Match Thread - CCL - Toronto FC vs. Colorado Rapids - February 27, 2018 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Mar 7, 2015.

1. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    What/When
    • Toronto FC will return home to BMO Field to take on the Colorado Rapids in the second leg of a 2018 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 tie on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 8:00 pm EST.
    • Toronto FC leads 2-0 on aggregate.
    TV/Video
    Radio/Audio
    • None as of yet

2. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Interesting to see if Vanney makes any changes to the side from the win last week. I would think there could be a couple of changes but keep majority of our strongest XI together as going forward that is what we will be playing mid-week in CCL.

3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I'm hoping he puts out our strongest team today to give everyone a game (and ensure the win). I hope he then rests the starts in the season opener against Columbus so as to be ready with the full squad for the next CCL game.

4. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  5. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And we're through. Up next, Tigres UANL.

6. TreySongz

TreySongz Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Detroit
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Getting frustrating constantly seeing Osorio on the starting 11. Yes he has improved considerably since he came from the academy...but the lad is not good footballer. Poor poor first touch, poor positioning and too many f-ing back passes and kills build up play.

I don' understand why Vanney rates him. The 442 diamond does not fit osorio style of play as well.
    I really hope aketxe take his spot.

7. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I thought it was kinda poor game on our end, created a few good chances but it seem the Rapids controlled a lot of the play. We seem content in sitting back and trying to hit them on the counter. Seba was best player who looked a threat while Vazquez and Osorio had odd moment but in the end all the matters is we are through to the next round.

8. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Somebody said to me that TFC played like Arsenal last night and I'd have to agree.

It looked like we were so sure that Colorado couldn't beat us, so much so that we tried to walk the ball into the net. It wasn't good enough for our guys to simply score...it had to be as a result of some crisp passing which was always going to be tough on that pitch yesterday.

If we had played a more pragmatic style, I think we'd have at least scored one goal.

9. DavemTFC

DavemTFC Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We seemed surprised at Colorado actually coming out to play and press and didn't seem up to it until Aketxe came on and played like he wanted a spot in the starting XI, which I'm sure he'll get sooner rather than later.
    Not too concerned since the team didn't really get out of first gear and didn't need to anyway, as long as they step up against Tigres

10. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    TFC was way too sloppy in the first half. I agree that it looked like they just figured they would be able to mail it in for this one. They weren't wrong though.

They gave Colorado way too many chances, but in the end they were still the far better team. Colorado came at them in the first half and definitely tired out by the end of the game, when TFC took control. Colorado was lucky not to get any reds. Badji should have received a second yellow at one point, plus that gridiron-football tackle on Giovinco should have been a straight red.