Matchday 24: MTL v ATL

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Jul 28, 2018.

1. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Late with the thread as I've been out with the kids today, chasing a few last fun things before school kicks in.

As of the moment Atlanta is up 1-0 in the 37'. Parkhurst nursing an injured ankle and Escobar on a yellow. Remedi gets a start tonight.

2. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    HT: MTL 0-1 ATL

Martinez with #23 on a sweet build-up and assist with Miggy and Tito.

Atlanta is looking comfortable if not commanding, as Montreal has had some good looks and Josef has missed a sitter. Remedi is showing hustle but you can see he and Jeff are still figuring out how to orbit one another. For now the new guy appears to be covering a lot of ground, including extra cover for Escobar, but sometimes in transition Jeff is turning and finding no one immediately ahead a la Nagbe.

Fun match so far and if things hold Atlanta should be good for 1 to 2 more.

3. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    87' and Piatti halves Atlanta's lead, 1-2. Escobar leaving his mark WAY too open outside.

4. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FT: MTL 1-2 ATL

As said in the MLS PBP thread, deserved if not overwhelming. Sloppy, tired defense at the end allowed Piatti to drive one home near the end and Atlanta dropped off as the 2nd half wore on, but they also had several threatening attacks of their own and could arguably have scored 4.

Tito played on the left today and made for an interesting attack. Gressel had some moments showing his appreciation for being out wide on the right, but the flow of the match hampered him a bit.

Overall a good night as the team continues their fine road form. Added bonus of RB:NY dropping points, too.

5. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huge win tonight and very lucky to see Red Bull drop points.

6. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, what happened to the Red Cows? Just choked at home.

Very nice to see a blue collar victory. It wasn't pretty, and Montreal did deserve their goal. But a road win in MLS is never easy.

The TV shots showed a pretty sizeable ATL presence at the match. Good job, supporters' groups!

7. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    City and Red Bull losing is HUGE! I about watched those games as intensely as the Montreal game.

Gunner repped this.
  8. NashSC

NashSC Member+

Nashville SC
    United States
    Jan 3, 2018
    Not sure if anyone will see this post or where to really post it. Didn't want to start a new thread for this.

I'm coming to my first ever Atlanta game on Saturday. Any suggestions on best place to park. I will hopefully get to Atlanta a couple hours before the game starts.

9. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A) Whatever else I hope you have a great time and that the locals treat you well. Thanks for visiting our fair 'burb.

B) As for parking, I assume you're not staying in a local hotel? By the tenor of your post and handle I guess you're just driving in for the game.

I'm not intimately familiar with the lots in the area as I ride the rail. There are a couple on the east side of the stadium but I'm sure they're expensive. Maybe if you've got someone to share the cost...

If you think there is something else you might do or see while here you could chose to park closer to downtown, on the other side of Centennial Park. A lot of people use the surface lot next to the park and the Skyview Farris Wheel if they can get in.

If I think of anything else I'll pass it along.

NashSC repped this.
  10. NashSC

NashSC Member+

Nashville SC
    United States
    Jan 3, 2018
    Yes, not planning to stay overnight. I've been to the old Georgia dome but stayed in a hotel and parked in their garage.

11. Mabee

Mabee Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 26, 2017
    Parking.mercedesbenzstadium.com is your friend. It shows many of the available lots and gives a good representation of how far you have to walk. We park near the Tabernacle in lot D. It’s a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium but it’s easy in and out which are my priorities.

GunnerJacket and NashSC repped this.
  12. NashSC

NashSC Member+

Nashville SC
    United States
    Jan 3, 2018
    That is great. Thanks
    Do those prices represent all day parking? It doesnt say. Looks like you can buy right there but I'm guessing you have to purchase the same day you are going to be parking.

13. Mendel

Mendel Member

Atlanta
    United States
    May 21, 2018
    There's a lot of questionable parking lots in the area that will quickly charge you $20+ for 'Event Parking'. United games certainly fall in that category. Check with the link that Mabee suggested. There's no reason to get ripped off while you're enjoying the game.

14. Mabee

Mabee Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 26, 2017
    It depends on the lot. Most will be open all day on Saturday but for sure at least 4 hours ahead of time.