Maryland Terrapins 2017

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by xpowerout, Jan 31, 2017.

1. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  2. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comfortable 3-0 win over Northwestern tonight. Goals from Elney, Rozhansky, and Sejdic (PK). Up to UConn on Monday.

TimB4Last repped this.
  3. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cozier 3-2 win at UConn last night. Goals from Williamson, Rozhansky, and Reeves. Back to conference play at Ohio State on Friday.

TimB4Last repped this.
  4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I remember when beating UConn was a big deal.

Now... just a win over the 75th-ranked team in the RPI.

5. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    Right side of a 5-4 this time. Really need to work on set piece defending though, that's been the big (only?) defensive weakness this season and almost cost us again.

That ref was an adventure too...

6. torwart

torwart Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ref was an adventure at BEST-
    inconsistent and emotional. We’ve been shockingly bad at set pieces for some time now. I have watched a LOT of top tier college games lately (Gtown, MD, UNC, Washington, IU, UVA, etc.) and I’m frusturated watching games that swing so heavily on this simple factor. I’d love to see a comparison of restart goals scored from run of play vs restarts from the MLS and compare that with college soccer.

fknbuflobo and TimB4Last repped this.
  7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I can tell you're just the man for the job! ;)

OverseasView and JoeSoccerFan repped this.
  8. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welp, there goes the unbeaten regular season streak. Over at 30 games following a frustrating 1-0 home loss to Georgetown. Bit of bad luck on the Hoya goal in the 88th.

TimB4Last repped this.
  9. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Looked like no legs for the the Terps... Tough rain soaked up and down road game in Madison on Friday could have been a primary cause...

TimB4Last repped this.
  10. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was told decades ago by a since deceased Scottish coach that 1/3 of all goals are scored on restarts. In every league great or small throughout the world. It seems an even higher percentage in America today. More practice time should be devoted to restarts.

TimB4Last repped this.
  11. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So... that wasn't great. Frustrating home loss to Coastal Carolina where the Terps couldn't really generate much in the way of chances. Only silver lining is that both of these losses were non-conference, so Maryland still sits in a position to claim at least a share of the regular season conference title with a win against Michigan next Sunday.

TimB4Last repped this.
  12. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    TimB4Last repped this.
  13. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Guy couldn't hold a three-goal lead against frikkin' Providence.

If he is getting out-coached in the NCAA Tournament, you really think he could handle going against the best coaches in international soccer?

fknbuflobo repped this.
  14. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-0 loss to VCU. First multi-goal loss since 2012. First three-goal loss since 2009. First three-game losing streak since 2004.

Not great.

Home finale on Sunday against Michigan for at least a share of the B1G regular season title.

15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Hey coach, let's worry about beating international powers like Coastal Carolina and VCU and not about the USMNT.

Hubris, much?

Fekula and ThePonchat repped this.
  16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I'm sure the idea is to get losing out of their system before tournament play begins.

17. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    Obviously he shouldn't be a serious candidate, but I do also wonder what the exact question was that he was asked. College level reporters aren't always the most reliable. Even with Sasho's ego, I just can't imagine that he randomly started talking about why he should coach the national team. I'd bet good money he was asked "Would you be interested in the national team job and why?"

Also, maybe we start scoring goals again? Please?

18. theatric7

theatric7 Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Maryland and Notre Dame might seek comfort in each other as both are winless and haven't scored in their last 3 games. It'll be interesting to see if both of these teams can turn things around in their conference tournament.

19. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    I don't know if someone is banging someone's girl or what the hell is going on, but this is ridiculous. At this point I'm ready for the season to be over and a lot of these guys to leave.

20. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    WolverineFutbol repped this.
  22. WolverineFutbol

Aug 1, 2012
    Yes, but thread writes and free speech rights are two sides of different coins.

TimB4Last repped this.
  23. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I was trying to make a joke about Maryland's thread but I couldn't get myself untangled.

OverseasView, bhoys and WolverineFutbol repped this.
  24. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    #124 bhoys, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Along these lines, it wouldn't be right not to write about what has been to date a regular rite of passage for Terps since they joined the B1G -- i.e., Maryland winning the B1G tourney championship every fall and all 3 years since they started conference play -- and thus each year making their way to NCAAs as the B1G's official, automatic representative to the national championship tournament.

WolverineFutbol repped this.
  25. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    The last time that MD lost 4 in a row was in 1993 when they actually lost 6 in a row and if not for a scoreless draw against Loyola, it would have been 8.

O6 at Mt. St. Mary’s W 2-0
    O10 at North Carolina* L 0-1
    O11 CAMPBELL L 3-6
    O17 CLEMSON* L 1-5
    O20 G. WASHINGTON L 0-1
    O22 at Old Dominion L 1-2
    O27 JAMES MADISON L 2-3
    N1 at Loyola T ot 0-0
    N4 vs. Duke L 2-3 ACC Tournament at N. Carolina

OverseasView repped this.