PBP: Match Day Thread USA Panama, Orlando World Cup Qualifier

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by deuteronomy, Oct 6, 2017.

1. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    I'm done arguing . Bruce's initial comments told me how he really feels. The rest is fluff and I'm over hearing excuses and justifications for his nonsense. This isn't about me and my feelings guys so lets stop dragging the thread. I have strong acrimonious feelings I was willing to put aside but his roster selections and clear omissions make me see his choices in the worst light. I'll support the team. Bruce can take a long swim.

2. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Now you're just blatantly lying. That's ALL this is about.

russ, deuteronomy, TOAzer and 2 others repped this.
  3. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Not sure what all this has to do with PBP, but I do think you are wrong about Bruce and your willingness "to put aside" his comments about dual nationals. You might even be a bit "precious" about it.

Fabian is in poor form, Brooks hurt, Morales hasn't really ever been rated, and Chandler has not shown well for the US in quite some time. The only maybe guy was McKinnie and that is pretty easy to explain without attaching sinister xenophobic reasons to it.

russ and jackiesdad repped this.
  4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ooh. Ooh! Can I, Mr. Kotter? Can I?... "mass" "ethnic" "in a society..."

Bruce's quote YOU used as evidence was not "players born in Germany" it was "not born in America." In general, when you introduce evidence into a discussion it should, you know, support your argument. So when others introduce facts that show the evidence you introduced is, perhaps, not all it's cracked up to be in your mind's eye, then you, you know, are supposed to refute that disconnect with something like actual facts (or, on BS, strawmen, personal attacks disguised as attacks on intelligence of argument etc.)

So... and I'll type slowly... if Bruce said "players not born in America" and we point out he actually added some players "not born in America" then, it kind of makes that bit of evidence a less mated Czech.

Now, the fact I'm defending the Gargoyle at all on this kind of PR stuff - where I think he's easily as bad a Klinsi in his own El Bruce way - does make me laugh. But that's what BS is for!

russ and TOAzer repped this.
  5. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Next time some idiot will call it genocide.

russ and TOAzer repped this.
  6. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mein Gott, Beerslinger has an epiphany......?............;)

russ repped this.
  7. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    I accept the differences of opinion on Bruce and his choices and am moving on. Accepting bigotry is as american as apple pie so it's not shocking you guys would be accepting of it as well. Saddening but not shocking.

[​IMG]I am saddened with myself for accepting it too but sometimes you have to go along to get along.

8. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Your use of that photo is so appropriate.

russ repped this.
  9. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, mein freund, a fascinating argument you are setting out. I did come willingly to BS, so I suppose there is no reasonable basis to beef about it if BS is what you offer.

russ repped this.
  10. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I considered reporting the post for trolling especially given the relatively cordial discussion we'd been having in the NT flag thread,but rather than report,I'll retort.

Did you for reals compare BA to Cheeto Benito?I mean,I called him Il Bruce back in the day,but that was a joke.Your level of vitriol leads me to think this is a literal comparison you're doing here.

S.M.F.H.

11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    While I don't agree with the 'Slinger, some of the old declarations by Bruce do sound a bit chauvinistic to my ears, TBH. I just hope he's tried to make clear to the duals that he's fine with them, except they must prove it on the field.

12. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the guy who put David Wagner and Michael Mason on our team and started David Regis on Euro based friendlies landing to WC 2002.
    He's not opposed to Euro born players.

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Meh. Context and what sort of "progress" Arena was referring to are being ignored.

freisland repped this.
  14. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Context?You talking bout context?We talkin about context,man,not the thread,not the thread....I'm out there posting on the thread man,the thread,and we talkin about context?I mean,when it's time for the thread,I'm ready,but we talkin bout context!?

chad, dlokteff and TOAzer repped this.
  15. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posted this elsewhere. Figured I’d share it with you:

MPNumber9, Zinkoff, Suyuntuy and 3 others repped this.
  16. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #942 G Enriquez, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Late to the party here but I loved this match. We needed Pulisic, Altidore, and Wood to play well and all three came to play with passion.

The other take away I have from this game is Orlando.-
    This City must be a venue from now on in Every Hex.

deuteronomy repped this.
  19. AmericanPigDog

AmericanPigDog Red Card

Nope
    United States
    Oct 10, 2017
    You really think bigotry had anything to do with Arena's decisions? I understand we're all pissed off right now but that's a big step to accuse someone of that. Arena has gotten a long fine with plenty of players of different ethnicities throughout his career.

The X Factor repped this.