MD15: Cagliari v Roma (December 8th, 2018)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Dec 6, 2018.

1. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

EDF HAS TO GO

porreca repped this.
  2. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    What will Monchi say?

“We trust EDF and our players” “We were unlucky”

3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    lol ok on Olsen, you see it one way and I the other. Manolas is a boss who has saved us but I call it game by game. Today he wasnt switched on at a crucial time and we get fcuekd. EDF needed a break, the team needed a break but we're full of individual mistakes still. We cant go through a 90 mins without the attack missing or the defense messing up. Its just unbelievable for professionals to continue to do it.

4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I was furious with the performance even when we were 2-0 up. It’s unacceptable how we do all the little things wrong. Players are always standing in the wrong places, forwards have no idea how to use the space to their advantage and the backline have no idea or clue how to play from the back.

The collapse at the end is just the culmination of all these weaknesses. EDF has failed to coach this team, he needs to go now or next summer. If Monchi threatens with resignation then he’s just making excuses to leave.

We also need to add a new GK to the list of desperate needs next summer.

5. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pathetic. I hope all you village idiots, who were saying we are build for the future and lauding those American circus clowns along with that moronic moron Monchi are happy with yourselves.

Anyone with any knowledge of anything saw this coming. Schick had his chance, all he has done is confirm he is the biggest flop in Roma history. The sooner Monchi goes, the better. This is all on him.

6. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  7. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Just to reiterate...

8. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    This is bad. This squads confidence is completely broken right now.

9. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I would totally kiss Conte’s ass if he becomes to new Roma manager.

nguoiaoden repped this.
  10. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think we all owe Sabatini an apology.

11. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    And Spalletti.

Sabatini did good work to build us up for 7 years and Di Francesco and Mongo ruined it in 18 months and we are back to where we started.

Java65, nguoiaoden and LordNelson repped this.
  12. Indian_Gladiator

Sep 4, 2014
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Because of his horrible distribution

13. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Shut up, guys, Roma needs more silverware - EL and Coppa Italia is what Moronchi is after. It all goes as expected. It's the new Roma project is all.

We're building a strong squad for 3071. It's a project for the future, it only seems that we're doing stupid things by selling the leaders in the club and bringing in morons in their places.

porreca, nguoiaoden and LordNelson repped this.
  14. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    In 7 years we failed to finish higher than 2nd place and continuously crashed out early in CL. Not to mention some disastrous acquisitions of their own. But yes, they really took this club to new heights during that time.

15. TwistedJester

TwistedJester Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree with you, i'm by no means laying all the blame on Olsen, its a collective thing that EDF seems unable to rectify.

16. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Schick is very bad. Monchi out, EDF out !

17. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree with you !

TwistedJester repped this.
  18. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    And now? We have 21 points from 15 games. We are on pace to finish 10th.

19. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's in a legal battle with Chelsea, so I doubt we sign him now because it would probably hurt his case. But I wouldn't be surprised at this point if he's already lined up to take over in the summer.

20. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    #120 Forzaabruzzo, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Not much better than how we were performing during the Saba/LE and Saba/Zeman eras then? At least Saba was given the benefit of 7 years to try and turn this team into a winner (which he failed to do). 7 years and ZERO silverware, a lot of sales and flop acquisitions, and perennial failures in CL/EL.

Haakon24 repped this.
  21. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    In EDFs defense nothing, and I mean NOTHING has gone his way this season. Between the slew of injuries to key players (which just keep mounting) and the abundance of wasted opportunities on the pitch, there really is very little a coach can do to remedy such a mess of a situation.

22. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  23. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montella would have been fine if we still had the team from two years ago. But with today's squad I think he'd only make our mental frailness worse.

Players used to half-joke about fearing Spalletti in his last stint. We need someone like that.

24. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't see why you would be furious with a bunch of 20 year olds learning on the job. It's a tough place to play and we had some promising spells of keep ball. They did run out of steam and made errors with passing but that's understandable given a young attack, up until the collapse it was still a decent outing that we looked to take 3 points and build on. The first goal was coming for surebut the 2nd was a bad joke that I have no words for.

25. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    #125 L'immortale, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    And yet, after his first season, the team was NEVER this bad. Mongo took at team that made 87 points, the most in its history, and turned them into a 10th place club in 18 months.

LordNelson repped this.