Mexico vs Argentina, 09-10-2019 @ San Antonio TX

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by OG Junglist, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Moving to CONMEBOL is a discussion we should have regardless of results in friendlies, but it won't happen when we can't even get invited to Copa América anymore.

Robertinho21 and Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  2. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I don't think it's realistic. Although the capital we bring can make the improbable probable.

Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We need to play vs South American countries more often

LGRod repped this.
  4. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Many here would benefit from refraining to post during the actual game...

let the result sink in, maybe watch it again with less passion, re-draw some conclusions, then post.

All I am saying is, don't over react to a friendly, not in the heat of the moment at least.

When people say, the scoreline does not reflect how the game went, well this is one of those cases. I think Tata realized that with the talent budget he has (at this point), he can't afford to play Argentina like this (that is a good thing). And while Araujo and Salcedo made some mistakes, they were caught running backwards or sideways at best (los agarraron miando) and that is not entirely their fault. There was a lucky rebote and an unintentional handball (I'd like to believe), shit happens I guess, mostly against Argentina it seems, ask Osorio (Ricardo).

meh, turn the page, keep working.

/p

LGRod and Chico Facil repped this.
  5. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Parsley where's the fun in not getting heated at a friendly?

I want to rustle out.

It fills the soul with joy.

Consider my options..

Sit around and accept a friendly just a friendly...

Or..

Rage post with some hilarity..

SixKick, Serg33, Chico Facil and 4 others repped this.
  6. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rage away my nugget, rage away... you no white man so we are all safe...

As they say

CE2DE5D1-91DE-4770-8A25-DE82995E1014.jpeg

/p

SixKick, Adrian559, Narc83 and 9 others repped this.
  7. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  8. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    I hope we actually learn from this and not repeat it. At the end of the day the difference in player quality (i.e. finishing) is obvious. You cant make mistakes against killers, they will punish you.

LGRod and JJV1994 repped this.
  9. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Going to COMEBOL will never happen. As a fan, I would like to see it because of the higher level of competition. But since the Mexican NT is a cash cow, it will never happen

A. CONCACAF will never allow its #1 generator of revenue to leave.

B. FIFA will never allow it because it would probably only allow a special case like Israel’s, because of hostile neighbors who would pose a high security risk.

C. The many companies that benefit from Mexico’s WC appearances, will never allow it due to huge financial losses in the occasional WC absence.

D. Besides Brazil and Argentina, why would any of these other national teams allow another team that lessens their chances of qualifying for a WC. It’s more competition.

So fantasizing about going to COMEBOL, is just silly. The probability of that happening, is almost 0. And when another South American proposes that in our forum, it is just some condescending talk because in their delusion, they think their teams are better than Mexico. Again, besides Argentina and Brazil, Mexico can beat any of those other teams on a regular basis. Not saying that we will always beat them,.

Robertinho21, Otaku, Neymadres and 4 others repped this.
  10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Thanks, love.

The result isn’t huge deal but I don’t like the way the guys seem to give up in the 57th minute.

LGRod and beat junky repped this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Goal #1, Araujo played a risky pass right to an Argie while Mexico was spread. He then played terrible 1v1 passive defense, allowing the Argie to get a shot off and score a goal. When you analyze that I'm not sure you can blame anyone else but him.

Goal #2, Panic clearance from Araujo when he had 2 black jerseys to his left to play a simple square pass and resume build up.

Goal #3, Araujo tries to use his right foot to clear the ball when the Argie was on his right foot. A simple left foot clearance out for throw or corner with his body in between the ball and the Argie was all he needed to do.

Araujo had a horror show of a game and single handily destroyed his teams chances to compete on the scoreboard period. No one can argue that.

Now on the one hand that's a good thing because it means if Araujo gets his head out of his ass and stops making u12 mistakes then we're in good shape because we controlled the game. The bad part of course is we don't exaclty have a CB pipeline full of trustworthy talents. Imagine we had a prime Rafa with our mid and attack ooof....

12. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I am not defending either one of them, I did say they made some mistakes, particularly the weak clearance for the 4th goal, was not even a clearance, he tried to play it I guess.

But, Goal #1, did you see where the ball was lost, did you see how long the pass was and how open that guy was? That is not on Araujo entirely.

Goal #2 was a crappy clearance, but there was some fortune involved.

I think you're calling goal 3 what was actually the 4th goal, but anyway.

/p

ipaman repped this.
  13. Ositoyaqui

Ositoyaqui Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Aug 20, 2018
    I want to agree but Chile is the one who scarred us 7-0 and Colombia is the one who took our only chance at copa america away in the 2001 final. Uruguay has also never been "cake" for us. Paraguay, Peru, Ecuador, and the rest I can agree with you though.

Though Paraguay did manage to beat Argentina in the 2016 wc qualifier 1-0 and tied them 1-1 in the Copa America with Messi.... Its hard to talk smack after yesterday

14. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1171485456938127363 is not a valid tweet id

LGRod, Adrian559, Narc83 and 5 others repped this.
  15. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah Araujo loses the ball but then Martinez gets past Salcedo and Edson. Salcedo then is in front of Martinez and does one of the worst slides imaginable to the wrong side, allowing Martinez shot to go in. If you add the stupid PK, Salcedo had an awful game too. And at least Araujo is in Celta and not done the dumb move of going back to Mexico to play Leagues Cup instead of the DFB Pokal.

JJV1994, Sleepy Spaceman and ipaman repped this.
  16. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali

I would go out too after that game. Good for them.

Colima24, Serg33 and LGRod repped this.
  17. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    I mostly agree, but would not say Mexico controlled the game. Shot were 15-1 in favor of Argentina. A team can cede possession and still control the game. Uruguay does that quite a bit.

My biggest concern was not the defense. There were enough players back to stop all the goals, but they either goofed or got burned. The lack of offense was troubling. Much easier to clean up a sloppy defense than generate offense against quality teams.

18. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Of course any of those teams can beat Mexico. I would say that we have about 60% of beating those teams as opposed to the other two

LGRod repped this.
  19. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    DaTruth and LGRod repped this.
  20. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats my kind of team!

I ain't even mad now...

icybauer, Colima24, SixKick and 5 others repped this.
  21. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Entonces andaban crudos? eso lo explica.

LGRod repped this.
  22. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah they deserve it. Shouldve joined in @Serg33

Serg33, DaTruth and Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  23. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This. The Mexican federation doesn't want that even if they could. Business is already good competing in conCACAf.

24. Atlas 51

Atlas 51 Red Card

Oct 25, 2015
    Tarzana
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Should Montes and Alvarez be our official CB from what I saw from Araujo I’m surprised he’s not in the MLS and Salcedo levels has gone down since he came to Tigres.

25. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Playing El Salvador 300 times in Houston, Miami, Charlotte does'nt make us better. Neither does it help when we play powerhouse Trinidad & Tobago 200 times in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Seattle. I almost forgot when we play the top seeded Guatemala 100 times a year in New York, San Diego, and Chicago.

The Mexican national team needs to play against outside their damn comfort zone with better opposition if possible. I know now its harder to play top European teams because of the new Nations Cup that they recently started, but we sure as hell were'nt playing them either way outside our comfort zone.

Why the hell can't we play Israel in Tel Aviv, South Korea in Seoul, Australia in Sydney, Chile in Santiago...................and if possible if time permits play a powerhouse like maybe for example France, in Lyon.

In other words stop playing in your typical comfort zone of Charlotte, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, San Antonio, New York, San Francisco, Phoenix, San Diego, Philadelphia etc.............get the hell out of your comfort zone and try something different dammit!!!!!!!!! Once again Argentina put us back to reality plain and simple.

LGRod repped this.