MD25: Udinese v Roma (February 17th, 2018)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Watched the replay. Is it me or is age catching up with Ninja? He seems alot slower than he was last year.

2. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    A bit slower yes. Don't think it's an age thing, just not quite as fit as he was last season I would guess. Perhaps he has upped his cigarette intake this season.

My real concern is with Florenzi, or more specifically RB. I don't think he is playing well generally and yesterday he was very poor at times, particularly in the 1st half. The way he is playing, I don't see how Peres could be any worse and Peres will surely be required over the next week to give Florenzi a break. I don't see how Flo can play midweek and then against Milan too. Of course EdF doesn't appear to have too much faith in Peres. He hasn't featured in any capacity since coming on as a sub vs Inter a month ago, but as I say we'll likely need him over the next two games. So, RB is a concern for me right now.

At LB, Kolarov got a much needed break which was good. JJ might not offer much going forward but he's a decent, more defensive minded option to come in for Kolarov when required.

Under has clearly demonstrated that his left foot is a lethal weapon. That strike yesterday was unreal. All 4 goals he has scored were superb and were executed in different ways. Defenders will be much more likely to press him hard in those kinds of positions now, which should actually open up different possibilities for him. It'll be interesting to see how his form evolves.

Shen-O and Salmeen10 repped this.
  3. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dzeko acts like he doesn’t care anymore he’s just plodding along lately , I want to see Schick and under in the same line up

Forzaabruzzo repped this.
  4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Of course there could be multiple reasons, slight knock? Or playing within himself for the big stretch of games perhaps? Players manage themselves when they know what's coming up. Why go all out at Udinese. I've seen us coast through these games before waiting for a moment of quality to happen without putting in too much effort for many years. Of course we've seen it backfire before but it went in our favour and we pick up the ugly but solid win.

Lets see how he looks in the next month to really see where he might be at.

5. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Schick or Defrel. Both merit a legit chance to prove themselves. Dzeko is noticeably worn out and lethargic out there. Why EDF is choosing to he so stubborn is beyond me.

shiboboo repped this.
  6. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    People often forget just how much football radja has played for us, especially over the past 3 seasons. Considering how much ground that guy has to cover can you blame him if he looks a little off from time to time?

7. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I noticed that too. He didn't even turn around to shake his hand when he subbed off

shiboboo repped this.
  8. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Good man management skills. By not treating him special, he just expects him to go out and do his job, in turn keeping him grounded. EDF is not stupid.

9. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    So that's why he didn't shake his hand? Seems kinda harsh.

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I wouldn't read much into it. Behind closed dooors I'm sure all acknowledge what Under has brought to the team.
    There could be 100 things a manager sees that's been said over and over in training, things a player didn't do or mistakes he kept making during the game that can piss off a manager. Things we don't see.

“Under was a wise choice by the club, he needs to improve his choices, but since he arrived, he plays far more for the team than the individual. His greatest strength is being able to prepare his shot with great speed, making him difficult to close down"

After the game words, this here says it all . He admires him but hes letting him know he has much to improve on. Tough love.

11. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This.

Why aren’t Schick or Defrel getting a start? And Dzeko plays a full 90 every game. Why EDF refuses to change, I don’t understand

12. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    EdF was simply busy barking out orders at that particular moment. Remember it was only 1-0 at the time and the job wasn't done.

13. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd be very surprised if Dzeko starts against Shakhtar midweek and against Milan next Sunday. I think he'll be on the bench for one of those games with Defrel or Schick getting a start instead.

Right now in this particular moment, I think Defrel might have more to offer than Schick. As I said earlier in the thread, I'd be very interested to see a front 3 of Perotti/Defrel/Under in operation.

14. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea that Florenzi was a long term solution at RB by some was only made possible by how ass Bruno is in comparison.

Hopefully Karsdorp puts a permanent end to the Florenzi RB experiment and Flo can get back to where he's a more natural fit, love his running and energy in the midfield.

La Magica repped this.
  15. RomaWolf

RomaWolf Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Anyone has a link to watch the full match?

16. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Marco9 and RomaWolf repped this.
  17. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #92 LordNelson, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    No. I sail the world's oceans and humiliate my opponents. Something, which - you Sir, can not.

Adding to that, 3 wins against crap teams; does not make this abysmal season any better.