Match Day Thread: Iran vs Iraq [Friendly] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Not really sure what you're on about here. Are you making fun of Iraqis for complaining about referees? If you are, this is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Don't you remember how Iran fans cried like babies for months and months about referee Ben Williams when we knocked you out? :D

You see, this is my point. Iran have a much better league than Iraq. Better players. Better facilities. Better stadiums. Better coaches. We don't deny this.

And yet you still couldn't beat us in the Asian Cup. You still couldn't get to an Asian Cup semi final in the past three editions while we did twice (and we won it one of those years). And despite qualifying to 3 more World Cups than us, you only have 1 more World Cup win than us in your history. So yeah, you've made my point for me bro.

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  2. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iraq is the best team in the world.

+PL+ repped this.
  3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    And yet you couldn't get past us in the Asian Cup and again today :D

4. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You've played in 4 World Cups and yet have never got past the group stages. Look at the other 'big 4' teams, they've all reached the knockout stages at the very least and are pushing to get further, whereas you're happy just to qualify and win 0 games? You only have 1 more World Cup win in your history than us, so why should we be bothered about you? Japan, Australia and South Korea have the right to talk to us about the World Cup, but Iran hasn't achieved anything on the world stage to be proud about.

5. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Aren't you guys the best team in Asia? We are honored to played and draw with Iraq. After you guys advanced to semi final we celebrated for a week in Iran. :)

William McRashid repped this.
  6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Ladies and gentlemen..

7. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We still have 20 years to pass the group level. We are following Iraqi recipe to reach to final of World Cup. CQ wants to used U-16 players so we can reach final of World Cup just like Iraqi team did it last time.

8. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran won the World Cup 1998 game against USA 2-1. Plus they also drew 3 times. Don't bring falsifications to romanticize your story.

9. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is some footage you will never witness Iraq playing a key role. Maybe from the seats, as spectator.

Persian Empire repped this.
  10. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Well I'm not completely sure what this is..

:sneaky:

11. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yeah... Learn how to read bro. I already mentioned you have won 1 match (only).

12. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Anyways, let them be happy, this is one of their fewer moments of joy during football (5th in Group B) beating Asian's best team so of course they are proud. At the end of the day, Iran is going to the World Cup 2018 and will actually show themselves on high level and trying to push for a R16 place while Iraq is preparing for their next World Cup 2022 Qualification cycle. See you in Russia my Iraqi friends. :thumbsup:

13. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You are wrong we were angry because Ben Williams gave too many yellow cards to Iraqi players. We were just happy to play against Iraq in QF. That was an achievement for our football federation. We saw you always on TV and World Cup. We had no idea we would be playing against Iraqi Maestros one day.

Who said we have better facilities, better leagues, players or coaches? I already said you are ahead of us. You guys are our role model in football. The method of Oday and Qusay was fundamental lesson in sport. We just need to follow and prepare the facilities in our stadiums. Our demise is because we didn't closely pay attention to the method Iraqi NT uses to develop young players and use them in the field! :)

William McRashid repped this.
  14. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Typical Iran mentality, happy with a defeat. We only lost 1-0 to a better Spain team in the 2009 confederations cup, you don't see us celebrating every day that do you?

15. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Typical Iraqi jealousy towards Iran, trying to take away prestige from teams who do better and deserve praise...I know it's a bitter pill to swallow when Iran does well.

16. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Asia's best team... Haven't got past the World Cup group stage ever (other big 3 have all recently) and haven't got to the Asian Cup semi final for what will be 15 years.

Yeah... I like your ambition bro but time to face the truth.

17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Don't waste your time discussing with those trolls bro. They just can't handle it that they always underestimate us, dreaming about beating us comfortably, and we again teached them a lesson. :giggle:

First their Asian Cup semifinal spot and now their winstreak. What next?

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  18. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Elimination for Iraq during the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers is probably what's next...can't wait for that day.

19. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #44 +PL+, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    We already said we love watching Iraq in final all the times. It is not fair even compare your mighty team with Iran. We are just trying to imitate Iraq's success in Asian level. World cup is a dream in far future for us. Our captain Neshat Ali Daei once said WC is just a dream for us and he was right.:(
    Kia mesle inke nemigiri. Aragh behtarin teame Asia va jozve 5 team e matrahe jahan hast. Ma ke hala hala beheshon nemiresim. chera bahs mikoni baradar!?

At Iraqi users:
    Dude this was just banter. We were bored and saw your enthusiasm for this match and came here to have a little fun. You should have read the first sentence I mentioned in my first post in this thread more carefully. Anyway, good luck and no hard feeling.;):D You guys takes things very seriously.

KiarashM repped this.
  20. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yeah there's nothing left to discuss. When you get the other guy just replying with sarcastic comments and not addressing the issue, you know you've won the argument.

These Iranian fans are obsessed with Iraq... Can't believe they're still bitter after more than 2 years.

Suren01 repped this.
  21. Spinoza99

Spinoza99 Member

Mar 31, 2006
    London, UK
    #46 Spinoza99, Mar 18, 2017
    Guys - Iranian here. I come in peace thanks to Suren01 for information about game play.

This has spiraled out of control. We should always be respectful of each other, no need to go off the cuffs. There is no doubt Iran is the more successful of the two teams, historically and recently. And there is no doubt that Iraq gives Iran always gives a good game and if they are given a fair shot i.e. play at home, continuity in coach etc. they can perhaps become a spoiler team or more. Out of the Arab teams, Iraq rarely grass rolls - and I know it's always passionate games between us but I appreciate that about them. Like us also, Iraqi is multi-ethnic.

But on footballing fronts: This is a PREP game for both teams in crucial part of the WCQ campaign. Both teams needed this as I'm sure Iraq, like us, deals with an incompetent FA. Iran has had so many cancellations I would have been happy to play Afghanistan. Both teams needed this game to try out their legs and test tactics. Most Iranians are very happy with CQ and his ability to adjust, don't know how Iraqis feel about their coach. Regardless, this brings cohesion into the ranks.

On the reality front, Iran and Iraq are both engaged with ISIS/Saudi in Iraq, Syria etc. in an important battle that will decided the fate of the Middle East in recent years. There was actually a well known Iraqi militia leader, who went on TV and said that if it wasn't for Iran, ISIS might be in Baghdad! So let's not miss the point. It's important we keep perspective when we use a football game to tear into each other. The real world works differently and same-interested people help each other out.

Let not a FRIENDLY game bring so much division. In real life, I've seen tons of Iranians and Iraqis as friends. I know banter is fine, but let it be good-natured and not get out of hand. Unfortunately, what people experience online they take if offline as well. It sometimes feels like 1980-1988 again :S.

Plus, always remember, Saudi Arabia is the real enemy of both of our teams and country :D j/ks. There are haters on both sides, save yourself the torment and pain and not become one of them. You're only hurting yourself

Have a good Saturday, y'all.

22. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You prefer to be a passenger at the world cup than actually winning trophies. Everyone who faces Iran at the world cup just sees an easy 3 points.

Imagine thinking your team is top 4 in asia when you can't even reach the semi finals of the asian cup.

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  23. Spinoza99

Spinoza99 Member

Mar 31, 2006
    London, UK
    #48 Spinoza99, Mar 18, 2017
    Yes, we haven't had had much success in the World Cup but we tied a tough Nigerian team and almost drew the World Cup finalists. We hope this time it's different and we can get to the second round. We ran out of gas vs. Bosnia.

With the trolling aspect: can't the same thing be said that Asian teams see Iraq as an easy 3 points in their World Cup Qualifiers? Which is much more insulting than facing the best teams and players in the World instead of losing to teams in the weakest continental confederation. Really, on the footballing front, there really is no parity between the arguments.

KiarashM repped this.
  24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    For your information: Iraq didn't start this. It started when Iranian fans disrespected Iraq and insulted us with the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen (even mixing politics into this).

Maybe your fans should learn to behave and respect us. What we're doing is responding on those comments, nothing else.

25. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #50 +PL+, Mar 18, 2017
    It is funny but losing to Iraq is usually good luck charm for Iran, being an official match or a meaningless friendly doesn't matter. Whenever we win the match against Iraq we end up with bad result.

1996 AC: Iran lost to Iraq 1-2 and then we went out of our way smashing Thailand 3-1, Saudi Arabia (the eventual champion) 3-0 and South Korea 6-2. Only lost Semi on PK to Saudi Arabia and won the third place match over Kuwait.

2000 AC: Iran won Iraq 1-0 and advanced to QF as first team of the group but we lost to a weaker S.Korea 2-1 in extra minutes while being 1-0 ahead up to 90 min. That match Iran concede one of the weariest goal ever.

2002 WCQs: We won Iraq 2-1 in Baghdad and Tehran and we couldn't even advance to WC 2002 despite being at top of our group at first round.

2007 AC: Iran won Iraq 2-1 in WAFF competition and less than a month later we were eliminated by S.Korea on PK in AC 2007.

2010 WAFF competition: We won Iraq 2-1 and then lost to Jordan in final.

2011 AC: Iran won Iraq 2-1 and advanced to QF as first team of the group but we lost to S.Korea 1-0 in extra time.

2015 AC: Iran won Iraq 1-0 in friendly and despite advancing as group leader we bumped to Iraq and lost on penalties one man down. But the great thing we went on 2 years strike not losing to any Asian teams. We only lost to Sweden 3-1 in these period.

2017 WCQs: We lost in a friendly match to Iraq 0-1, I assume it should be a good luck charm for us and we win our upcoming matches!:D