MARCO PAPPA - Chicago Fire - Thread Oficial

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by BallinBear, Oct 4, 2010.

1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    k Golazoooo, GO BIG PAPPA :cool:

2. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    ¡El mejor en la MLS! Lunes, 03 de Octubre de 2011 14:00
    [​IMG]

El guatemalteco Marco Pablo Pappa fue elegido como el mejor jugador de la Semana 29 de la Major League Soccer.

Tras marcar los tres goles que le dieron el triunfo a su equipo de visitante ante Real Salt Lake, Pappa fue premiado como el mejor futbolista de la semana por la Asociación de Reporteros de Norteamérica.

La destaca actuación del volante chapín le sirvió para ser nominado al premio de Latino de la Semana, en la que competirá con los colombianos Juan Pablo Ángel (Chivas USA) y Fredy Montero (Seattle Sounders FC), el hondureño Andy Najar (D.C. United) y el californiano Michael Farfán (Philadelphia Union). .
    http://www.guatefutbol.com/index.php/news/13-featured-news/10447-iel-mejor-en-la-mls

3. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Thanks for the update, lástima q pierdieron porq eso los hubiera calificado a la LCC. I hope Pappa leaves Chicago by next year.

5. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I have to ask, why exactly do you want him to leave? He's been good for the Chicago Fire, and I believe the club has been good to him. If it's for him to get mote fame and money, then great, but as far as developing his game I don't think moving from team to team can turn him into a better player than he is. Unless he is unhappy where he is, why not stay at one team, continue to build a great career and in the end be remembered as a player, as opposed to a journeyman?

6. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    well Chicago has no team, they all suck so bad, just like the commentators were saying last night, the forwards suck and the mid sucks so Pappa is in the middle of them, lolz, in other words going to a better team will make him a better player and open the doors to other Guatemalans, he has the opportunity to MAKE it in Europe, and he would be the first Guatemalan to accomplish that!!

7. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Pappa has played more than 90 games for The Fire since 2008. He is 23 years old. Don't you think he would have been spotted by now and offered a contract if he was destined to Europe? I know it's more complex than just that, but if his team sucks then 1) he has done a good job at standing out (hat-trick the other day and plenty other good performances) and 2) Pretty much the whole league sucks.

If he gets caught up in the middle of negative comments towards his team, then he's not being outstanding enough within his team. If he is too good for his team he needs to prove it first. Then perhaps we'll hear commentators say: "This guy needs a better team, he's too good to be playing here." instead.

Open the doors to others? Each player should open the doors for themselves by first shining with their current club and NT, then being consistent, and improve on their own. It's not like the 1970s and 1980s where information on Guatemalan players wasn't globally available. Even then we couldn't rely on the merits of one or two guys as our flagships. If players want to go play abroad they first need to work their ass off and stand out from the rest; everybody is responsible for their own success. Are we showing foreign leagues and teams that we have more players like Pappa? No, because players like him with both talent and work ethic are rare in the country... when the NT is assembled the rest of the players look like, well, the rest of the bunch.

/rant

8. Ishto

Ishto Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Marco Pappa is happy in Chicago; all the fans love him and he is a fan favorite. Pappa will get an offer, maybe he did get an offer but it wasn't what he expected and is seeking something better. The longer the wait the better as more teams will look at him. Last thing I want Pappa to be is to be a Journey Man like Pescadito who has a new club every so often now.

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well Chacha i agree with you on everything except that Guatemalans can't open the door for other fellow Chapines. Take Pezzarossi for example in Chile, cause of him, Chilenos scouts came to Guate and saw Campollo and well Contreras aswell. Sure every player should open his own doors based on his merits and soccer skills. But it's more easier if someone is playing somewhere where you can get connections si no mira a los Mexicanos. I dont know what you guys think but i think Pappa should stop wasting his time here on the MLS and just go to South America, and he can def. get more coverage overthere with international scouts.

10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Thank you, that's my sentiment. Rarely a player improves by switching clubs every 1-2 years. It might be good for the country to be represented in different places, but not for the individual player. Each player should carry only so much of the country's weight on his shoulders. Pappa's already made it compared to the average Guatemalan player. Let's worry about the rest.

Yes, Guti, it sure helps that men like Dwight like Pappa and el Pescado have done a fantastic job at promoting our futbol with their efforts to remain playing at better levels. But what I'm criticizing is the general idea that one player is responsible for making a name for the country in the world of football. What if Pappa stays and retires in Chicago and never goes to Europe? If he plays to the best of his faculties and completes an illustrious career there, there's nothing to be taken away from him. Meanwhile, the others can still make a name for themselves.

My point is I rather see 20 Guatemalans playing in the MLS or a South American league than 1 in Europe; rather have 20 of our U-20s in the Guatemalan top division than 1 in the MLS, and so on...

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    True, creo que tambien tiene que ver los agentes de estos jugadores, i mean like Pezzarossi, is so for him to get contracts from Europe, South America, true that he has an European pass since his grandfather was Italian but i would like to see these agents work a little harder for the Guatemalan players and try to get them more exposed abroad, I agree with you though, i rather see 20 chapines playing in MLS or South America than just 1.

12. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    I've seen every MLS game Pappa has played in this season. He started the season red hot, they moved him to CAM, it didn't work out. They brought in Pardo and Grazzini and moved him to a D-Mid which is a horrible position for him. Grazzini got hurt so the last few games Pappa has been in the middle again and has been playing fantastic.

I think Pappa needs to leave MLS asap. He will not only earn more money in another league, he will be surrounded by better talent that would make him a better player. The residual affects would be that it would open doors for the Guatemalan footballer to be taken more seriously. Pappa is the second highest paid Guatemalan athlete at the moment, and he's making 108k a year. That is is just sad and Guatemala will never make it to a WC until players start getting abroad, start earning more and start playing in more competitive leagues.

Pappa is Guate's brightest shinning light, it would be a damn shame if he spent his whole career in MLS.

13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    This.

14. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree. Repped.

15. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Marco Pappa reveals in an interview that there is genuine interest from Twente:

http://www.cancha.com.gt/un-desayuno-lleno-de-pappa/

16. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Two Guatemalans are going to sign with European clubs meanwhile Marco Pappa remains frozen with Chicago Fire. :rolleyes:

17. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Es una tristeza que el mejor jugador de guate no este jugando en Europa, en serio. Espero que no se acomode y pase sus mejores años en la MLS, como el pescado

18. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Tiene hasta Febrero 1ero para ser comprado por otro equipo. O si no, estoy seguro que esta es la ultima temporada en el MLS para Marco. Solo que la liga le page por lo menos tres o cuatro veces mas de lo que gana ahora.

19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I dont think he's going anywhere this year. He's been looked at by clubs for a couple seasons now and he hasn't gone anywhere because he wanted to stay loyal to Chicago. And I think that loyalty has cost him.

There's been no rumors or anything for weeks. And with the Twente coach being fired that solid lead is probably gone. Most other Euro teams do their new signings early in order to get the all of the new players ready for the pre-season. So if he was going to get picked up he'd have been signed by now.

He's going to stay in MLS again this year, and he better have a great season otherwise he's going to be a lifer.

20. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Pappa & Co. here in SW Florida near where I live. Was thinking of going to the pre-season game Sunday vs. DC United.

21. GolazodeGuate

GolazodeGuate Member

Jul 13, 2006
    P.A.
  22. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Pappa played 78 minutes in his team's 2-0 loss at Colorado and he has now played the 2nd most regular-season minutes by a Guatemalan in MLS.
    Code:
    Carlos Ruiz	13490
    Marco Pappa	 7045
    Martin Machón	 6977
    Jorge Rodas	 1773
    Pando Ramírez	 1590
    Freddy García	 1490
    Loco Rodríguez	 1309
    Gustavo Cabrera	  360
    I didn't watch the game, how did he do?

23. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    He had an average game. He's playing out of position. He's at his best when he gets a lot of touches just outside the box but they have him playing very defensively. Which is not bad since you have to play defense in Europe but he's just not shining the way he's capable of.

24. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009

Get those marketing dollas Marco!