Mastroeni really showed me something

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Badattitude, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Prior to his undeserved Red - he totally and completely bagged Totti - he was physical and in his face , Totti's whole day was ruined because of that and was removed for Gattusso.
    Reyna on the otherhand continues top be a bag of nothing who can't hit the target. Miss after miss - that's all we get from him.
    How the hell he plays for Man City is unreal.

2. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    i liked mastro's curling shot toward the upper 90, had buffon beat, would have changed the game dramatically

on reyna, totally agree, he needs some serious work

3. vanGobbel redded

vanGobbel redded Red Card

Jun 17, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Is this the guy who nearly ended Pirlo's career?

4. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    i've seen yellows given for worse

5. st5801

st5801 Member

May 29, 2006
    Haha, wow. Give it a rest or take it to the other thread.

6. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Stick your sobbing back in your Euromanpurse.......

7. VBSoccerFan

VBSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    LOL. Yeah, his career was so nearly ended that it was a whole 30 seconds before he was able to jump off the stretcher and run back onto the field.

And to the OP: Reyna played a very good game yesterday. He can't shoot to save his life, but his work in the midfield was excellent. He ran harder than I've seen him run in a long time. He really put in the effort. Kudos to a player I've criticized heavily.

8. blacksun

blacksun Member+

Mar 30, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where the heck did that shot come from? I had no clue he could uncork one like that. Shame he wasted the effort with the stupid challenge (even though it didn't deserve a red).

9. VBSoccerFan

VBSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Don't forget his first shot. The first one was low, hard and it looked to me like it was headed on-frame. It just got blocked on the way. He cut loose with two very good long-range shots. I also don't know where they came from, but I hope he has some more in there.

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

you can't be serious, reyna was fantastic against italy

FAN. TASTIC.

11. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean how he fanned on a shot and scuffed one wide from well outside of the box in the second half when he could have sent Donovan in unmarked at the penalty spot for an almost sure goal?

Yeah that pissed me off too.

12. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Mastro the American DUNGA.

13. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Fantastic? Come on...thats absurd...if you think Reyna played Fantastically, you dont know good soccer.

14. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    I agree. I trust Reyna with the ball in tight spots..but he doesn't know how to pass the ball in the last 1/3 of the field.

15. DixieDean

DixieDean New Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Actually, I was gonna compare him to, (dare I say?), Edgar Davids. Seriously. He was a bull dog in the mid field for us destroying the Italian attacks and out-letting to our attacking players.

Hey, how about Gooch literally playing Luca Toni off the pitch? It's nice to have a reason to be proud of our team again. :D

16. Georgia Empire

Apr 27, 2006
    well, trying to think optimistic, but this red card might be a blessing. yeah, i know we would rather have all our players, but hopefully now we can get Johnson out there with some flair. Also, we still have 3 guys who can play DM/CM for us in Olsen(if we need that Mastro destroyer presence), O' Brien, and Reyna, and hopefully they'll be up for the challenge against Ghana. Then if we can get in the knockout rounds, we'll have a rested Mastroeni ready to prove something against Brazil, and maybe Reyna could take a breather so Johnson could keep starting if he shows up big against Ghana.

17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No

Oh look, a douchebag with a June 2006 join date!