ManU vs. RSL

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Arelius, Mar 21, 2017.

1. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GIG EM!

2. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Update. Houston

3. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Makes more sense. Easier to get to with the two airports in the city. Good tex-mex food there too, plus you can go see the Space Center south of the city.

4. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The current presale to buy your STH seats should go until Tuesday. After that is when we'll get another shot to buy seats anywhere in the stadium, then it's supposed to go on sale to the public. If I were to guess, our second block to buy tickets will probably be 1-2 weeks again. They haven't said when those next sell dates will be.

15 to 32 repped this.
  5. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston in June. LOL. That's where RSL goes to die in the summer.

6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stadium in Houston has a roof. Hopefully they close it and pump the place with AC

7. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope so,I'll be there as well.

8. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I just secured my ManU ticket. The rep said that they still haven't set a firm policy for the pre-sale. It could be:
    • 1-2 per seat owned
    • 2-4 per STH account
    I guess we'll find out tuesday?

9. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I was told yesterday 4 per account. We shall see.

10. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Btw.

Can you improve the weather?
    I'm watching the whitecaps game.
    Lol

RSLer and rslfanboy repped this.
  11. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW the game against ManU will very likely be in the mid-90's or higher temperature wise, take what you watched tonight and flip it 180, that's what the game in July will be like.

12. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It will be an evening kick off.
    Is it really that warm at night?

13. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it's often in the 90's until sundown, it especially stays hot in the stadium bowl with all the people packed in there.

14. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry, it's a dry heat...

15 to 32 repped this.
  15. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has to be an evening kickoff. I don't see RSL securing this game and then having it be in the afternoon on a Monday. I suppose it could happen, but it seems really stupid.

Also the new STH sale will start on Tuesday. They said they will email details on Monday, so sometime that afternoon there should be concrete info.

bcred repped this.
  16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSLer and 15 to 32 repped this.
  18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #118 15 to 32, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  19. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a former Section 34 resident believe me, I know that all too well.

21. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    did the ST email arrive today? I wondered how many you can buy per ST.

22. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just about to post. They just now sent it. STH can buy an additional 4 tickets if they want to. The pricing has also gone up for this round as well. In my section the tickets were $70. They will be $105 in this round.

It also doesn't say how long this round goes for. My guess would be two weeks like the first round.

The new prices are:
    $75, $82, $90, $97, $105, $120, $135, $150, $180, $225 in two spots, $300, $425

23. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The price differences are somewhat interesting. The 300 and 425 tickets are the same price still. The 200 ticket went to 225, and the 150 ticket jumped to 225 which is the biggest difference. Most of the tickets seemed to have gone up from 25-50 from the initial sale.

It'll be interesting to see what is leftover for the public. I don't think they've put any numbers out, but I wouldn't be surprised if half the tickets were taken up on our initial shot at them. Now that you can buy and additional 4 if you want, I could see most of the stadium being sold out before it even reaches the public. I'm also really curious what the final pricing will be on these. Mine already went from 70-135. I won't be surprised if the price to the public winds up being $150 or more.

24. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #124 bcred, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Thanks for the info.
    Btw. We are getting tickets at the Galaxy game (through LA) at $89
    No idea where yet likely the cheap seats. If anyone can help me get a few of these RSL at face please PM me.
    We have a group of 12 coming.
    Cheers.

25. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Unrelated but I thought I would share,written by mate who attended.

Manchester United U19s 3 Real Salt LakeLake U19s 1 – Monday 10 April 2017.

The weather in Dallas, Texas turned nasty this afternoon with heavy rain and strong winds. The game at MoneyGram Park which was due to kick off at 4 pm had to be delayed for almost two hours and play did not start until 5.45 pm. Sadly, there were no media facilities at this complex and it was difficult to get any information on the team line-ups. However, from my own observation it looked like United lined up as follows:
    Richardson; Olosunde, Poole, Warren, Whelan; Hamilton, Kehindi, Gribbin, Barlow; Tanner, Bohui.
    Facing a strong wind in the first half, United fought to keep control of the game by keeping the ball moving along the ground and spreading it wide at every opportunity. However, the packed Real Salt Lake defence limited United to shooting from distance and little troubled the RSLK ‘keeper. Richardson in the United goal had very little to do except field long punts from the RSL defenders or back passes from his own players.
    On 33 minutes following a United attack Kehindi was brought down wide on the left, in line with the 18 yards line. Gribbin’s cross into the six yard box saw the RSL ‘keeper flap at the ball and Bohui was there to head the ball home. It stayed at 1-0 until half-time.
    The second-half started and within a minute United conceded once again through losing the ball and allowing the RSL team to get the ball quickly out on the right. A first time cross was met by the RSL striker who had no problems from pushing the ball past Richardson.
    For the next 20 minutes United had to weather some spirited RSL attacking play, but then came a real moment of magic. An attack wide down the left hand side saw Barlow play the ball back to Olosunde who drove on into the penalty box. With quick feet, he turned three defenders inside out, before calmly slotting the ball past the floundering RSL ‘keeper into the net. It really was a joy to watch.
    United were in control of the game from then on, but carelessness did allow RSL to have two good chances to equalize, but Richardson was alert first blocking a one-on-one situation and then later diving to his left to palm away a snap-shot. In the last minute of the game, RSL defenders allowed Gribbin to steal the ball midway in their half and he was away to the races before lifting the ball over the keeper as he rushed out, and into the net. As soon as the game restarted the referee blew for full-time.
    United now move on to face Coritiba from Brazil (surprise 4-1 winners over Chivas today) on Wednesday evening in the Cotton Bowl Stadium. The Group is now wide open and a win will certainly see United progress

Ivensor, 15 to 32 and rslfanboy repped this.