Match #21 - Honduras vs Guadeloupe (pbp/discussion) [R]

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by scaryice, Jun 14, 2007.

1. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Haiti were under achievers IMHO in this tournament. Pretty much what Guadeloupe is doing, is what I thought Haiti would do.

Big props to them on this win. They have a great chance against Mexico if Mexico continues to play like they have, and Hugo continues to start the wrong players.

2. Texian Soldier

Texian Soldier New Member

May 3, 2007
    I'm glad these guys can't play for WC qualifying. They would take that 1/2 spot if not the one of the 3 spots to the WC. Congrats to Guadeloupe and good luck to them in the next round.

As far as the Honduras MNT goes, I am completely bent. Ruedas obviously did not do a good enough job in telling these guys that they shouldn't look past the islanders. Hell, I was still looking past them even when they were up 2-0!

I still think Ruedas is the right guy for the job and will get Honduras on track. I just hope the press doesn't turn on him already. People in Honduras were telling that "Nalgaralla" was already calling for Ruedas to be canned. Knowing that schmuck he probably wants to see Chelato Ucles back in charge.

3. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

My friend your a JOKE. Honduras was suprised and beaten in 3 minutes thats all. Please get your head out of your ass, Honduras is def. a more talented team. We simply missed, and thats fine Guadalupe was efective they win and came in to confident and paid for it. Hati will not go anywhere.
    All games are tougher and there are no giants. But Honduras is still better and I'm actually Glad they lost this game, that way they can get brought down from that cloud that they always get to when they are favorites.
    Honduras will be back and some other players could be added to the team, David Suazo (Italy), Maynor Suazo (Turkey), Perry Martinez (china), Elvis Scott (China), Luis Ramirez (China), Ramon Nunez (MLS), Saul Martinez (china), etc........... Many more. So don't get your hopes up too high this team will be much better.

4. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    You can't compare the two teams. Haiti is an up and coming team, Honduras claims to be top 3-4 in the Concacaf but NEVER wins anything. That is what overated means.

5. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Again with the excuses. Every team was missing players get over it!

6. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Haiti did play bad in this tournament you'r right, but look at the teams we were facing. 2 of the 3 are in the semis.... Everyone was laughing at Haiti when they tied Guadeloupe remember? The real group of death was the Haiti group.

7. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    What has Honduras won recently?

8. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Don't worry for me my head is on my shoulder. Losing a game in the first 10 minutes or in the last 3 minutes is the same thing. A lost is a lost.

Guadeloupe will not be there in the WC qualifying games but Haiti will be there and i bet we will cut Honduras as.sss again.

You are not the only one who will have outside players for next year. Haiti will make 5 more european calls to reinforce the team for next year.

By the way where is DCastracho?

Despite having some dumbass fans, Honduras is one of the country that has the nicest style of play in concacaf.

9. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    hahahaah about three of those guys didnt show up u think they care david it come when asked his cuzin maynor didnt show up, perry is being held by the communist , honduras GOT COCKY AND LOST LETS ALL ACCEPT IT!!!!!!!!!

10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    they didnt have enough time ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahaha its a 90 min game how much more did they need to get, u know why honduras failed aafter pavons gol they kept kicking the ball in the air they needed to play it on the ground

11. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    People have a hard time accepting defeat. Remember, winners find ways to win, losers find excuses. When you lose, you lose, thats it thats all. Haiti lost cause they played like shit. Not because they were missing players which they were. Honduras lost because Guadeloupe was the superior team. Thats all.

12. Texian Soldier

Texian Soldier New Member

May 3, 2007
    We just read to many of our own press clippings after beating Mexico and Cuba. Historically, Honduras has not been able to sucessfully deal with success.

In a way it might be for the best when it comes to WC qualifying. This game to serve as a lesson that every game matters no matter who the hell you are facing on the pitch.

13. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Now that's a smart comment. When you lose, you try to learn a lesson from the defeat and then find solutions. Matter of fact, even when you win you should learn a lesson. Excuses won't make you a winner.

14. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I never used any excuse in my comments I was clear, Guadalupe was effective they won, Other players are mentioned for the future process, so it really does seem u need to pull ur head out, please read carefully and try to understand better what is written. The only angry people I see are Haitians, you are trying to bring down a team that will always be more talented then yours. Regardless It's all good that we lost, I don't like it but I think it is better for them, It puts their feet back on ground, and have them start over, better now then in WCQ.
    MMMM and ur asking what has Honduras won, mmmmmmmm:
    3 place COPA AMERICA, Second and third it 2 diffrent Pan American Games and 2 place in Copa Oro, etc..... Before You speak about we have won or not please check what your team has done. mmmmmmm Nothing, Honduras has beat Brasil, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, USA etc.... teams in different ocasions for diffrent tournaments. Their problem has been finishing and letting it get to their head which is their downfall. We need to fix that, but We get there, thats why we are the 3 or 4 team in Concacaf.

De lo que realmente estoy molesto es de estos dizque Hondureños tan negativos y carretas. Cuando el equipo gana llenos de alabanza y idolatria, pero cuando el equipo pierde nada mas que odio, negatividad y celos, por Dios con hermanos como esos quien necesita enemigos. Aqui en USA se llamarian Double Agents and would be shot. En todo caso por favor si sos Hondureño o de familia hondureña y no tienes nada bueno o critico constructivo mejor quedense con jeta callada que son una verguenza y por gente como ustedes es que Hondureños dejan su pais de origen y tienen a los que se quedan comiendo toda la ************ que estos cabrones tiran.

15. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I never used any excuse in my comments I was clear, Guadalupe was effective they won, Other players are mentioned for the future process, so it really does seem u need to pull ur head out, please read carefully and try to understand better what is written. The only angry people I see are Haitians, you are trying to bring down a team that will always be more talented then yours. Regardless It's all good that we lost, I don't like it but I think it is better for them, It puts their feet back on ground, and have them start over, better now then in WCQ.
    MMMM and ur asking what has Honduras won, mmmmmmmm:
    3 place COPA AMERICA, Second and third it 2 diffrent Pan American Games and 2 place in Copa Oro, etc..... Before You speak about we have won or not please check what your team has done. mmmmmmm Nothing, Honduras has beat Brasil, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, USA etc.... teams in different ocasions for diffrent tournaments. Their problem has been finishing and letting it get to their head which is their downfall. We need to fix that, but We get there, thats why we are the 3 or 4 team in Concacaf.

De lo que realmente estoy molesto es de estos dizque Hondureños tan negativos y carretas. Cuando el equipo gana llenos de alabanza y idolatria, pero cuando el equipo pierde nada mas que odio, negatividad y celos, por Dios con hermanos como esos quien necesita enemigos. Aqui en USA se llamarian Double Agents and would be shot. En todo caso por favor si sos Hondureño o de familia hondureña y no tienes nada bueno o critico constructivo mejor quedense con jeta callada que son una verguenza y por gente como ustedes es que Hondureños dejan su pais de origen y tienen a los que se quedan comiendo toda la Mielda que estos cabrones tiran.

16. Gwada United

Gwada United New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Miami
    Guadeloupe becoming a full FIFA member would allow our best player to be able to represent their island without compromise. Think about a team with Thierry Henry, William Galas, Lilian Thuram and many more of our best players (there were at least 6 of them playing for France during World Cup 2006).
    I understand that the root of it is political but too many of our talents are lost for the "greater cause" of representing France.

Anyways, much props to our Team whose performance helped open an interesting debate! I just wish the refs won't be remotely controlled against Mexico and help a team lose in order to avoid a controversy.

17. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    How are the haitians brining down your team. Saying the truth is bringing you down? I was the 1st one to say that Haiti played like shit. All I said is that Honduras never won anything and are a little overated. I do enjoy their style of play but they have a long way to go before they become a serious threat. You know, every discussion doesn't have to turn into a ''my team is better than yours'' one. If I would have said that Honduras sucks ha ha ha they can't score bla bla bla, I would understand you'r being mad but not aftet saying that they are overated. Your own fans are saying that you are underachievers. You have to learn to be able to take critics from outside just as well as critics from inside.

18. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    U guys could be come a potential power house, but I just don't see Concacaf accepting it, to start as soon as you play for 1 national Team you cannot play for another. So if you consider this Angloma should never played this game if they wanted to be taken serious and Guadalupe was a member of FIFA all games he played in would been protested and forfeited. I think you guys need your independence which economically I don't see it as the smart thing to do.

Enjoy this ride, they have done great and I really hope they beat Mexico, Mexico does not deserve to be at this stage. Lets hope the refs don't mess with the game.

19. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    My friend I'm not angry with you, I just don't think they are over rated, yet until mental attributes don't match there physical and technical attributes we will always look great but mess it up close to the end. That was my point. We are always their fighting it but we fall on our face cause of our own fault. If you see all the tournaments they have participated in they have mostly done good but never have been able for that last push thats why I put em 3 or 4th.
    My anger was directed to those hondurans that were bringing them down, and thats why I wrote the rest of the comments in spanish directed to those bastards. If you can read spanish please read it you will find it ammusing and you might Identify in some way.

20. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Fair enough!

21. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    honduras has been a threat haiti has been to anyone u guys beat us b4 the cup start 3 to 1 but play us with this squad?? and were not a thread??? we got over confident and stupid game play

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    thats not an excuse look at honduras i feared mexico and panama and specially CUBA. and we prevailed. ur mad that HAITI was on a high road b4 this cup and u guys crashed!!

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    hahahahahah haiti beat us 3 to 1 b4 this cup and u guys are bad ass ....NOT

24. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004