Melchior Arnold Interview

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by RobtheAggie, Mar 2, 2004.

1. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a link to an interview in french:

http://www.top11.ch/Action.lasso?-nothing&-Token.us=Win.IE.4&-Token=F.top11.hp&-Response=entry2.html

I know that usually full text articles are not premitted but here it goes in english:

"Q. Melchior Arnold, FC Chiasso is leading the Challenge League. Unbelievable situiation, no?

A. That is correct that we are very suprised by our position in the standings. Thanks to the coach, our young team has evolved without pressure and the technical development has arrived almost automatically! At the beginning of the season, with the same team that was promoted from the 1st league and two foreign imports, we were looking to simply stay in the Challenge League. Today, we are working daily knowing that everything can quickly change...

Q. In two years, can the FC Chiasso jump from the 1st League to the Axpo Super League?

A. We are not yet thinking about that, but it would be a great gift! One needs to be grounded in reality. It has become more and more difficult for a club such as ours to wrestle against the budget and experience of teams such as Sion, Lucerne, Malcantone Agno, Schaffhouse or Yverdon. I am waiting for the last 15 matches! The other players are excited about soccer and are constantlly trying to imporve.

Q. A little bit about your personal future?

A. I have just celebrated my 32nd birthday two days ago. I feel in good shape and hope to continue my career for three or more seasons. My contract with FC Chiasso goes until June 2005 with an option for 12 months more. Whether in the Elite or second division, I am happy here in Tessin and I see myself contuining this fabulous adventure."