Matchday 3 - Tottenham at Everton

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by soccernutter, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Dele’s banned for the first 3(?) CL matches.

2. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great result. Hope that there can be good results/wins at Wembley in the coming games so the home form narrative that the press would love can be nixed.

3. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Forgot about that. I was hoping maybe Aurier would sub in for a few minutes to get his feet wet, so to speak, but with the injury sub for Sissoko that wasn't possible. I do wish MP would pull Kane a little earlier - it's a long season.

4. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Goodison took a battering from a Category 5 Harry Kane.

[​IMG]

3-4-2-1 really works for us. Sanchez good and Alderweireld his usual excellent self despite moving from the centre to the right side. Sissoko i've always thought of as a centre midfielder in the Dembele mould rather than an attacking or wide player.

Same again for Dortmund - Dembele for Sissoko is obvious, replacing Dele less so - could be Son as a like for like (ish), Winks to solidify midfield with an extra man, or Sissoko as a halfway between the 2.

Aurier for Trippier too is possible, but less likely given he hasn't played. Shame, Dortmund have plenty of pace and his could have been invaluable.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Wow. That was ridiculously easy. I know we have a good record at Goodison but I can't remember us cruising like that.

Sometimes it's about when you play a team and getting a sunny September day on Merseyside is better than going there under the lights on a cold January/February night. Hopefully when the other big sides go there, Koeman will have figured it out and they will get a battering.

I think the back 3 is our best bet because the opposition doesn't seem to be able to deal with our wing backs.

Dele Alli actually looked bored, some of his expressions were priceless!