Match Discussions: Pokal and First Half of the Season

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 10, 2015.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are not getting that....:mad:

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We just too tired no players to rotate ... Hope we are not welcoming a nose dive:(

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As you said, injuries and fatigue. Glad we are out of Europe now.

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sick to my stomach they dissected us simply with ease !
    :(

5. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game was over as soon as I saw the lineup. No way can you play Drmic and Stindl together. Remember Dortmund?

They either get real help in January or they had better get great medical reports..........

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They are NOT THAT GREAT to beat us like that ( plus they are still below us rightfully )...and we are not that bad to lose such way...it was just one of those isolated incidents & days ...we have come a long way and am happy with the climb in the table...what we need now is to wrap it up with a Pokal win tomorrow followed by a Home win before xmas ...and all will be good.And hopefully the boys will recover from the injuries after winter pause:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:;);):D:D:):):alien::alien:

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What bothers me the most about Drmic is he seems a bit slow...lazy..uninterested....somehow does not try to physically engage and disrupt the opponents game...not sure its just his style of play...does not have the skills or???...do you guys see the same or its me??
    :thumbsdown:o_O:confused:
    Hahn's injury really left us hanging :speechless:

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He looks completely different from how he played for 1FCN. No more dashing attacking play, just looks lost.

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What can be the problem? Perhaps given up totally on his future with VFL?
    Even so you would think he must try to up his performance so the market and scouts would notice him.... at this rate he is good as invisible :(

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Much needed victory tonight!
    A win in the Pokal will boost our beat and tired squad... would be interesting to also see how Schubert will handle our mini-crisis???
    Victory over SV can pave the way for the last game of the season on home turf and hopefully 3 more vital points.
    :):rolleyes::ROFLMAO::thumbsup::alien:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another second half collapse. And we are running out of players. Janschke hurt his knee vs Leverkusen and is out for months. The break cannot come soon enough.

I count five starters with serious injuries right now: Dominguez, Janschke, Stranzl, Hahn, and Hermann. Plus guys like Johnson who have been injured off and on.

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #340 kgilbert78, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    And I forgot about Schultz too. We're just not that deep. That's 13 goals in the last three games given up. Thirteen. Not to mention 28 over all in the league. That's second most (tied with Hannover) to Stuttgart's 36. The plus is that our 31 goals for is 3 best in the league. I am not sure we can remain in a European spot without some help by getting some new players over the break.

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they just need to stop playing matches for a long time............

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly, as much fun as it was to beat Bayern, it was far more important for this team and its finances to have won *either* of the games vs Man City or Werder. Beating Bayern does not affect the Bundesliga race at all. All it was, was three points.

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The break is certainly a blessing ...but i agree with this rate we can't hunt a Euro spot:(
    I've never seen so many injured starters..it was great while it lasted and i feel for the lads and Schubert.. To pay the price for all these injuries:(
    There is also a big chance of losing more players due to fatigue and overuse if we don't beef up our depth and the current injured players don't make it for the second half of the season!
    I couldn't watch this game but 7 goals would have been nice to watch...was it a thru and thru collapse ????? Or other factors where involved?
    Can we still pick up 3 points at our final fixture and close the curtain for winter on a positive note ?
    Keeping my fingers crossed :)

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was thinking the same thing after the Man City game and before the game today and how financially those where the vital games for this team that we had to win :(
    Not sure how Eberl is going to tackle the monster in front of us?
    :(

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Time for Hrgota to shine and bring his magic :)
    So glad we didn't get rid of him.. He can really be the difference for now till we fuel up :)

21. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can understand some doom and gloom; but there's just 1 match left before the break. Getting to rest, maybe bringing in a reinforcement or two, and hopefully a player or two returning from injury; while make maintaining a CL spot over the back half of the season a completely feasible target.

22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll see. My concern is that the weaknesses at the back never actually went away and popped up again in the last couple of weeks. Some of that is exhaustion, sure. But some might not be. This may be a team closer to the middle of the pack (which is much better than fighting relegation, of course). Some of the injuries we had were quite serious and I am not sure those players will be at all effective until next season. And of course, there's always the chance we lose a player during the break.

Like I said, had we gotten into the EL or the next Cup round, I would have been satisfied, as both bring a lot of Euros into the treasury. Beating Bayern was fun, but almost meaningless to the goals of this team.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well since am in the business of patching up ppl one thing is certain
    ..the guys that are injured at the moment are not really something you can count on right away after they get the green light and bill of. Health.. Even the best of them are good for short intervals and minutes.
    We missed Europe by a narrow slim margin and at this point this team needs more euros than anything else:(
    Even the Pokal would have poured in some nice cash!
    Am glad the youngsters are getting involved maybe by some miracle they can mature up fast and carry the load till the end...am not sure about a CL slot but with some luck perhaps we can get into EL.
    Some fans are already talking about Schuberts track record in the past and how it's happening again here at Gladbach.
    I don't like to give in to that thought ... At least not yet ;):whistling::thumbsup::D:devilish::alien:

24. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The question of you defensive frailty lies primarily on fitness of Dominguez to my eye. Without Alvaro that vulnerability is going to be there, despite the children stepping in admirably, but even in that case it was a weakness that you could work around to get great results in the league. Nevermind what happens if Alvaro were to return and galvanize the backline again. In the final weeks the D has been getting exposed, but it wasn't until they started gassing early that the defensive concerns actually started coming back to bite you. Which is why i'm willing to put a lot of that on the exhaustion...though I certainly understand being more cynical on this than I am after the results over the past week and a half & the one on the weekend in particular.

As for your final point, I simply do not agree with your premise at all. I can understand fans who argue for the "get the most out of your season whenever you can" over focusing on the long term best interests of the club; but qualifying for next season's CL brings in so much more money than both the EL and Cup, not to mention exposure/prestige, that I just can not agree with you here. Every 3er you can get is crucial towards potentially securing a top 3 spot and the guarantee of those CL funds that would be so much more important for the club's future. With how wide open things are behind the top 2 and how flawed each team in the mix is, I'm actually glad you only have one competition to focus on for the rest of this injury plagued campaign; and can save your energy as much as possible for the league.

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No rumours yet regarding new signings..but now that we have to only focus on the league all we need is some D stability and player rotation.
    I hope Eberl can pull something out of his sleeve and beef up the squad...but we all know new player integration in a squad is always a slippery slope and not a clear and guaranteed answer!
    Let's focus on the final home game and win all 3 points and keep up with the pack... Right now that's what's on my mind:)
    But the winter break could have not happened at a better time for us:)