Match Day Thread: Japan vs Iraq [World Cup qualifier] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Sep 10, 2016.

1. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    No major injuries? he missed 2 months last season!!!

2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Shnaishel officially excluded Ali Abbas and Yaser Kasim from the NT.

Called up players: Fahad Talib, Ali Abdul Hassan, Mustafa Nadhim, Walid Salem, Bashar Rasan, Amjad Attwan, Marwan Hussein, Hammadi Ahmed and Miran Khesro

Iraqilambo repped this.
  3. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Groin sprain. One injury like that does not turn a good player into an exceedingly average one.

He had 1-2 great seasons for swindon where he also played excellently for Iraq, but now he's very average. Go on the Swindon forums, the fans (who watch him every week) all agree that he's inconsistent, he's a drama queen, and whether he's injured or not, he is always poor for a couple weeks whenever he comes back from national team games.

That's not a problem from injuries, that's mental fragility. His arrogance that makes him think he deserves a place in the premier league is what's holding him back. He couldn't stand to see several of his teammates over the past years jump from Swindon to clubs in the championship.

So on top of his average performances, he comes to Iraq and starts problems with players and coaches. A player like him does not have a place on the national team no matter how talented he is. Yaser should learn from Ahmed Yasin, or Osama Rashid who never start problems, and at the club level have been able to pull themselves out of lower leagues to reach good teams. A couple seasons ago Osama Rashid wasn't even pro, but he worked hard and now he's played in portugal and he's reached a respectable club in a good league. Ahmed Yasin got relegated with Orebro, but he worked hard and earned himself some good moves, now he plays for one of the best teams in Sweden that can potentially get into the Europa League.

Yaser needs a reality check. Nothing is going to be handed to him for free at this level, and he needs to stop using his facebook fanboys to get his way in the national team.

I've criticised Radhi alot, but dropping Yaser is one decision that support 100%.

Suren01 repped this.
  4. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Good to see Bashar and Attwan in the team. Walid Salim is also a good addition who can give us some different options on how the back 4 is set up.

Hopefully Fahad Talib can force Hameed to the bench. I liked him at the U23 Asian Cup, but I haven't followed him since then.

Not sure about Hammadi and Marwan. I don't think they will solve our problems up front.

Disappointed that Osama Rashid didn't get a call. Don't understand why Radhi is ignoring him.

Brwa Nouri submitted his official docs to FIFA so he can play for Iraq. Hopefully that gets done soon. Radhi will call him up as soon as that gets done.

Suren01 repped this.
  5. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    You dont read comments of others do you, this is what I said, the injury excuse is a halftruth, the reason is his form.

6. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Average , average and average . What's up with Osama Rashid? Is he starting trouble just like yaser now? If your going to call up Hammadi might as well call up Younis Mahmood. Radhi is arrogant .

7. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm telling you his form has nothing to do with his injuries. read the whole thing

8. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't get into this whole form thing , If Radhi actually sits down with Yaser and tells him if you perform against the likes of Australia and Japan you will get noticed by bigger clubs I'm sure he will up his game . Our management sucks at managing and controlling , instead of the team helping him they make it worse for him .

9. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's not that easy. He knows what he needs to do to get to a better team, but mentally, he's not able to keep up a consistent level of play. You can't tell him to play better, it has to come from him.

Radhi's job is to worry about the national team. The national team is not a charity; if you are good enough and you know your place in the team, then you get a call. If you are out of form and you have a history of causing problems with other players/coaches, then there's no room for you.

Suren01 repped this.
  10. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Game starting in 2,5 hours

11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Today's lineup:

Hameed - Dhurgham - Ibrahim - Natiq - Walid Salem
    Adnan - Attwan - Saad AA - Yasin
    Mohannad - Alaa Abdul-Zahra

12. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Average but it's the best we are left with since Radhi doesn't want to call up certain players , I knew it would be impossible for him to start Brwa !

13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    He has zero caps. It's unlikely for a player to be thrown in the deep against Japan :unsure:

Hopefully a good game today. We need a result more than ever..

Iraqilambo repped this.
  14. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    NT is based on club form not on how many caps you have

15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Damn what a start

16. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good start! We hit the post

17. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good tactics high pressure, if only we started with this tactic the other games.

18. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not bad start.

Suren01 repped this.
  19. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Still gonna lose 4-0 lol legit tho

20. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Hopefully we can keep this up

21. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We look so much better if we don't park the bus...

22. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Wtf how do you let that in

23. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Amjad just let him run past you.... ffs

24. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member