PBP: Match #48, FIFA 2018 World Cup: Group H - Colombia vs. Senegal - 6/28/18

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Furnaccio, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So many scenarios can happen before we get to this game:

1. We could have 6 points and similar to the Japan game in 2014, we are in a position to rest our key players
    2. We could be already eliminated and are playing for pride, or whatever is left of it.
    3. We are still fighting for a spot to advance so this game means everything!

**Key player to watch out - Sadio Mane - who did everything humanly possible to keep Liverpool alive in the Champions League final will be playing with a chip on his shoulder; their midfield is comprised of several EPL players so our players need to be ready for a mixture of pace/physicality

***The "Falcao rule" will be in effect so Poland-Japan will be on at 10 AM EST as well to avoid any funny business ;)

[​IMG]

Thursday, June 28
    10:00 AM EST
    Colombia vs. Senegal
    VENUE: Cosmos Arena, Samara

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/2653399/senegal-vs-colombia/

Live Stream Options:
    Fubo TV
    Sling TV
    Fox Sports GO
    Telemundo Deportes

TV Schedule
    Fox Network
    Fox Sports 1 USA

Radio/Audio Stream
    Futbol de Primera Radio

Last 5 Games (Pre World Cup)
    Colombia: D-D-W-W-L (Egypt-Australia-France-China-South Korea)
    Senegal: L-D-D-W-W (Croatia-Luxembourg-Bosnia-South Africa-South Africa)

Head-to-Head
    1 Game: May 31, 2014
    2-2 Draw

2. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    PEKERMAN

DON'T
    MAKE
    ONE
    DAMN
    CHANGE
    YOU ************************

CalamityX18, Froboy69 and villus repped this.
  3. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Equipo que gana no cambia

The only change I might consider would be for Quintero...he's been playing to exhaustion and we're going to need the little b@$t@rd at full stamina in the next round (if we make it)...

But nah, James-Quintero-Cuadrado and Arias were linking better than any of them have for Colombia in months. We need to go full force against Senegal

4. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm guessing C.Sanchez starts again against Senegal. I wouldn't doubt it.

5. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Que partidazo de Barrios... no se si empiece o no contra Senegal pero se comió la cancha

Bomb8 and Azucarero repped this.
  6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Stick with Barrios. He was an absolute monster today. I kept thinking he was gonna f up the dozens of times Poland closed down on him, but he kept managing to weave out of it.

Sanchez is still a boss, but he should come on as a sub next match, if possible, to regain confidence and to give Barrios the credit he deserves.

7. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ******** him. Lerma and Barrios are doing fine so far. To me the key is keeping Uribe in the lineup. He changed the Game in my opinion.

Furnaccio, Bomb8, krass and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'd like to hear one good argument why Sanchez should start. Sanchez is great but he could be under oressure because of what happened to him. Besides, Barrios couldn't have played better. I'd keep this team.

krass repped this.
  9. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wouldn't touch a thing and hope we can get back to a situation where the xi dictates itself with it's play!

Mina, Uribe, Barrios all showed so much today and can be part of the vertebrae going forward. I'd seen it before from Mina and Uribe but today was the first time I saw Barrios show full potential start to finish, I hope Pekerman nourishes that.

CalamityX18 repped this.
  10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guys Senegal only need a draw and they're in; they're not going to be looking for a reason to play the same way that Poland did unless they want to assure a certain place in the group. Frankly, if they and Japan draw they both advance but they know that they can't risk that now can they? If we draw with them, and Japan loses by even one goal, we and Senegal advance.

11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Barrios is so much better when we have the ball, he's much better on the ball under pressure then Sanchez is. Sanchez isn't bad, but Barrios can withstand pressure and pass out better, that is a big weapon when teams come forward it opens up a lot of space further up the field whereas Sanchez isn't able to play with defenders closing him down as well. Barrios/Uribe is our best option gives us better options on the ball and both are strong defensively, no idea why it wasn't tried until forced with the Abel injury and Sanchez red card, it seems that Pekerman is backing into the best lineups because of outside factors atm.

Azucarero and krass repped this.
  12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Travelling this week on vacation (supposed to be in airplane mode right now). Hope all enjoy the win and run up to Senegal!

Celebrate y'all.

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Ha, he's wearing his own jersey. XDD What good luck!

krass repped this.
  14. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    The argument for putting on Roca Sanchez would be that he is strong and physical and Senegal is a very strong and physical team.

Barrios is shorter and weaker and against the big Africans that could be dangerous.

I'm trying to think who we could put on who is strong and physical against them. We don't have players in that profile outside our CBs anymore.

We used to have Armero, Zúñiga, Aguilar, Guarin and Jackson but we don't now.

This is why we should have taken Duván.

I can see Senegal abusing James, Quintero, and Cuadrado all match because they are all weaker physically.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ...... what happened to Abel? Are we safe? From him starting?

Is Pekerman just waiting to use Muriel and Borja for the 2nd round...... what did he doe either of the 2 games he came in?

Mina ..... I love you. If your name wasn't spelled in such a stupid way would name my kid after you.

What is exciting is that James is still not at 100% and hope he is for England or Belgium :)

Insane a Red Card and a injury are what are saving our team from playing shitty players

16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Senegal may counter our lineup that we used against Poland...yes that doesn't mean that they can easily handle us with that XI but how will Pekerman set up the squad on thrusday?

Both ours and Japan vs Poland will occur at the same time.

Senegal won't risk waiting on Japan to draw with Poland if Colombia plans on defeating them and they're both likely aiming for the top spot like us.

17. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    I do like La Roca very much. Like what he brings in to the defense however Barrios has shown great strides in his two opportunities. It was be a slap in the face to quickly denounce him.

I rather Barrios and Uribe start together. Sub Sanchez once things start getting intense. But if I had to have my arm pulled, Barrios and Sanchez then... Uribe should start, I feel he can really take advantage here.

Keep the XI as is, no changes outside of Abel > Uribe/Sanchez

19. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    explaining to the masses, it's almost suicide to play for a tie. we need to play for the win and secure our place outright. Can't depend on Poland to defeat Japan.

Poland doesn't look good and now that they are lost, will they play for pride?

20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well their fans were quite abusive after their loss to us; I am sure that pride is at sake. But yeah we can't risk NOT going for the win. Senegal knows that they need to secure their victory and won't risk just accepting a draw with us; again, place on the table is vital.

21. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    A draw ensures a placement for Senegal but I don't think they'll play for it either.. maybe if they were to get a lead late then they'll limit our chances.

Win and we're in, lets go Colombia!!!!

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Poland didnt even try to come back and win..... I have no idea what they were trying to do....

their Defense is laughable. But Senegal has 4 goals.... 3 of them are complete gifts. We need to win the final game. The 1st game was a wake up call. After 2 games a injury and a red card. We have our strongest 11 starting.

We need for Pekerman to stop fking around and putting Bacca in when he isn't doing anything as a sub. I'd love to see Borja and Izquerido come in the last 20 minutes for Falcao and Quintero. Seems he might be saving Muriel for England.

krass repped this.
  23. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Isn’t it two games for a direct red?

24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Muriel needs playing time...seriously why does he keep using Bacca? That cow won't be able to outrun all those black guys.

CalamityX18 repped this.
  25. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    I think it may have to do with team hierarchy.