go to the stadium.

16. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Clowns like you need to get a beating,say that shyt cause you guys out number us.

Just remember one thing when you watch mexican games now and days with the way the fans are,with the singing and long flags and the works,just think where did you guys get that from?;)

17. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    Look, if i knew that i was going to get insulted and have stuff thrown at me i wouldnt go, simple as that. I could care less were barras came from...

18. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Well one goes to see a game to see a sporting event,not to get into rumbles and stuff ,not like we or the games are being played in Argentina or Mexico knowing how rowdy it is over in ones country but hey its all good dude,what comes around goes around.;)

19. vamosboca

Mar 2, 2005
    california
    actually i like the fact that people were insulting one another and things like that. it kinda reminds me of watching boca games at the bombonera. its a soccer game, who cares. if u dont wanna get insulted or dont want to get drenched in beer or whatever they throw then dont go...watch the game from home. this goes for mexicans and argentinians. i didnt think that the crowd was bad at all, the only things that went on were insults. no big deal.

20. vamosboca

Mar 2, 2005
    california
    mariella and saying that if an 8 year old can handle going to the bombonera anyone can, then im sorry but u are completely wrong. i can guarantee u that it was A LOT safer at the colisseum than it ever is at the bombonera.

21. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    Thank you, that says it all.

22. Mariella

Mariella Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess it all depends on who's playing, and what jersey you're wearing.

23. Mariella

Mariella Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    P.S- i'm done arguing over the internet, it's seriously pathetic...

24. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Amen too that

25. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mexicans have no Class. They show this over and over again or do i have to point out the Game against Peru not so long ago. Do I have to point out the game in the Azteca between America vs. Sao Caetano.. Which was the worst display of animalism I have ever seen. They brought Wheel barrels down into the field...WHEEL BARRELS! Nice fvcking way to play, host country to a visiting club.. You would think they would act civilized in the United States. Their petty futbol would be no where near where they are today if it wasn't for us.. They even sing our songs in their stadiums.. That fact that they didn't score against that team is pathetic.. We still should've won easily 3-1..