MD14: Roma vs Inter (December 2nd, 2018)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Dec 1, 2018.

1. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Perotti is not running or trying at all. F*ck him, hope he never plays for us again

2. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    Hehe Nzonzi made Spalletti lose it

Shen-O repped this.
  3. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Good performance and a respectable result considering the circumstances. A lot of positives to draw upon.

4. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    It's his first appearance in like 2 months. Cut him some slack lol

Haakon24, La Magica, Shen-O and 7 others repped this.
  5. Marko83

Marko83 Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Stockton on Tees, Inghilterra
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The ref must have a restaurant booking

Java65 repped this.
  6. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take it. Not a great game, but not terrible either. If we had Dzeko I think we would have won that.

7. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    caught the last 15. Florenzi was immense.

Forzaabruzzo repped this.
  8. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wouldn’t you expect him to be eager to get involved in such a game? He looked like he’d rather be watching from his couch

9. TwistedJester

TwistedJester Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Decent performance. Cant be too dissapointed but could of done with the win considering the table. Rocchi is a ********

La Magica and Java65 repped this.
  10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... and Roma has a history of championships? People have been spoiled by recent success but Roma have a grand total of 3 scudetti in their history and no European trophies.

The reality is Roma has been an upper mid-table team throughout their history.

That said, we can only make decisions based on where we are at now and, IMO, we are better off building something for the future because we aren't doing anything with the veterans.

Forzaabruzzo repped this.
  11. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    If I'm him and have had such bad luck with injuries, I'm reluctant to push it too hard when coming off the bench cold

12. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm happy with the draw after the final 10 minutes. Our players could barely run in the end, especially Nzonzi and Cristante (+ Perotti, not surprising after his long break tho). Just get ~10 points from the next 5 fixtures, a proper CB in January and we're fine.

13. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Bad day for Spalletti cultists. He brings his system and this improved Inter mentality to Rome, vs a decimated Roma side and sees his team give up two leads and then is sent off.

On the other sideline EDF turned over the keys to a 19 year old (taken from Inter), made positive attacking subs, and saw his team fight back from two deficits. Sure, we wanted all 3 points, but this speaks loudly for EDF in a positive way.

I'll take it.

Haakon24, Moebek, Oban14 and 6 others repped this.
  14. Marko83

Marko83 Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Stockton on Tees, Inghilterra
    Club:
    AS Roma

We aren't though. We sell anyone that has a half decent offer.

15. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    People are saying that ever since I first became a Roma fan.

Can we put a deadline on said future already? 2050? 2150? 3751?

When you don't commit to a failure or success kind of situation, you always end up nowhere near where you'd like to be.

I believe in deadlines. No deadline = no commitment = no accountability. It doesn't get any simpler that that.

LordNelson repped this.
  16. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tbh, the only thing I didn't understand from EDF was bringing Perotti in, before Pastore.

17. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We have to, because the club isn't profitable until we build a stadium, or we get taken over by someone with oil money, it's just the financial reality

I thought Zaniolo was a revelation, he seems like such a natural talent with self confidence

this game also makes me wonder how Cristante would play in that trequartista position.... seems like the players who have struggled in the midfield 3 (Pellegrini and Zaniolo) seem to thrive in that role behind the striker

honestly though, apart from an Under wonder strike we looked toothless in front of goal again, i also think Schick plays that role better than Dzeko as he links up a lot more with the wingers, I remember after Under scored he had another chance inside the box that he should have buried, which was all from Schick and Kluivert playing one two passes with each other

without the creativity of a Pjanic/Pizarro type player in midfield that's the sort of plays we should be looking for to spark goals really (or hopefully Pastore regains fitness)

18. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Because Roma was always outspent by other clubs expect for a handful of occasions. That is not the case now, so expectations rightly change.

You can spend less than half of what we spend - like Lazio does - and fight for fourth.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Le pagelle di Roma-Inter 2-2: Zaniolo ex al veleno, Perisic abulico …

[​IMG]

20. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Let me answer that for you: Awful.

He doesn’t have the technical skills to play in that position on a team that dominates possession.

21. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zaniolo is a boss and a gem. Please god I hope we never sell him

22. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This season, Berardi 2 goals and 2 assists vs Cristante 1 goal and 2 assists, just saying...!

Haakon24, ErPupone and Moebek repped this.
  23. HeadBurn3r

HeadBurn3r Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Novi Pazar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    50 mill is peanuts nowadays. What can you buy with that money? Two Cristantes?

Zaniolo mauling opponents at the age of 19.

Shick could have had 2 assists tonight, what a ball for Florenci. If Pastore could have curled in that late shot, it would be 2.

Cristante is getting better, he’s showing some character.

Forzaabruzzo and Shen-O repped this.
  24. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I do laugh when I see people saying we are " building for the future " - I mean how long have we been building ? I would take it, since your " American Heroes " have taken over. We build and sell, build and sell, build and sell - thats it.

Our " PSG-Lover" is doing only what he is ordered to do - get the occasional good result, so the tifosi do not go all rioting and sell players at profit. This team under your " American Heroes " is just made to "hope " for 4th - thats it. I see most of you village clowns have already accepted what is expected of you.

To be honest if I was Pallotta I would build a statue of Manolas outside the Olimpico; because of his goal against Barca, they have an excuse for the next 5 years about how Roma has improved. It is all so clear, for your " American Heroes " Manolas has achieved more for them then Totti did for Roma in 25 years.

To the game, there are a few ponts.

- Schick IS the biggest flop in Roma history. No denying it, he offers absolutely nothing.
    -Nzonzi , was only bought for sentimentel reasons or for reasons unknown to us from our " PSG-Lover ". Dreadful performance.
    - I honestly do not want to see two half-arsed players like Pastore or Perrotti in a Roma shirt again. Ok, they are " injured " - but both players crossed and ran with ball as if they did not give a damn. Seriously, surely our " Zeman-lover " knows their attitude, why not give the chance to some players who care.

25. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zaniolo has to play going forward. Makes me wonder how EDF will deploy both he and Pellegrini once healthy.

Forzaabruzzo and Java65 repped this.