Match Day Thread: Australia vs Iraq [World Cup qualifier] [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Aug 19, 2016.

1. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Cannot blieve some comments here, expecting Iraq to win this when they struggled against Thailand and Vietnam. Barely getting a goal against the Vietnamese and now people expecting them to somehow challebnge in a more difficult group!!!

Suren01 repped this.
  2. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Don't know where to start here. A massacre!!

3. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Iraqi football is the #1 cause for stress

Kurdii110 repped this.
  4. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think this is what 99% of people were expecting , maybe Ali abbass or Ali Adnan on the wing but that would of been it .

Iraqipower repped this.
  5. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    I think its also honestly time to start playing one of our fullbacks. Adnan and dhurgham playing on the same side doesnt work out at all.

Suren01 repped this.
  6. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dhurgham always better than Ali Adnan , the guy is slow and loses the play nearly every time dunno how he's playing in Italy .

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I hope you guys calmed down because in 6 days we have the Saudi Arabia match. Let's focus on it now. It's not the end of the world to lose against the Asian champions away.

8. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  9. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Is that what they said when they beat Iraq after 2007?

Iraqilambo repped this.
  10. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Lol

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

11. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Exactly what I'm saying. Give the man a break he went in for a draw but it wasn't achieved. Stop jumping on the bandwagon and let's focus on Saudi.

Suren01 repped this.
  12. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Anyone link for Saudi game

13. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Matches are being streamed by the AFC

14. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    And they scored

15. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He didn't just fail, it was a catastrophe and it was all down to his nonsensical decisions.

16. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    catrastrophe is a big word, they didnt play well in the second half and even Radhi came out after the game and said that they played well in the first half but the second half performance let them down. Cannot all be blamed on the coach some players did not do their job in midfield, the first 15 minutes they pressured and then in the 2nd half it dropped

Suren01 repped this.
  17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You're just overreacting like always.

The coach had a plan and it worked out well for the first half. Second half we lost focus and the players began to make mistakes. It happens, especially against top teams.

He made some bad decisions though, I agree with that. But it's still too early to say that he failed and should be sacked etc etc. Only short sighted fools say such things.

18. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If hes going for the draw wouldnt of made sense to play Kasim to defend and hold the ball in the midfield and Mohannad to handle the high balls vs the Australians ?

Suren01 repped this.
  19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Agreed. I didn't like the approach from this game. He basically just gambled with some big names in different positions.

But I think it's ridiculous to call for changing the coach. This was his first competitive game!! Let the man do his job properly and judge later.

20. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    He won't get the time, he'll get the sack in the few months and then we start again and Iraq federation make changes and appoint a new coach as if it was the answer to everything. The league is weak and most of the players are not up to a good standard that is not the coach's fault. The team would do better if they sacked the federation

21. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Am I really overreacting?

They hit the post twice and missed several big chances. On another day it could have easily been 4 or 5-0 and it's mainly down to Radhi's choices.

22. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even a blind man would know that the formation and players we started with was completely wrong , If we picked a reasonably line up we would of done better am sure .

23. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Would it change the outcome of the game? I don't think so. Australia was better in every aspect. We were lucky not to concede more goals. Let's be fair here.

This game was the toughest on paper. Away to the Asian champions.

24. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are over rating Australia tbh they are not that much better than us . The tactics we played vs Brazil and south Africa were really good .

Iraqilambo and Kurdii110 repped this.
  25. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    again Oympic is U23 not senior international football there is a big difference. "over rating Australia" -they are the Asian champions!