MASL 18/19 Schedule Features More Games, Fewer Opponents

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by NSL2004, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Nick79

Nick79 Member

May 4, 2015
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    It's understandable, sine they are trying to save on travel costs. Hey, if this can keep the league at a decent number of teams and "national" I don't mind it. I'm a Blast fan and go to 3-4 games per year, so I honestly am OK with whoever the opponent is. It's just entertainment.

SteveCo repped this.
  2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The double whammy is that there are more regular season games and less playoff games. So now you play division teams 6 times instead of 4 and you play less games against unique opponents in the other conference.

3. Nick79

Nick79 Member

May 4, 2015
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    True, I went to three games last year, two regular season and one playoff, ALL against Syracuse, all Blast wins 8-7, 8-7 and 5-4. I had a good time every game, didn't matter. I got sick one day when I was supposed to go to game vs. Florida, LOL

4. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I understand that the scheduling of intra-divisional games cuts down on travel costs, I would rather see games against different teams. I generally don't like to miss games, but if it's an opponent that I've already seen that year, I am more likely to skip a game than if it is an opponent that I haven't seen.

NSL2004 repped this.