Messina

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by SICILIANSOCCERFAN, Dec 12, 2005.

1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm surprised that this has been allowed in Italy. I wonder what would happen if the same thing occured in the Middle East, Turkey, the former Yugoslavia or Greece?

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm sure having an Italian-American woman as Sports Minister , Giovanna Melandri, who was born in NY and who studied in the states, helped a little.

3. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That explains it all.

I saw the highlights of this game and Messina (or should I say Rigano`) had quite a few chances before Torino scored and they probably had more chances overall than what Torino did. I messinesi seemed unlucky at the end.

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Drugs make people do crazy things. I think Franza was born crazy though.

7. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Messina's stint in Serie A has ended today. Following the 1-0 loss to Inter they are mathematically relegated.

8. RegginaAmaranto

RegginaAmaranto New Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Melbourne Australia
    Messina, although yes, arch rivals we will always remain, i would much rather see teams from the north in the bottom 3 ...... you were religated simply because you are a substandard team, and you bring shame to all teams from the south. what i want was for Reggina to always be the better team, winning our derbies, but you to constantly survive, if only by a point or two so we can continue our derby year after year.... but you shamed yourself into religation and i show no sympathy to you.

we have shown to be the true queen of the south, 11 point deduction and we are still fighting for a very possible stay in serie A , whilst you fall very very short............. if we do manage to get religated, we will have done so as legends... in no way will you be on the same level as us...... but we will fight with every fibre of our being to bring glory to our people.

shame on your Messina, not only did you let yourselves down, you let us all down....... teams like you give the north more ammunition to throw insults at us all........ i hope your happy cassano, you got your wish, but we wont give you the satisfaction

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Messina suck. According to Homer Simpson, they are "the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!"

Sergio Floccari has brought shame on Calabria. What a crap striker! He should have been a star amongst those crappy Sicilians!

10. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida
    Messina got lucky not getting relegated last year, but this year the luck ran out. I would have liked having three Sicilian team in Serie A, but I knew that could not last.

11. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm from southern Italy and I like to see southern teams in Serie A. But Messina were simply not prepared for this campaign. They were prepared for Serie B but the Calciopoli scandal brought them to Serie A and they couldn't compete.

12. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Supposedly Zoro signed with Benfica... any good?

13. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    It seems he has in fact signed...

A player that will sit on the bench and make $$ or will make a contribution?

15. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My guess is that he might warm the bench.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't blame Rigano' for being ashamed. He is right. With all of the teams who had penalized points, Messina should have taken advantange of the situation. My guess is that becuase they were "ripescati" or fished out of the Serie B becuase of the scandal, they didn't really reinforce the squad and look for too many Serie A quality players. Firing and bringing back the coach twice didn't help matters either. I have a feeling Rigano' will be going either to Catania, Reggina or Palermo next year. He deserves the Serie A at this point in his career.

17. Russo7

Russo7 New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Rigano seems like a very good player! Can you tell me anything about him, how old, who he has played for etc etc? I would love him at Catania next season!

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rigano if I'm not mistaken is around 32 years old. He's one of those amazing stories in football. He was a lower league player for the most part of his career, always playing in the lower leagues like Serie C2 and such. When Fiorentina were relegated to Serie C2, he was signed and became the star player, scoring all the goals and leading them to promotion. He then played good for them in Serie B, leading them to Serie A and he played the first season there but then couldn't find space and moved on.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Christian Riganò turns 33 this week!
    (Lipari, 25 maggio 1974)

Read all about Rigano' right here.
    Cristian Rigano
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433630

20. DJ2492

DJ2492 Red Card

May 27, 2007
    California
    Im pretty happy Zoro signed with Benfica.Many people have told me he is a pretty well defender.can anybody comfirm this?

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where will Rigano' go? Back to Firenze?
    LEADING SCORERS:
    26 Francesco Totti (Roma)
    20 Cristiano Lucarelli (Livorno)
    19 Christian Rigano (Messina)
    18 Rolando Bianchi (Reggina)
    17 Gionatha Spinesi (Catania)
    17 Nicola Amoruso (Reggina)
    16 Luca Toni (Fiorentina)
    16 Adrian Mutu (Fiorentina)
    16 Tommaso Rocchi (Lazio)
    15 Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan)
    14 Hernan Crespo (Inter Milan)
    14 Vincenzo Iaquinta (Udinese)
    14 David Suazo (Cagliari)
    14 Luca Saudati (Empoli

22. DJ2492

DJ2492 Red Card

May 27, 2007
    California
    Rigano is going to stay in my mind he is staying.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Says he will come crawling to Roma.....

Riganò: "Non so dove giocherò"

27 maggio 2007 - Difficilmente Christian Riganò, che alla Roma ha fatto due gol, scenderà in B insieme al Messina: "Non so dove giocherò l'anno prossimo, si parla della Roma e io qui ci verrei a piedi. Dopo questa stagione ho fatto capire che posso segnare ovunque e mi auguro di trovare una grande squadra. È stupendo vedere 65 mila spettatori in uno stadio".
    http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index...=read&id=60701

24. DJ2492

DJ2492 Red Card

May 27, 2007
    California
    Who knows where he will go.