MD9: Roma vs Napoli (November 2nd, 2019)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by SaI', Nov 2, 2019.

1. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol manolas is the best player in campania region right now. Roma are so so bad but we are the worst. even hellas verona could easily beat us. We are lucky if we don’t relegate to serie b with this mfcker coach

FCK OFF YOU CLOWN AND TAKE YOUR STUPID SON WITH YOU.

THIAGO MOTTAAAAAAAAA

whill4, SaI' and Andreas repped this.
  2. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    SPALLETTI BALD GENIUS

3. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    So I watched the rest of game once I regained vision. Flaco was unreal, MOTM. He had TWELVE ball recoveries. TWELVE.

bridgefour, whill4, ErPupone and 3 others repped this.
  4. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    52A613D2-F456-4947-A018-21303D36A0A8.jpeg Spot the bidone.

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not a bad number of passes for someone who just passes and hopes it finds someone eh morty :p;)

Java65 and SaI' repped this.
  6. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Yesterday wasn’t the same Flaco we’ve been privy to watching for the past 18 months. Eh but Morty.

Hustle and Flow repped this.
  7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not just yesterday, the last 5 games its been building game on game. Some players, especially talents like him who are soft and go on and off perhaps need that consistency of game after game to get going.

It wouldnt have happened without the injury crisis but he has stepped up and shown he is still a serious player. Its a win for us.

8. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    mario rui 6.6?
    alex meret 7.1? aahahhaahahahahahh

ahhahahahahahaha
    who did this as roma until the end account?

Andreas, ErPupone and SaI' repped this.
  9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meret was phenomenal. If not for him Roma probably score 4 goals. IMO, I think he's the best young Italian GK, I think he's better than Donna.

Oban14 and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair the question about Pastore has always been his work ethic and that goes beyond his year at Roma. He, unquestionably has the skills to be a world class player in tight spaces he's a genius, probably one of the best.

This is why I always bang the drum about healthy competition within the team. If you know there is somebody behind you talented enough to take your spot it will motivate you to work in games and in training. Pastore has set the bar now it's up to Lorenzo to match it.

Oban14, Midfield General and La Magica repped this.
  11. PrimoCalcio

PrimoCalcio Member

Milan/Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 14, 2019
    Indeed, Meret was huge. Definitely pushing Gigio. I think Meret is more well-rounded than Donnarumma, but in terms if pure shot-stopping Donnarumma is still among the best in the world. We've seen many MOTM performances from Donna over the past few years, just like Meret's today. Italy's gloves are in good hands either way.

Java65 repped this.
  12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea Donna is a fantastic shot stopper but positionally he's erratic and his decision making is head-scratching at time. That said he's still really young and that stuff can be learned.

Like you said, you can't go wrong with either and Italy's GK situation looks to be in good hands for a lot of years. There is also Audero who is a pretty damn good GK in his own right.

13. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    lol @ these ratings. Rui was by far their worst player.

Andreas repped this.
  14. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    45D478A6-0FD4-4ADB-A5B7-6F763672957D.jpeg
    4540D46F-CABE-4F1B-A8D6-5B53264BB33A.jpeg
    bidone

15. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo

wm72, Andreas and shiboboo repped this.
  16. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maybe one day you numpties will realise you need to listen to the Bad Wolf more...but I aint holding my breath.

17. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  18. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mancini is playing DM right now and that's a LOT different than being a CB. Out of position 1 time as a CB and you can get punished. He certainly has the mobility and the passing but, IMO, the number one trait is reading the game and being in position.

The only way we know for sure if for him to get a long run of games there.

Forzaabruzzo repped this.
  19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #119 La Magica, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    He will be a fine centre back in time but its good to know he can play very well here if need be. He never arrived here as a finished article and you even had posters wanting him gone after a couple of games...This forum :laugh:

Veretout alongside Pellegrini could be tried out in future now Pastore has found form as well.
    Mancini has definitely stepped up and given us another very good option. One who also allows us to quickly drop into a back 3 in game which would have been very useful for example when Mertens was pulling Cetin wide and leaving Smaldini exposed in the centre on a few occasions. That was clever play from Napoli.

It would be a very interesting tactic to have up our sleeves that would just need some practice in training to get right during a match. Especially for games were you have a clever forward who is going wide to do just that to our defence.

Forzaabruzzo, wm72 and Java65 repped this.
  20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still in awe of Veretout he's been absolutely fantastic. I don't think it's any coincidence our form has improved as Veretout has settled in and taken over the MF.

Yea, I agree about Mancini, I just don't want people to go crazy when he makes a mistake at CB that costs us a goal. He's young, and as you said, not a finished product so there is going to be some growing pains.

Forzaabruzzo and bridgefour repped this.
  21. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    see you at san paolo

22. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    You haven’t beaten us at the San Paolo since 2014 cuck.

23. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    we will : ))

24. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    F42D7430-F12D-4B45-88E4-49C8BC8A75C0.jpeg

25. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol this one was hard to accept at that moment . You should search about the game at olimpico last year

1:25 AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SaI' repped this.