PBP: Match #48, FIFA 2018 World Cup: Group H - Colombia vs. Senegal - 6/28/18

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Furnaccio, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #276 Furnaccio, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Ha - you make me laugh, I appreciate that very much. I can see Pekerman be like el mettle mettle from Blood in Blood Out.

Surprisingly Davinson has been quite shaky these games. He owes the VAR refs a nice dinner, flowers or some bottles of Russsian Standard vodka. (I guess that was FIFA payback from 2014 “no era penal”)

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you forgot Russia's finest product:

[​IMG]

JudeCaso10, villus, jay luis and 3 others repped this.
  3. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's how you break a water fast; yourgut without chunks gives your stomach the stuff that it needs that it loses when you stop eating for a while. Very vital to prevent weight gain and internal issues.

4. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You guys obviously don't know how to break a water fast....if I ate heavy stuff, it will cause serious issues inside of me and it would immediately hold onto everything given by its recent lack of consistent food.

You have to ease back into eating that type of stuff by eating very light...seriously, something like a Bandega Paisa with ALL THE WORKS would likely send me to the hopstial and/or cause issues with my insides.

I can't eat anything heavy like that until tomorrow night or the weekend where my body is finally eased back into it.

JudeCaso10 and Azucarero repped this.
  5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Somebody find the meme of Morpheus saying 'HE IS THE ONE'

dapip and Froboy69 repped this.
  6. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Watching the Belgium England game I don’t really wanna face Belgium but to be honest England is soooo damn fast that we will need to be very concentrated the whole game with their counterattack.

Anyway, England seems to offer more spaces in the backline and kind of let the other team play so that would suit our style and could make the difference for us.

dapip repped this.
  7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    A lot of these guys won't be playing, but I noticed the same from their other matches.

The amount of balls we gave away today just because the Senegalese were so quick to get into defensive positions and press was frustrating.

krass repped this.
  8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    4 more games

2 :)

At this point the real games begin

Easier road to the final but still a hard road

England then Swiss, then Croatia.... then Uruguay

First star on our uniform :) going to buy like 15 versions of everything we sell with a World Cup star on it

CalamityX18 repped this.
  9. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Any word on James? The fact that he couldnt finish the game is worrying. While we can win without him its going to be difficult, more difficult than today. Anyone ever had a calf strain before? One of the few injuries ive never had

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i've had a calf strain before but not that serious that would last more than a couple of days. i think we'll have to wait until Sunday/Monday to really know for sure and even then, i doubt Pekerman won't reveal his cards

11. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    True Pekerman low-key fooling people. Thats good news if its not too serious and can recover in time

12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Whew we didn't have a great game but Mina and Quintero saved us. Mina on the field plus Quintero's delivery on set pieces is a ********ing potent weapon.

-Barrios should start next game, he is much, much better picking up the ball from CB's and starting attacks and finding players, its not that Sanchez is terrible its just that he's a destroyer and Barrios is much better when we have the ball

-Cuadrado gave up the ball in a lot of dangerous positions where he just puts his head down and trys to draw a foul with really obvious dives, referee's are hip to his game and don't give him calls

-Mina started very shaky, he made a mistake on the Sanchez non penalty call jumping in poorly against Mane who easily turned him to create a great chance. Mina does tend to jump in early at times when he should be holding his man and non taking a risk to win it right away, showing his age there. Other then that he was pretty good, missed some easy passes but on set pieces he's probably the best in the world.

-Uribe didn't get on the ball much but was good defensively and positionally when we needed him

-we really were not comfortable and lazy in posession in the first half against a very good counter attacking side, we'll have to be smarter against England who are very good counter attacking

-Quinterito is our saviour, Falcao really was isolated and couldn't do anything against 2 very good CB's

-Muriel was decent and looked dangerous but didn't get involved in the game a ton

-we got through by grinding it out, we have a great chance to go deep in this thing if we can study and figure out England. England are playing a unique style getting a ton of runners from midfield and playing their CB's as playmakers, the CB's are actually really good at this but if we figure out how to stop it and press up on the CB's we can do well against them, make their midfielders hold the ball and we'll get daylight and then if they break the press we sit deep and make them break us down.

-We need to pray James is ok, just Quintero is going to be really tough we'll have to play Muriel and Cuadrado and Cuadrado trying to play make and come inside is bad news, better when he's playing wide and high like vs Poland.

13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But I’m far from a world class fútbol star. So who knows how serious this is. He did play a full 90 against Poland, so we shall see!

Cryogenic chamber please!!!!

colombianballa91 repped this.
  14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was walking fine on the sudelines. I think he'll be ok

Azucarero and Froboy69 repped this.
  15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He's had an on going calve problem all season and its caused him to miss weeks at a time, I'm not optimistic :(

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I prefer to see Izzy at LM/W then Muriel to be honest. If Muriel starts again and we don’t have James prefer we do a 4-2-2-2

With Muriel at CF and Quintero at LM

If we want the same formation then Barrios for Sanchez. Izzy for James (if injured... or recovering maybe play 2nd half)

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    No Izzy he doesn't get involved in play at all and is too one dimensional. Muriel at least can dribble and is much better at coming inside and combining, which without James we need more of.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Muriel is better.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I will say Muriel nor Izzy have impressed me with the minutes given so far.

As for this match, I think our boys were exhausted. There were so many passes erred not because of pressure but because of concentration. Like bad passes all the time. I like Carlitos but he looked quite slow today compared to the space that Barrios fills.

20. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    [​IMG]

21. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    senzu beans!!!!

crzdcolombian repped this.
  22. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    I hope to catch a replay at somepoint tonight.. watching at work vs watching at home totally different perspective

23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I wasn't surprised we weren't sharp after the Poland game we expended so much emotional and physical energy that its really difficult to recover in such a short time frame. Hopefully we'll be sharper for the England game.

24. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope so, but walking and going 100% are completely different

25. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do you have the fox sports go app?
    They have all the replays.

CalamityX18, kromekote and dapip repped this.