MD36: Roma vs. Rubentus (May 12th, 2019)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by L'immortale, May 8, 2019.

1. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This is one of the most absurd posts I've seen that isn't a clear troll.

There are more than enough things/moments to criticize EDF for. No need to make up BS regarding him and ranieri.

Hustle and Flow repped this.
  2. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    lol... it wouldn't be the internet if we didn't celebrate by taking blatant shots and passive-aggressive digs at each other.

NogNog, I can't see what you posted, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

3. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Care to explain why instead?

4. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I want Roma save Ranieri for next season :(

5. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What?

Good grief you're sad a bastard.

Haakon24, hangthadj, Rossonero23 and 2 others repped this.
  6. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If we win the last two there is a chance because as well as having to play away to Juventus, on the last day Atalanta plays Sassuolo in Reggio Emilia.

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Because you're giving him way too much credit. He will play this same system almost every game and the luck fell with us today. Last week we played Genoa and almost stole a win. We were lucky to get a point in the end. A Genoa that is a shambles, outplayed us and he was happy to watch it, making no changes as time ticked away. When he did make a change it was in the hope of a long ball or cross and we fluked a goal. Thats not mature tactics, its garbage football and this is what his football brings. Defense and hoping the other team doesn't nick a goal before you can hopefully counter first.

Credit with him steadying the ship and closing out the season, he does appear to have a knack for short term rescue jobs. He is a calming figure and a nice gentleman but this is not a man to build your team on. Handshake and move on at the end of the season.

ErPupone repped this.
  8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    [​IMG]

Ahahshahsha

I’m never wrong you stupid cuck

9. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Roma was leading, although a late goal. The goal conceded from the corner was because of poor anticipation by Fazio and Nzonzi.

Ranieri previous seasons with Roma showed what he can do. This year he took over a broken team and salvaged what EDF done this year.

What posession football do you expect Roma to have with Dzeko and the inconsistent mid of Pellegrini and Cristante? The team can't do it. Playing deep with player like Fazio and counter on the wings is the only option we have.

Roma simply doesn't have the ability to control the game with the mid they have. EDF lost players that can do that and still remained with the same tactic.

Hell how many times have we seen Defrel and Schick forced to play as right wingers and fail miserably and still continue to do so.

If EDF was not stubborn Roma would still have Defrel as backup to Dzeko. Instead he failed to play outside his position and sent out on loan.

Also let's not forget the second leg of Liverpool's game. Playing high line while getting bombarded with long balls was the most painful thing.

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes Roma were leading with a late goal. We were dreadful, a hopeful cross and a garbage header from Dzeko fell to SES at the back post and we stole a goal. As I said, this is his football.. Sit and counter, hoping on a mistake or a bit of brilliance from an individual is passive football and he is happy to do that right up until the 90min and be content with a 0-0 if need be.

Im not saying there isnt a place in the game for it, there is. Just not at a club the size of Roma. Its a small teams attitude. I know we're shit this season but these are not ideals you want to aim for long term.
    Big teams, teams with any ambition should be taking the game to opponents. This is football you build on and Ranieri cant offer that.

Im not disputing EDF had his issues, he is a young manager still learning. He made mistakes, the team given to him was full of holes, theres many issues that contribute to what has happened but his football was geared towards taking the game to the opponent and Roma being the attacking dominate team. It didnt work out, a big part of that for me is a lack of patience but that is the type of manager and the ideal Roma should be aiming at period.

Haakon24 repped this.
  11. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

12. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    No this is not how I want Roma to be but this is the only way to deal with the situation that the management has put the team into.

As I said Ranieri is salvaging the rest of the season. He is getting more out of the team compared to EDF.

EDF constantly refused to realize that the current team can't adopt to his tactics and played Olsen all the time not realizing he has a better keeper on the bench.

I am hoping for a better transfer this summer to get us out of this mess.

porreca, LordNelson and La Magica repped this.
  13. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Everyone before the game: “Season is over, this game doesn’t even matter”

0F4022D5-93C5-4EA6-B51E-5671A2D2B549.jpeg

Haakon24 and Midfield General repped this.
  14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Moebek repped this.
  15. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I blame it on Pallotta and Monchi for waiting to long for the change. Should have been by Christmas at maximum.

DOctore13 and Java65 repped this.
  16. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Pallotta wanted to fire EDF since Nov, Monchi was the one keeping that from happening.

I still think EDF could have easily finished top 4 with what he was given, but he preferred to shoot himself in the foot again and again.

17. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In no way, shape or form is Ranieri tactically diverse. He does not suit his tactics to players at his disposal. He plays a deep 4 man defensive line and is conservative in attack. That's what he does. Simple and effective in spurts. He would do this at any team he takes over. Everybody knows the football that is to come when Ranieri is rumored to come in. There are no surprises.

EDF strayed from his main 433 philosophy to try to suit the team construction, he bounced back and forth between a 4 man and 3 man backline, etc. He was almost the complete opposite of stuck in his ways. If anything, he should have stuck with his convictions/433 more. We brought him in to play a certain way and it never really materialized.

There are several areas to criticize Monchi/EDF, but saying Ranieri is somehow tactically flexible goes against his entire coaching resume (and he has quite a long one).

Haakon24 and La Magica repped this.
  18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The season is over, they've just dragged it out another week.

19. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

Yes

upload_2019-5-12_19-21-55.jpeg

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
  21. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    If inter drop points tomorrow (which wouldn’t surprise me) we are in a great position.

22. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    BTW if we come 6th we will have to start the season with a new coach and DS in early July for EL qualifiying rounds.

Java65 repped this.
  23. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    shiboboo repped this.
  24. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Not gonna lie, this was the funniest post I read today:ROFLMAO:.

25. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    [​IMG]