Match Thread - MLS CUP FINAL - TORONTO FC VS. SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC - DECEMBER 9, 2017 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Mar 7, 2015.

1. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I was “around” for all of that...never really crossed my mind till I read your post.

Last year’s loss is clearly relevant but the Soccer Bowl stuff seems, to me, stuff from the distant past of another life I led.

2. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was only 6, didn't really know, but remember watching Soccerbowl in '81 without the Blizzard from Toronto Ex. Stadium, and remember the Blizzard losing in 83. This just adds to the rich but small history of soccer in this city....but nothing like the last 11 years as this city has totally embraced TFC culminating in this win. Lets hope for many more.

3. andyslc

andyslc No Longer a New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Fargo
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    congrats, Toronto from a RSL fan

4. RetreadFC

RetreadFC Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Oshawa
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow. Still speechless. Was there from season one when we all threw our seat cushions when Dichio scored....but Altidore's goal yesterday...still reliving that moment. All those years of mediocrity came down to this finally. Well done.

crazypete13 repped this.
  5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #55 GoodDead, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    According to my ticket rep and my spot on seat allocation priority I was the 4th ever season ticket owner and was there game one through years of ups and downs (mostly downs) with NEE the road trips and mentality we created in the stands were nothing but good memories. Walking out on the team vs LA after miserable performances only to travel to the next game in Montreal to show that even with certain defeat our point was we just wanted effort, and we got our first ever trophy as a reward for the trip.

But even though we did well in the CC we always struggled in MLS and who we all have to thank today is TIM LIEWEKE he came in with real leadership brought on Bez, and Bradley and told Toronto he was changing MLSE into winners and it was going to start with TFC. He left, but the winning mentality and the commitment to winning stayed and today we reap the rewards. So thanks Tim.

[​IMG]

crazypete13 repped this.
  6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]
    Stadium full
    Flags in the sky
    Smoke fills the air
    This gets me high
    Last year we said
    You Make us believe
    So this year fulfill all of our Dreams
    T.O Ole, T.O Ole
    Ole, Ole
    Ole, Ole
    T.O Ole, T.O Ole
    Ole.. Ole Ole Ole

crazypete13 repped this.
  7. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I was around but would have had to have been watching from my crib.

That said, I do recall going to many Blizzard games at Etobicoke Centennial Stadium with 2999 other fans back in the CSL days. To see 30 000+ at the stadium and to see where soccer is now in Toronto, and in Canada in general, is amazing.

8. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  9. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You can watch the championship parade going on today right here:

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lifting all three trophies at the end was perfect.

Also Osorios drunk interview on the bus with Cabbie was great. On Frei "At half time we were saying is this guy going to do this again? Yo lets keep on this guy because he is going to have to be God to stop us"

11. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    At this point it falls under the "doesn't really matter" category, but in what world was that 89th minute body check against Giovinco not a penalty?

When Saturday Comes repped this.
  12. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its nice that we could forget about that play right? lol

13. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats, TFC. Great game. Bradley was a beast.

Unak78, GoodDead, atlanticTFCfan and 3 others repped this.
  14. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Great to witness what was a amazing season come to a great end winning MLS Cup and completing the treble. From watching this club from the start going through the pains of rotation of coaches and players to now makes it a little extra special to celebrate. I am looking forward to see what we can put forward next year in terms of repeating and like many with addition of extra money see if we can build a squad capable of pushing for the CCL.

crazypete13 and atlanticTFCfan repped this.
  15. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Is there anywhere that I can get the audio for the TSN commentary or a video of the game from TSN?

16. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

Oh this is just brilliant...

17. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    atlanticTFCfan and ayers repped this.
  18. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  19. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    It's fine. I never dl anything on my phone due to lacking anti-virus programs. Much more robust protection on your computer. I barely noticed any issue outside of the massive size that they stored the match at. 1G would be more than sufficient for HD but this match had to be split into 6 pieces due to a near 5G size! Is this in 3D? Still the parts that I've seen look very good although I may shrink it down for myself and merge the parts. Big thanks to EvilTree. I've always loved to hear TSN coverage of MLS matches and it would have been a shame if I couldn't have their record of TFC's first MLS cup. I don't support any particular MLS side so much as the league as a whole, but TFC was the team who's video supporter videos back in it's first year were what got me to start watching the league regularly. Before that I'd probably watched as many matches as I could count on one and a half hands. If I could ever claim to support any team TFC is as close as it gets, (which is rough bc the Cascadia teams are right after them). Plus I'm from Bufallo NY. Toronto is one of the first city along with NYC that I remember actually visiting as a kid.

Congrats to you guys!!

GoodDead, crazypete13 and EvilTree repped this.
  20. ayers

ayers Member

Jul 9, 2002
    somewhere
    There's a smaller file (3GB, mkv format) floating around. It's on a private torrent site so I am not sure if I should post it here. Let me know if it's ok to do so or if anyone needs me to pm the info. (The one on reddit has better quality and complete pregame. Totally worth the time downloading.) I'm actually interested in finding one with ESPN's audio. Those buffoons and their melodrama are entertaining in a train wreck kind of way.

21. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    #71 Unak78, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    It's okay. I ended up merging them into two halves and uploaded them to my OneDrive to view on my X-Box One. There's an ad in there somewhere... (actually, I'm in the process of merging the first half and the second half is busy uploading to my OneDrive as I write this... both are well along in the process.)

Anyway, I'm not even going to bother making the file smaller for now. If I find the smaller version, I might end up getting the smaller version just for comparison, but I'm fine with this one. Quality is very good, but I wonder if a lower quality file would even be noticeable on only a 720p tv set... Probably not, much of it's quality is already lost when I play it on my tv. However I always have to be careful when I reduce quality bc done wrong it can end up looking like a pixelated mess if the conversion doesn't want to work properly. Unless my OneDrive starts running low on space (i've created my own personal Hulu/Netflix on there with movies, tv shows and sports that aren't on existing streaming sites) it may not make sense to bother with it. It's only half full at the moment and it took a lot of files to get this big. I may end up looking into purchasing more space when the time comes anyway. Besides which, I'd have to convert that file to mp4 since anying that can stream on OneDrive or anything else worthwhile still does not read mkv. Probably about the same amount of work just to make a smaller version of the file that I have in the same codec. But thanks for the info! ;)

ayers repped this.
  22. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on the Triple! An impressive accomplishment!

crazypete13, atlanticTFCfan and EvilTree repped this.