Match Day Thread: Iraq vs Yemen [Gulf Cup] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    [​IMG][​IMG]

IRAQ vs YEMEN
    29-12-2017
    18:30 local time

Venue:
    Al Kuwait Stadium, Kuwait City

Broadcast:
    Abu Dhabi Sports
    Dubai Sports
    Al Iraqiya Sports
    Al Kass​

2. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Really impressed with the performance against Qatar, especially compared to the Bahrain game which was awful. The team is much better without Alaa Abdul-Zahra stagnating the attack. Humam Tariq actually put in some really dangerous crosses which was good to see and Hussein Ali was as energetic as always, he is a real talent. Two MOTMs in a row for him.

Only problem I have with Ayman and Mohanad is that they need constant supply in order to be effective. They're not able to actually make chances on their own, they need to be given the ball right in front of goal basically. It would be better to have just one of them playing with a more dynamic striker next to them I think. Perhaps like Mohanad Ali although I think it is much too early for him to be in the national team right now.

Basim Qasim has done what Radhi failed to do which is actually implement a style of play into the team. I always wanted to see how he would do as Iraq manager and so far it's been good. Our team has a lot of exciting young players in it and with the right coaching there's huge potential. Let's hope it continues.

We just need a draw in this Yemen game to go through which should (fingers crossed) be a piece of cake. From the semis, anything can happen. I would love to see us win this cup.

Suren01 repped this.
  3. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Does anyone have a stream available?

4. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  5. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Very tidy performance. Good passing and team play. We were in control for 90 minutes. First half was slow, but we picked up in the second half. Ali Husni's goal was lucky but the result was deserved. Hussein Ali is a high quality talent. Big future ahead of him if he continues to work hard.

I think we can win this tournament, especially with the Saudis out now.

Iraqipower repped this.
  6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Makes me so happy to see this team win games. This is basically our Olympic team that went to Rio last year.

New generation incoming :)