Match Thread - Toronto FC vs. Philadelphia Union - August 23, 2017 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Mar 7, 2015.

1. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

What/When
    • Toronto FC (14-8-3) will return home to BMO Field to take on the Philadelphia Union (8-6-11) on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 8:00 pm EST.
    TV/Video
    Radio/Audio
    And While You're In Toronto...
    • Why not stop by the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE, if you will!) after the match, or even before it? The CNE runs from August 18 to September 4 this year.

2. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    What can you say here except that I hope they don't let points slip away against a low-ranked team again and I hope no one gets injured?

Anyone think we'll see some squad rotation ahead of the Montreal game or will Vanney just let things ride?

3. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    They should rest treat this like the mid-week Canadian championship games against Ottawa and leave Giovinco and Bradley out unless it's not going well and then sub in if necessary.

4. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I can see resting some starters like you suggest. On the other hand, if we're chasing the Supporters' Shield, all points are valuable so it would be nice to come out strong.

5. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I would bench Gio and start Bradley. If we get ahead, sub out Bradley, if we start to struggle sub in the Gio.

6. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  7. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    A good game. Nice to see them put it away against a lower ranked team. Also nice to see Osorio get a start. Now on to Montreal.

8. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    3 very good goals indeeed.

Pick of the bunch had to be the 3rd.

Also, and i think these are important to note when they happen, a very nice performance by the officiating crew. A well managed match.