Mercado de Pases (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 7, 2018.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quintero tore it up for Colombia against Venezuela. As if his world cup exploits and brilliant form for River weren't enough, he is still the main man for his country in this new cycle. Sadly, I don't think there is anyway River can hold onto him past January...

megamac20817 repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I just don't know where JuanFer can go where he can play as well as he does for River.
    There's not too many teams or leagues that appreciate his old school, creative #10 type of qualities. It could be a negative for both River and himself for a transfer to occur.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumors linking Pity Martinez to Atlanta United as a replacement for Almiron if they do indeed end up selling the Paraguayan. Word is they have already met to begin discussions with his agent. Would be a shame seeing him in MLS, although imagine what he'd do if Mauro Diaz and Tomas Martinez lit up the league..

In other news, Spanish press is stating that Simeone is keeping a close eye on Exequiel Palacios. Krane 2.0....
    (Inter and Milan have also been linked)

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    megamac20817, Doogs and Ron Mexico repped this.
  5. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    $25 million? I adore Pity, but that is a lot of money, doesn't that crack the top 10 sales for the club?

Man, remember how upsetting it was to find out he'd been bought for 40 million pesos? What a talent he turned out to be.

locoxriver repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #81 locoxriver, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Valencia interested in making a move for Gonzalo Montiel in the upcoming transfer window, although their prospective offer (+/-€5 million) is only a fraction of his contract release clause of €15,000,000. However, they already sent scouts to watch him live in person vs. Independiente, so the interest is indeed real.

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  7. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Montiel isn't worth €15,000,000 even if you squint real hard, so I don't expect his clause to ever get triggered.

locoxriver repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Closs is also claiming the deal is sealed, although according to him it will be for the price of the contract release clause (15 million as opposed to 25). We'll see what number it is later, but it appears these are indeed Pity's final two months with a River jersey.

Only thing I'm hoping is we don't lose Quintero in December as well.. if that happens, you can kiss our attack goodbye

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    SupaMario and megamac20817 repped this.
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lisandro Martinez (Defensa y Justicia; 20 year old defender product of Newell's youth system) is on Gallardo's radar for the January transfer window. He can play as both left-back and centerback and has U-20 NT experience, including forming part of the 2017 WC squad alongside Montiel and Palacios.

DyJ acquired him officially for $650,000 (50% transfer rights) four months ago after a successful loan spell. An option for the future, as Maidana and Pinola approach retirement.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So looks like the only thing delaying Pity Martinez's transfer to Atlanta is the form of payment -- the MLS side wants to set-up a payment plan, while River is requesting the 15 million up front (+/- $12 million would go to the club, since we only own 80% of his rights). Still, everything indicates the move will indeed go through in December.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Martino just announced that he is set to leave Atlanta United at the end of the year.. I wonder if this will affect Pity Martinez's transfer in any way? He did, however, say Atlanta will be getting a great player if they acquire Gonzalo, so maybe they'll still move forward with it based on his recommendation.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There were rumors for a while that Tata was going to leave Atlanta. Rumors have circulated that Guillermo Barros Schelotto could be a replacement but I also heard rumors that he was going to take over... San Jose?. Wouldn't be surprised if Sampaoli gets mentioned either.

Regardless, I think the deal will go through just because Pity will be seen as an investment or they just want to win, after all the owner of the team is Arthur Blank, who is worth billions.

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If I'm not mistaken, Almeyda recently took over as coach for the SJ Earthquakes.

As for Tata, everything seems to indicate that he's destined to be the next Mexican NT coach. He'll do them wonders, tbh. I know he is one of AFA's main candidates, but his recent statement that he "doubts much has changed within the organization" makes it seem like he isn't too fond of a second spell. We'll see..

Regarding Pity -- yeah, it'll probably still go through, especially since Almiron is set for a move to Arsenal and they'll need to replace him quickly. One can hope, though, that just maaaybe they'll switch targets now that Martino is leaving, although I doubt it. They have tremendous respect for Tata in Atlanta, so if he put in a good word for Pity then it'll be heavily considered.

megamac20817, Ron Mexico and SupaMario repped this.
  15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no chance of the move falling through, the core of Atlanta's team is made up of south americans who have given them the success they have. No way are they going to turn their nose up at who you guys consider your best player.

locoxriver repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well I don't know if Pity is considered the best player on the team, but he definitely is among them.

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    its the impression I get from your press and media.

18. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pity has been such an inconsistent player since his transfer from Huracán. Even at his most brilliant moments, i don’t think he was ever considered to be the stud of the team.

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Inter is more than willing to pay the Exequiel Palacios's contract release clause (15 million euros) and leave him on loan at River until June, similar to what they previously did with Lautaro Martinez.

However, D'Onofrio has been keen to renewing Palacios's contract and elevating the release fee, something Exequiel isn't opposed to due to his gratefulness to the club and Gallardo. We'll see if that indeed happens, but River must begin moving quickly.

20. passat1976

passat1976 Member+

Oct 19, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Is Pity no good enough for Europe??? I am surprised he is going the MLS route.. He is one of the best players River has right now.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He has attracted interest from Europe, but the problem is there hasn't been a team willing to offer exactly what River wants. Lazio and Sporting Lisbon are said to have offered 8-10 million in the past, but River is looking for 15 million at the very minimum (contract release clause). Plus, he lacks a European passport, which also throws off other potential buyers.

He has also been linked to Russia and Turkey In the past, but he was reluctant to leave unless it was to Italy, Spain, or England. At this point, however, he is more open to other options after being at River for 4 years. Can't blame the guy for wanting to secure his financial future... plus, he could still make a move to Europe from the MLS, much like Almiron.

passat1976 repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A Chinese team has gotten in contact with Quintero's agent to discuss a possible move at the end of the year.. :thumbsdown: Would be disastrous for both River and Juan Fer if it goes through.

23. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He did not come to River for cash, I'd be heartbroken if he left for it.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, in a way he did. He placed his bets in coming here to gain regular playing time and re-valuing himself... and that's exactly what happened.

I know he has been linked to Europe in the past, but I find it hard to see a Euro team putting 20-25 million on a player like Juan Fer.. He's a complete crack, but he just doesn't have the characteristics European teams are looking for. His vision and technique are out of this world, but I feel he needs to be a more "complete" midfielder to succeed in, say, the Premier League. Maybe if he was valued a bit lower (~8 million) a few offers would arrive from some midtable Spanish teams, but 25 million is an excessive price tag that very few sides would be willing or even able to pay for a player that has fitness issues and previously failed in Europe.

Chinese clubs, on the other hand, wouldn't hesitate one bit to put that kind of money and he could easily tear up their league.

With the devaluation of the Argentine peso, a mass exodus is rumored to happen nationwide at the end of the year. Quintero will only earn a fraction of what he could if he stays, and in September he made statements putting his future at the club in doubt ("Sé que River me ha ayudado mucho en este crecimiento en los últimos meses y estoy agradecido con todos ellos. Estoy feliz, es mi casa en estos momento y quiero darle muchísimas alegrías, pero también el sueño de todo jugador es estar en Europa y para eso estoy trabajando")

I know China isn't exactly Europe, but from my point of view his declarations kind of made it clear that he's only using River as a stepping stone. If and when an offer arrives, I don't picture him turning it down, unfortunately..

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #100 locoxriver, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Supposedly...

El Real Madrid ya se contacto con D'onofrio (aunque este no lo vaya a reconocer en este momento), para ofrecerle alrededor de €20.000.000 limpios para el club, para comprar a Exequiel Palacios y dejarlo hasta junio del año que viene. El presidente, en principio, quiere 30 millones, pero hay que ver como se llevan a cabo las negociaciones...

Edit: Palacios's agent says he hasn't talked to anyone from Real Madrid, but confirms Inter's interest:

"Zanetti me preguntó cómo era la situación de salida del jugador, y yo le dije que por la cláusula no se va, tienen que negociar con River porque la familia y Exequiel quieren quedar bien con River"

megamac20817, RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.