Match Day Thread: Iraq vs Japan [World Cup qualifier] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think his game plan of relying on crosses was incorrect and we should have only played with one striker. Having said that there are massive improvements in our build up play compared to Radhi and Mahdi Kamil is a key player in our team.

Overall I'm very happy with our performance today.

Iraqipower, Iraqilambo and Suren01 repped this.
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    It's funny though how Mahdi Kamil always sneaks in and grabs a goal, like against Thailand in the previous round :p

Overall I'm happy that we show progress. Last qualification cycle we barely scored goals against Japan and Australia, this time we tied them twice.

Hopefully the last time we play at neutral venues..

Iraqipower and Jay510 repped this.
  3. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Happy to see this result and Mehdi Kamil scoring. I like him as a player and he is talented.

Only regret for me is that we just did the saudi's a favour.

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  5. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, maybe they can play at home next cycle

Suren01 repped this.
  6. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #31 AIL1998, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Was it the first time you were hoping your team loses? I asked this question because It is first time that I see there are Iranians that are hoping for loss today because of Syria.

Read the comments in the following YouTube video and you see it.

[/QUOTE]

For example, one of Iranians posted the following comment:

"I'm Iranian you might not believe it but I'm gonna cheer for Syria to beat Iran if they would qualify as the second team of the group. I don't care about some stupid records when many people will be happy, Syrians needs it :) Congratulation Syria <3"

Note that there have been rumors about collusion in this game and this was asked from both Iran and Syria coaches in pre-match conference but they both denied it.

7. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If Iraq is out, I always hope for whatever result inconveniences teams like KSA, UAE, Qatar etc.. the most.

As for Syria, I think most people want them to qualify, so I'm not surprised by Iranian fans. I'd probably want the same if my team was in the same situation.

AIL1998 and Iraqipower repped this.