PBP: Matchday 5: NER vs ATL

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Apr 11, 2019.

1. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Agreed about Josef. Saturday saw he and Barco work together MUCH better then before.

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Lets get Pity into the mix. Tito too. Why can't we put them all on the pitch?

3. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm sure it's possible and will happen on occasion but a lot of that depends on overall formation and team strategy. If you go with a back 4 like Saturday that leaves you with 3 other spots left, 2 of which would need to go to Nagbe and Gressel. So under this notion Julian and/or 1 of those front 4 plays more central and defensively than usual. (Presumably)

4. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This weekend I'm going to be conflicted. I started rooting for the Dallas Burn in 1995 when the initial teams for MLS were announced, and I've been going to games when in Texas ever since (my in-laws still live there). Now I'm an Atlanta United season ticket holder. This will be my first Dallas/Atlanta game (I was deployed for the MBS opener, and they played in Dallas for the other one so far). To quote my son, "Who do we cheer for?" I've pretty much decided to wear my FC Dallas gear to the game, and my kids are wearing Atlanta stuff.

FCD will bring a young team. They're very good tactically and they work well as a team, but they're inexperienced. They make individual mistakes that can be capitalized on, especially if Atlanta is ready to pounce. I think they'll be a much bigger test than New England was, but they definitely have weaknesses. They also have a rookie coach.

Atlanta can beat FCD in the film room. If FdB plays his cards right, even with Atlanta's current run of injuries FCD should not be a huge challenge.

Two wins in a row would, I think, right the ship as far as the fair-weather fans are concerned.

5. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'll get the match thread up by tomorrow, hopefully tonight.

Dallas and LA exist to give the sports world villains.