News: Manchester United have abandoned tradition of British managers - David Moyes

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by KennyDalglish, Dec 24, 2016.

1. KennyDalglish

KennyDalglish Member

Feb 2, 2007
    http://www.espnfc.us/english-premie...ned-tradition-of-british-managers-david-moyes

Not sure what is more annoying- the premise of the thread (he got the job only because he is British) or the quote above where he shamelessly inserts himself in the same breath as Mourinho, Ancellotti, Klopp and Guardiola. Ironically, none of them are British.

Does he have no shame? Why does Manchester United have to demote their status as a world-class club by hiring mediocre managers who happen to be British?

2. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    xenophobic shit.

so if Jose wins them the league next season, or champions league, it means less because he's not British. FOOL.

3. Advokat

Advokat New Member

Bayern München
    Argentina
    Dec 25, 2017
  4. Kacper

Kacper New Member

Manchester United
    Poland
    Mar 27, 2018
    That was one of the reasons my love to Man United died out a bit, I cannot stand bloody van Gaal and Mourinho plus Ibrahimovic coming same year is simply too much, it killed the values Man United stood for so many years!

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Man United fan who didn't want Mourinho. I'd be interested in how a club with a high payroll could do if they were managed by Sean Dyche.

6. Kacper

Kacper New Member

Manchester United
    Poland
    Mar 27, 2018
    I tend to believe that majority of coaches in Premier League are decent enough to lead any club in the league (there are some exemptions of course - I would say Pep, maybe Wenger and possibly Mourinho are true visioners) but other than that You need to be properly qualified to compete against teams like Man United Man City etc. and smaller teams are able to win! I am guessing there is a matter of personal branding (You cannot have manager without a particular resume or reputation as it might negatively affect club's image)

7. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    so UNited fans are bigots. lol. really? why does the nationality matter?

Man U is one of the world's biggest clubs. Most of the other big world clubs have had or have non-native managers. Like:

Real Madrid - Zidane
    Chelsea - Conte
    Arsenal - Wenger
    Liverpool - Klopp
    City - Pep
    Bayern - Ancelotti

What's the difference? Football today is global. It's only because Fergie was there for many years, so this "British managers' 'tradition'" is total bullshit.

If you're a racist, then admit it. Do you hate Alexis, Pogba, de Gea, Valencia, Bailly, etc? Practically half or more of your squad are "non-British"!!

8. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, and Germany typically value having their own nationals as managers and these countries are geared towards the development of their own coaches and players. Right now, there is a bit of a dearth in quality of English managers when compared to these other countries.

With that said, you need quality foreigners. Just look at what Dutch managers and players did for Barcelona. And I think at this time, United need to look abroad for a coach. I think their best hope is Diego Simeone if Jose Mourinho is ultimately passed over.

9. Coreanaldo

Coreanaldo Member

Liverpool FC
    South Korea
    May 10, 2018
    Yeah because you, Moyes.