Man U vs Liverpool FC - EPL - Mar 10 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Mar 4, 2018.

1. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I fancied us favorites going in...but the frustrating part was that we went back to our old ways of shooting with no effectiveness...I think I saw somewhere 9 shots in the second half - no saves and no shots on target...thirteen corners - no shots on target...

Frustrating is right...but that is JoMo's game plan - no?

2. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I haven't been in because I was very busy all week and flying all over the damn place.... but I would say this. In games against teams like United where you feel (maybe know) you are a bit better, and if Lallana wasn't injured) you need to sacrifice the Milner idea in midfield and go with Lallana.
    If he had played th efirst hale with Can and Ox and Mane dropping deep to create space I think that th eball would have ended up in the box more at the tricky feet of Firmino and Salah.....

I like Milner, but he ain't creative enough. It's one thing to change him for Henderson, but the problem is that due to the positiononing we are also changing him for Can (yes - when Can is on the field as Hendo)

Against Man City I want to see Hendo Can and Oxlade

3. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

They did a couple of Heskey Owen moments on us. Otherwise we outplayed them ..... To tell you the truth I have never felt less bummed after losing a Pool-Manu game..... Even not being at our best we looked better than them....

4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Like i said in another post I think the much earlier inclusion of Lallana would have given Jose problems with that.

One final question - anyone feel that a great keeper like De Gea would have stopped that first goal .... I sort of do .....

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

The percentages in these games are sometimes in the passes that don';t get made.. There were two or three from Mane and a couple from Ox that were lacking in radar.... and on another they would have created a problem for the opposition each time .....

6. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    exactly. We have a pretty sweet run in ....

7. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Ref mightn't have seen the hit, I guess. He has to assume the worst then... I reckon....