Mercado de Pases 2016 (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 3, 2015.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    God damn.. I just read that River's offer is worth approximately $3,000,000 for Rossi's transfer. :eek::eek:

In other news, Pescara (ITA) offered 2.8 million euros for Giovanni Simeone, with the offer likely to be accepted by River, according to LPM.

D'Onofrio clearly up to some behind the scenes bs... All of our players leave either free or for low transfer fees, while all those who arrive come for previously unheard of figures in River (4 million+ for Pity Martinez, 3.5 for Lollo... 3+ offered for Salazar, 3 being offered for Rossi).

Que manera de robar.... at least props to him for being good at hiding it through "transfers", unlike Aguilar. :rolleyes:

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I haven't seen too much of Rossi, but I saw him live in El Monumental in the River vs. Banfield game and he definitely caught my eye (that and he is blond so he naturally sticks out) I would say he is similar to Kranevitter in that fact that he can not only win the ball back, but he can push it forward and distribute it with purpose and in dangerous positions.

Right now in that position, we have Ponzio who is becoming more and more of a liability. Not just in his late tackles and picking up cards, but so many long balls and misplaced passes. And Domingo, who is Domingo.

I also see him as a young kid with a lot of confidence, so hopefully the shirt won't weigh on him too much- even in many videos he just seems to have a swagger about him, but then again, last time we bought someone from Banfield it was Bertolo, who has been a disaster. There is really no way to know how players from small clubs will do when the put on the river shirt

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I honestly can't believe this. Why not keep Simeone on board?

Alonso is 37. He did OK last season. He is a good sub. But not a good starter. I am not gonna criticize anyone for the signing because he was brought in to do a purpose and he did it more or less. If Gallardo sees him as a starter and it doesn't work, its not on the players, its on the coach for sticking with a 37 year old who clearly isn't up for 90 minutes no matter how good his work ethic/training regiment is.

Mora is so damn inconsistent. One game he's scoring a chilena over his head against The Strongest in La Paz, then he has 5 shitty games in a row where he barely touches the ball. I love Morita, but he is too hot and cold.

Then we've got Alario. I love him. The man for the big goals. Our only stand out performer the last six months. Yet he needs help. Why not Simeone, at least just to see what he has?

I also won't gorget that in the elimination to Independiente del Valle, the only player Gallardo brought on was Alario (who should have been starting, but thats another story). He didn't have confidence in any other player to bring on. No one. So why not try Simeone out? There are no better options in the Argentine league out there

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jajajajaja sabía que Alonso no era un juvenil . Pero no me imaginé que tenía 37 !!!

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Rodrigo Mora could be heading to MLS to play for Montreal Impact.

If his transfer goes through, we need to keep Someone. If both Mora and Gio leave, we desperately need to look for a new forward since Alario (who won't be around for much longer either) and a 37 year old Alonso would be our only options up front.

Ron Mexico and RiverGaucho repped this.
  6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like I said... Wait until you see him in training before counting anything as being done.

Gustavo Yarroch ‏@GustavoYarroch 2h2 hours ago
    Se suspendió la revisión médica de Iván Rossi porque surgieron diferencias entre River y el representante del jugador.

Apparently, Rossi was going to have his medical done Monday and then travel to the US to join his teammates, now everything is on hold due to differences with his agent. Who could have seen this coming :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

locoxriver repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ivan Rossi completed his medical this morning. Now, lets hope there are no injuries he and/or Banfield didn't inform us about and he can sign, travel to USA, and get to training.

In addition to getting a serious defense, the thing we were really missing is a central midfielder who can pass the ball i.e. Kranevitter or Rojas. Hopefully Rossi will be there guy

balazsriver10 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It looks like Eder Balanta's transfer to Basel is almost set.. River would receive approximately 3 million euros for their percentage of his transfer.

The question is, will they go looking for a new CB? We went from having Funes Mori, Maidana, Pezzella, Balanta, and Mammana all in the same squad not long ago, and now we'd only have an injured Lollo (whose form after he recovers is still a complete mystery) and Maidana as our only options in the position. Vega appears as an alternative, but other than who can play the position if someone is suspended or injured? 17-year-old Kevin Sibille? :confused: Maybe they should have kept Barboza, who had a good season on loan at Defensa y Justicia.

Worrying situation.. Not only is there no alternative for the CB's, but we don't have any subs for Mercado and Casco on the right and left flanks either. Gallardo has stated on multiple occasions that it is important for his teams to have an organized defense, and right now it looks anything but that.

Ponete las pilas D'Onofrio

Ron Mexico and RiverGaucho repped this.
  9. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    This transfer period is total disaster and depressed bro. Where is our team? We lose Teo, Rojas, Funes Mori, Balanta, Vangioni, Barovero, Kranevitter, Sánchez, Pezzella under 1 fckin year. Oh my god...

locoxriver repped this.
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its a compete disaster to let Balanta go now. Complete disaster. Despite his bad form, Balanta is still far better at CB than Ponzio who is horrible in that position, as he displayed yet again Saturday night.

The only thing I can think of, is that if we sign this Paraguayan Moreira, that we play him at RB and Maidana and Mercado in the middle. Far from ideal, but perhaps this is an option that isn't too bad... But then again, we need to see if Moreira actually signs and then if he's able to adapt to River after playing in the far, far inferior Paraguayan league his whole career

locoxriver repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pero toca nacionalizarlo uruguayo ...para que Gallardo lo apruebee ..

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just when it seemed Tabaré Viudez was finally going to leave River for chunk change, it appears D'Onofrio is growing some balls. The idea is to include Diego Polenta in the negotiation. Nacional doesn't want to accept this which is fine. If they don't want to give up Polenta then they can forget about Viudez. We should sell Viudez to San Lorenzo before giving him to Nacional just to cancel the debt for Alonso's transfer. We paid a lot of money for Viudez and we shouldn't just give him away, even with his awful form.

When you think of the numbers River moves with in the transfer market, its shocking. I think Rossi is good player and could become great at River. But we paid 40 million pesos, nearly 3 million dollars, which is roughly the price Basel is paying for Balanta. Now obviously, Balanta is in a run of form that is just horrible. Yet, this is a guy who has won Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, Recopa, Supercopa, Torneo Final, played Final of Club World Cup vs. Barcelona (where he was actually one of River's best players) and has played a World Cup for Colombia. Rossi has played 20 odd games for mid table Banfield. Its laughable the types of deals D'Onofrio makes.

I could use a similar example for the price we paid for an injured Lollo, which was over a million dollars more than we sold Pezzella for, who had won everything for River and had been Argentina's captain at the Sub 20 world cup and pan am games. Or lets not forget the price paid for Pity Martinez who had never played a game in the A, just played in the B for Huracan. And these are just the prices paid for players bought/sold, don't even want to get into the discussion of the players who left for free and their potential values like Vangioni, Sanchez, Chichizola, Barovero...

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like River reached an agreement with Libertad for Jorge Moreira: $2,500,000 for his full transfer.

Another heavy investment.. Between the 3 paid transfers so far (Lollo, Rossi, and Moreira; Bologna was a free agent) River has spent $9 million+ ... Still unbelievable that this money was there all along but they couldn't offer Carlos Sanchez a pay raise. Sorry if I keep repeating myself, but it just makes you shake your head every time you see the transfer fees Donofrio deals

pepinointer, RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to the latest reports, Marcelo Larrondo is going to play for River.

Incredibly enough, on top of the $2.5 million transfer fee, River is paying Central an additional million as some sort of "apology", as well as including a clause that wouldnt allow him to face the Rosario side. :rolleyes: really unheard of stuff.

First they scared them off the Salazar transfer, despite there being a legal transfer clause in his contract, and now this. Central really has made D'Onofrio their bitch

megamac20817, RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rosario Central went from being a club I admired because of Chacho Coudet and their attacking brand of football to be a club I despise because of their absurd directors and even Coudet's complaining about how we called all his top players. Anyway, it may have been horrible negotiating, but we got our man and all the Rosario fans, players, coaches, and directors can cry all they want.

Larrando for me is the first serious signing we've made. Ever since that match played in the Arroyito that he tore us apart I've wanted him for River. Obviously, playing for River is harder than any other club, but playing for Rosario or Newell's is much similar to playing for River or Boca than say Banfield, Huracan, or any other tiny clubs where we've wasted money on players in recent years.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumors flying around that Diego Polenta is getting closer by the minutes and could very well be joining River. This would be the signing of the summer IMO. Our defense was a disaster last season. Yes, we often struggled with putting the ball in the net, but hell, even the Trujillanos game we almost blew a 4-0 lead. We were eliminated by IDV thanks to 2 errors by Balanta. Polenta for Balanta is a hell of a trade.

The question is now... Do you think Gallardo is thinking of implementing a back 3 this season? Polenta is a full international and captain of nacional. He isn't going to River to sit on the bench. Lollo also cost a shit load of money considering his age and injuries, and wouldn't be wise to spend that on a back up.

Either way, if Polenta goes through i am really gonna like our team

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    25-year-old Independiente del Valle and Ecuadorian NT defender Arturo Mina set to join River after IDV's participation in the Libertadores in exchange for $2,700,000 for 70% of his transfer.

Who would you guys play as the starting CB duo? Maidana-Mina? Maidana-Lollo?

Vamos Mina, a romperla!

fafaco and Ron Mexico repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lollo

20. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it's such an honor for us Ecuadorians, to have one of our players in a Great Team like River Plate! I would have preferred Arturo Mina to play in Europe, but River Plate is the Next Best Thing! :thumbsup:

RiverGaucho repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm excited about the refuerzos, but man, I had forgotten that Larrondo suffered a serious injury 4 months ago and is still recovering.

It's a risk.. both him and Lollo are returning from very extended periods of not playing. Between the two, we have spent nearly $7,000,000 in transfer fees.

I have faith in both, but those are big bucks for injured players

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mina is a huge signing in my opinion. I really like his personality. He is the figura of the current Copa Libertadores and just scored a goal in the Final. He has the personality to play in River IMO. I'd much prefer Mina than Lollo

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  23. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah. Lollo sounds like some of the crappy signings DAP used to make that take up alot of the club's money and provide nothing for the team on the field.

Mina is a dude that is having a great tournament and was probably going to Europe.

Doesn't negate that awful deal D'Onofrio made with Central. Ufff! Someone needs rape counseling.

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ESPN is reporting that Mina will arrive in Buenos Aires on Monday to under go his medical and sign his contract.

I'm honestly a bit nervous about this. I know the player himself has said he's going to River and he's posed with his wife wearing the shirt, but what if he scores another goal and IDV wins the Copa? I'd be seriously worried some european club could swing in and hijack the deal.

I desperately want to see this guy at River and even though everything indicates its gonna happen, I just want feel secure about it until he's signed on the dotted line.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gio Simeone transferred to Genoa for $3,000,000 euros. River will receive 35% of a future transfer fee.

pepinointer and Ron Mexico repped this.