Match-fixing scandal

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by kevinkim26, May 26, 2011.

1. footballchic

footballchic Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Bruges
    Club:
    CFR 1907 Cluj
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    have you lived in JDW's? but if you say he'd be lonely, then I guess, we'll have to rely on your experience of having 'lived and worked in many other great cities'.

actually i didn't correct your grammar; you tried (in vain) to correct mine, apparently lacking a proper understanding of basic words/phrases such as 'impossible', 'but try', etc.

yes, indeed: nouns are used adjectivally: case in point - 'spelling error'.

by the way, seolseol apparently reads a scandinavian language. do you?

2. footballchic

footballchic Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Bruges
    Club:
    CFR 1907 Cluj
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    was it a failure of acquiring, retaining, or properly analysing knowlege that you claimed that Elmander couldn't possibly earn a salary as high as the Swedish press claimed?

was it a failure of acquiring, retaining, or properly analysing knowlege that you claimed Udinese's budget was equal to that of Wigan?

just rhetorical questions, because the answer is obvious: acquiring.

which leads me to ask why you feel so sure about things which you haven't the faintest notion of.

3. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    He's talking about the Serie A scandal but says a lot of the same things Sky brought up.

4. footballchic

footballchic Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Bruges
    Club:
    CFR 1907 Cluj
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    where are these 911 conspiracies that you imagine i mentioned?

put up or shut up.

5. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Stop trying to make a meal put of something trivial. Here's all I said regarding the matter. [It was an off the cuff analogy. And I immediately addressed my incorrect assumption re: the Udinese/Wigan budget comparison.]

In the end I was correct. Here's a recent article (one of a handful) referring to Elmander's salary at Bolton.

And see my original post regarding the matter, where I provided the sources that I was working with to correctly posit that Elmader's salary was not as high as the Swedish source claimed.

See the above. Crawl back into your hole, lick your wounds and stfu. I've placed you on my ignore list now.

1 person likes this.
  6. footballchic

footballchic Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Bruges
    Club:
    CFR 1907 Cluj
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    you must think the rest of us have extremely short memories.

no you weren't "right". 40-50,000 Pounds is by the English press' own admission, merely an estimate of current wages (probably excluding any incentives), while the figure in the Swedish press is actual first year salary.

and besides, seolseol clearly stated that the figure was the salary paid in the first year, and you accused him of making it up. then you challenged him to prove it, which he subsequently did.

looks like he took you to pre-school. :D

exchange rates fluctuate, Hodori.

looks like seolseol's info might have been a little outdated, but clearly he wasn't "making it up". but what made you think he was?

because you are omniscient as far as salaries go?

still not admitting you were wrong, but still questioning Swedish sources for no apparent reason, even though you challenged him to provide you a link.

but you yourself found the following info:

It turns out that you proved yourself wrong:

in 2009, the lowest rate for the British Pound was 1.3919 American Dollars, while the highest rate was 1.6813 Dolllars, which means:

£4.1 million would have ranged from about $5.7 million to about $6.9 million. This means that not being included among the top 50 wage earners is irrelevant, especially as the mean exchange rate for 2009 for the 50th spot is well over 6 million dollars. also fully half of those top 50 make between £4.1 million and £4.8 million, which would probably suggest that there are more wage earners in the £4 million range. moreover, if one converts 6 million dollars to british pounds using the year's lowest buying rate, even if Elmander had earned only £3.6 million, it could still be said that he earned about 6 million dollars.

which means seolseol was likely right, and you were absolutely wrong in your assessment that seolseol's claims were bullsh*t.

sorry if i missed it, but did you ever admit that you were wrong?

that was not your original post, as you had made several before that regarding Elmander's salary, and attacking seolseol.

:D

7. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    New Yorker in Jeju, South Korea
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can a mod please kick out chic so that we can get back on topic?!?!?! Footballchic, stop writing an entire essay on things that has nothing to do with the thread's main topic. The thread is called "Match-fixing scandal", not "devoting 18 hours of your life to proving how much of a god you are at searching shit up on the web".

8. footballchic

footballchic Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Bruges
    Club:
    CFR 1907 Cluj
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    'it takes two to tango'. if if defending my views is irrelevant, than so is making petty and childish remarks that also have nothing to do with the topic.

9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    STFU you are the village retard and you're too stupid and socially retarded to realize that. Go get a life and stop contaminating these forums with your failure at life BS.

10. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Go defend your conspiracy-loving views somewhere else, unless you can find someone here who enjoys your company. (And no, you don't count as one of those "someone".)

But maybe we're all to blame for feeding the troll and giving it the attention it desperately craves. Maybe getting back to the subject of Korean match-fixing will be a good idea, but something tells me this tumor of a troll is self-sustaining.

11. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Great job by the mod with making sure the discussion stays on topic. Where else would I read about Elmander's salary at Galatasaray in a thread about the K-League's scandal? Cheers.

12. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You can try asking others nicely to stay on topic, and/or notify mods via PM. That'd be the mature thing to do. Ask Lionel or Yimmy to clean this thread up for you.
    Cheers.

13. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Aren't you a mod too?

14. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    see... if the mods ban this clown, he just pops up again as futballchick or feetbowlchuck or however he wants to reincarnate myself. there are no easy solution...

the best that we can do is try to contain him to the nsr section. from time to time we have to go there and feed himsome cookies like so:

"oh really??? obama shot those artillery at yunpyungdo?"
    "i am sorry i was wrong before. you were right that it was george w bush who destroyed the twintowers. please forgive me"
    "i am intrigued at your constructive criticism about our players lack of fitness."
    etc.

on the normal thread we can ignore him, but if that doesnt work him turn the thread into a p0rn thread. he does appear to go away when the thread is about p0rn.

and a final note to mods:

it is perfectly ok to card and ban people without explanation. we all love you anyway. dictatorship is good on the bigsoccer board. especially when dorected against barca fans who laughed out in joy as th rest of us cried. ;)

15. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Guru, unfortunately we mods can sometimes slip and miss posts that have gone overboard. Can't expect us mods to constantly look over the forum 24/7-- you're forgetting we have lives too.
    That aside next time when things get out of hand will you just ask " (thread name) is a mess, will you take a look?" Sarcasm doesn't help, and we'd greatly appreciate it if you'd just ask politely.

I've been over-encumbered with work and have limited access to the www for the moment. Please ask Yim/Leo for the time being. Thanks.

@Bob,
    Unfortunately the card-system does not work that way. :p
    With chic's popularity, might as well create a 'fitness and conspiracy' thread in NSR. All of his/her posts can be moved there-- that way chic & company can freely discuss about fitness issues and conspiracy theories. :confused::rolleyes:
    (There is always the ignore feature.)

16. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You're right. I didn't expect people who volunteered to mod these boards to have lives!

That's fair enough and you know it.

17. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Funny, because this is coming from someone who spends more time on BS than most here. Good day.

18. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ouch, man

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    BTW, do you really say "good day" when you're talking to people in real life?

20. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    hahhaha.... co grtulations footballcjic, you have suceeded in hijacking the thread, you big winna. what were we talking about before? oh yeah, match fixing scandal.

i remember reading years ago that chinese mafia were fixing k3 games, and i thought, who the f@ck watches k3? are people in china so desperate for football they watch k3? it's sad, but it looks like that was just them testing the waters before they splash into the big shows.

didnt cha boom get nailed bythe football authorities for having the "audacity" of accusing match fixong ink league before? man... the man is a lone hero.

now here is a sadder truth to thos whole thing. in ten years we are alll going to forget about this. alll those footballers who offed themselves... we didnt remember you then due to your lack of skills and we wont remember you in the future for your crimes either.

k league attendence is growing... in time, the problem could very well solve itself...

this is just a pile of ddong we step on, on our long way journey to produce a domestic league that can rival the best of europe.

21. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, match-fixing isn't really done for the entertainment aspect. For example, a similar form of match-fixing scandal happened in Italy recently, and more specifically, within the Serie B and C leagues. Fine, I guess people do watch second-tier leagues like Serie B in Europe, but that's besides the point. When bookies, brokers, or mobs match-fix, they do it for the easy cash, they bet against the teams they have paid off to lose and make an easy investment for weeks, or even the entire damn season.

Any match-fixing within K2 or K3 or even K1 would be the same: the criminals involved couldn't care less about the entertainment value of K3 (which is none by the way, until the KFA develops a working promotion/relegation system). They just contact the underpaid rookies to throw the game, and buy sports lotto tickets based on whom they bribed. Kind of like a bucket shop.

Well said!

22. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That was a whole different matter entirely. He was saying that the coaches were deliberately losing certain games on purpose to teams that are led by their close colleagues. No one at the time bothered conducting a conclusive investigation and Cha Sr. was eventually hit with a five-year ban for spewing nonsense.

23. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    i didnt know. thanx for the info. i guess i shouldnt lionize the man so much.

but i cant help it. he is cha boom

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    OK. I do not know how I survived an hour without smashing anything. I cannot believe some lunatic show called [FONT=굴림]tvN <백지연의 끝장토론> had a debate on the topic "should we stop K-league?" [/FONT]
    They had two people (who are not even directly related to K-league nor have that much interest) saying yes and two people (one I dont even know whom and the other person, 김대길 who is the only logical person there; he is a K-league commentator and works for the KFA).
    I could not believe the shit that came out of some of those people and the audience ("so called Kleague fans").

So, while I was angry, I got to see 김현희's column about this shit. He actually hit the spot. I felt so much better reading that .
    So, I was thinking who is this man. I always read his columns. I went to his twitter and in instant I recognised his face. He was on Viva K-league last year!!! A great person he is.
    I have become a great fan of him. People should always read his columns they are so on the spot. Never lets me down.

Anyway, here some examples of the stuff Kim wrote about that lunatic show:

[FONT=굴림]한 패널은 세리에A 유벤투스 승부조작과 K리그 승부조작이 어떻게 다른지도 모르면서 이를 똑같이 취급했다. 구단 수뇌부가 심판까지 매수한 유벤투스의 사례와 선수 몇몇이 승부조작에 가담한 K리그 사례는 분명히 다르다. 김대길 해설위원이 바로잡지 않았다면 시청자들은 K리그 승부조작이 유벤투스의 사례와 똑같다고 알고 넘어갔을 것이다. 기본적인 K리그 이해도 없으면서 K리그의 가장 심각한 문제에 대해, 가장 예민한 리그 중단에 대해 말하는 건 <강심장>에서나 하면 된다. [/FONT]

Love the last sentence.

[FONT=굴림]월드컵 시즌이 찾아와야 “우리 한국 축구가…”라면서 브라운관에 얼굴을 내미는 이들이 무슨 자격으로 K리그 중단을 논의하는 것일까. “시청 앞 응원 문화가 우리의 민족성을 닮았다”는 얼토당토 않는 이야기를 하는 이들이 과연 K리그 전문가일까. 차라리 축구 해설위원이나 현역 K리거, 아니면 하다못해 K리그 구단 클럽하우스에서 밥해주는 아주머니를 모시는 게 나을 뻔했다. 적어도 그들은 K리그가 어떻게 돌아가는지는 안다. 생전 K리그에 관심 없다가 승부조작이 터지자 등장해 해결책이랍시고 리그 중단을 외치는 꼴은 무척 거북하다. [/FONT]

This bit I love because it applies to many people everywhere. Some dont even have any interest in K-league but as soon as Match fixing shit came up, they cae up like they are affected directly and talk like they have the right. (MUCH LIKE WHEN WORLD CUP COMES UP).
    Especially the media these days. MBC especially. They love baseball and are trying everything they can to make this Match-fixing situation as bad as possible and shut down the league.

[FONT=굴림]또한 이 패널은 “K리그가 중단되어도 국가대표 선수들은 계속 훈련할 수 있다고”했다. 이건 K리그의 문제 해결을 위한 발언이 아니다. K리그를 중단해도 대표팀은 유지되니 괜찮다는 발상은 경악스럽다. 결국에는 국가대표팀과 월드컵 성적을 위해 K리그가 존재해야 하는 걸까. K리그가 무슨 대표팀의 좋은 성적을 위해 억지로 끌고 가야하는 존재인가. 그럴 거면 그냥 리그 아예 다 없애고 11명 뽑아서 육성하는 게 편할 것이다. K리그가 활성화되면 자연스레 대표팀 성적도 좋아지는 거지 대표팀 선전을 위해 K리그가 존재한다는 발상은 틀려도 많이 틀렸다. [/FONT]

This was the response to one of the lunatic saying that the National Team will not be effected even if K-league was to shut down. FFS.

[FONT=굴림]성남에서 뛰는 송호영은 트위터에 이런 글을 올렸다. “K리그 중단? 말도 안 된다. 꿈을 위해 여지껏 달려왔다. 우리도 기쁘고 팬들도 기쁘게 꿈을 이뤄 가는데 말도 안 되는 소리 그만하자. 한 땀 한 땀 베어있는 운동장에 오지 않는 사람들이 더욱 더 그런 말 쉽게 한다. 단 한 번이라도 와서 열심히 뛰는 선수를 보고서 이야기하자.” 상주 최효진도 비슷한 의견을 냈다. “우리를 사랑해주는 팬들이 원하는 일이라면 얼마든지 수긍할 수 있다. 하지만 아무 관심 없던 사람들이 우리의 삶에 대해 왈가왈부하는 건 참 역겹다.” 나 역시 동의한다. 이런 식의 저질 토론 프로그램에서 K리그를 걱정하는 척 하며 자극적인 소재들만 내세우는 건 참 역겨운 일이다. [/FONT]

Thats the concluding paragraph. Another well written column by 김현회.

http://news.nate.com/view/20110616n05657?mid=n0000
    http://twitter.com/#!/footballavenue

25. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ^ Didn't know about this until now. Seriously, those f*cking faux-sophisticated twats really need to shut their pie-holes. I'm going to assume these are the same bandwagon pricks who are content with rooting for Korean soccer once every four years.