MD22: Roma vs Milan (February 3rd, 2019)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Jan 31, 2019.

1. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Schick, Karsdorp, DDR & Zaniolo were all great today

Florenzi, Olsen, Fazio, Kolarov... oooof, they should all be playing for Chievo

ErPupone, mancini30, shiboboo and 4 others repped this.
  2. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Great to have DDR back and great to see him last the 90. Different team with that man there. How will we ever move on?

As expected, a battling performance. We played a decent game and ultimately were comfortably the better side and deserved to win. Schick/Karsdorp impressed me. Zaniolo great 1st half again, but (goal notwithstanding of course) seems to disappear 2nd halves.

Fitness is a problem. Needs to, and hopefully will, improve.

3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    It was an interesting formation, as at times Zaniolo would press in the hole while other times it was Pellegrini. Maybe that’s how you fit them both on the pitch at the same time. It was a mix between 4231 and 433.

4. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hey, I never he said he was a world beater. I reply in relation to the Milan goal in isolation only. You want to blame Olsen? Fine. But fcuking call out the worse crap from Lo Pelle, and Fazio especially, that preceeded it.

Just pisses me of when posters have this never ending agenda against players and rubbish them for anything and everything.

5. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Yes, Pellegrini definetly should have not lost the ball to Paqueta, then allowing him to easily cross into the middle of the box. Expect better from him. I've already said my peace on Fazio. He's fell off the face of the earth this season sadly, considering he was one of the best CB's in the league under Spalletti.

Olsen is god awful though. I can't stand him. Swedish beta cuck.

6. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Do I see Olsen's weaknesses? Of course I do. They're fairly obvious. However I don't think he is as awful as some here do. About what you'd expect from a 12 mil GK new to the league. Not great, not bad, and actually someone I can only see improving as he settles more. Bottom line for me: he's not the worst of the issues we have. Far from it actually.

We were spoilt with AB. You cant compare the two. That's simply unfair.

Haakon24 repped this.
  7. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The only thing that's unfair right now is that clueless Monchi still being DS. He should have been booted back to Spain by now.

8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    I'm definetly spoiled, I'll admit to that. 3 quality seasons in a row between Sczcesny and AB definetly did that.

I'm having Goicoechea reminders with Olsen.

9. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i agree with you

10. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Decent performance I will give us that. However, that is as good as it is going to get. We went through hell to get a point against EDF`s self-proclaimed " Grande Milan " . Zaniolo looked good and gives a real effort. Schick despite what some people are saying here, is still so ineffective and will never warrant his price tag.

Olsen and Fazio are probably the biggest issues in the squad. Do not give me " their not bad " rubbish. They really are terrible - Fazio just watching the ball and am I the only one who gets nervous even when our players pass him the ball ? The same goes to Olsen, disaster is just waiting to happen.

A complete disaster. If our " Zeman-lover " had any bravery in him - he would drop these two Chievo players in the next match. Of course no chance of that. Also a big thanks to our biggest clown Monchi for not giving us a competitive side. You all can go on about how great he is and have your little avatars with him on and so on - the fact is if tommorow, Olsen, Fazio, Kolarov, Schick, EDF and Monchi all went.... well to be honest we would not be worse and probably get better.

Marko83 and L'immortale repped this.
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Le pagelle di Roma-Milan 1-1: Donnarumma fenomenale ... - Eurosport

12. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  13. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ah Nelly, that was a pretty good, gutsy performance from Schick. So ineffective that his smart flick on led to the equaliser?

Jesus wept......the odd balls around this place.

Haakon24 repped this.
  14. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    Schick's dribbling, passing, and playmaking is not the issue- he actually has been quite good except for the fact that he is on the team to score goals. He had a great chance with Dzeko struggling ad injured much of the season to establish himself as a main scoring threat and failed miserably. Just look at what happened when he had basically a 1 vs 1 scoring chance vs the keeper today.

tomer48 repped this.
  15. HeadBurn3r

HeadBurn3r Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Novi Pazar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I thought I’d never say this, but I miss JJ. :(

16. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Unlucky not to win this, let's hope we'll have DDR for the rest of the season.

17. muptonfish

muptonfish Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The confirmation bias is strong on this forum

18. TheFerryBoat

TheFerryBoat Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So this summer we are for sure buying a better CB and GK. Right??

19. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    someone no one else wants most likely..........has worked before but not lately

20. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #170 Lameelaa, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Could of had Areola, but nah monchi rather have a 30 year old nobody who cant catch water if he feel out of a boat.

21. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #171 tomer48, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    You saw it against Fiorentina but probably you havent noticed because he was invisible in attack just like today and just like 99% of his games for us , I agree Dzeko was weak but at least i see him involved many times unlike Schick that until the end of the first half i forgot his on the pitch.

22. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    He was playing RW like half his starts at this club, seriously....

I’m notsomw great statistician but compare the games we had with Schick as ST to the ones with Dzeko and it’s night and day.

As a side note, I’d like to see Dzeko try to play RW like Schick, he’d look like an even bigger bum than he does playing as ST. Seeing him pretend like he’s Totti/Pirlo is too much for me.

23. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Are you serious? He took down a ball that Dzeko couldn’t control 1 time out of 100. He couldn’t get his legs sorted but criticizing him for that is retarded.

24. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He played as the main striker when Dzeko was injured for a long time and he looked like a walking disaster as well as the team. Should i remind you he was suppoused to go on a loan because he lookes so clueless.

porreca repped this.
  25. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired