Matchday 11 - Bring your rain coat

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by Guy Everett, May 18, 2016.

1. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there any way for MLS/Pro to review the flop of the Montreal player when Brek went up to him? That should have been a yellow for flopping/simulation/whatever they want to call it.

That little interaction is a big reason why soccer isnt as popular in the US.

2. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    So I went back and looked at this on DVR. The guy had his arm around Shea's neck from behind when he took down Shea. So Shea went over and gave him a chest bump. The guy may have legitimately fallen down, since he wasn't expecting it. I hardly think he was unable to stand up again, though. And, really, the other guy should have gotten a yellow for trying to choke Shea. So I expect the MLS will take a close look at the entire incident, and hand out some sort of fine though probably not a suspension for either player.

3. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I disagree....did you see Labrons flop Saturday against Toronto in the NBA playoffs? Happens in all leagues. I think the reason soccer has taken longer to catch on in the States (and it has fully now) has more to do with the perceived imigrant game, but that can lead into a whole other thread :) and I very much like to leave politics out of my soccer talk.

4. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from my extremely scientific research on fb, flopping is a major reason for not liking the sport