Match Thread - Toronto FC at Orlando City SC - July 5, 2017 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Mar 7, 2015.

1. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

What/When
    • Toronto FC (10-5-3) will pay a visit to Orlando City Stadium in Orlando, Florida to take on Orlando City SC (8-5-6) on Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 7:30 pm EDT.
    TV/Video
    Radio/Audio

2. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Hopefully we can get a big rebound game here tonight. The team depth will certainly be tested with TFC missing a bunch of guys and Orlando coming with basically a full squad.

3. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  4. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Is the DUI the reason Larin isn't with the CMNT?

5. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yep. But since has now been cleared by MLS, the CSA is now open to bringing him in for the knockout stages of the Gold Cup if they make it that far.

crazypete13 repped this.
  6. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Nice performance tonight.....in the closing minutes now and up 3-1.

Seba is MOTM.....but, really, great performances by many.

Side note.....match concludes with 6 Canadians on the pitch......3 on each team.

crazypete13 repped this.
  7. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    An unexpectedly good performance after a poor performance in Dallas.

I thought that the decision to start the game with four at the back was brilliant. You knew Orlando was going to attack down the wings early so why allow them to get caught high up the pitch?

Like TOareaFan said, many great performances today. Hernandez should deserve praise for how he read the game despite playing sparingly this season.
    ------

For anyone who wants to Giovinco's free kick again --> https://streamable.com/af2lk

8. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I just watched the end of the Chicago-Portland game, the Timbers dominated but Chicago did get a draw so TFC is now level with Chicago for the Supporters Shield after tonight's win.

Giovinco's free kick was nice to see, it had seemed he had lost the set piece magic for awhile. The earlier one off the bar was tremendous as well.

9. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Great game. Too bad Hamilton couldn't quite slid that one in near the end. It wouldn't have changed the game but it would have been good for him to pick up another goal (with an assist from Morgan so two Canadians in on it).

10. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    his ~30 minutes on the pitch were, honestly, the first time Hamilton has really impressed me.....he did a lot of things right in a very short period of time...first time, to me, he has looked like a real pro and I so wanted him to score there as a reward for what he brought to the match.

11. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Better that he didn't actually. Good play boosted his confidence. Scoring would have boosted it too much.