Making A Murderer (Netflix Original Documentary)

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Sal, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Has anyone seen this yet on Netflix? This documentary is incredible! I'm almost finished and its been a riveting story the whole way through. What do you guys think?

Sudžuka repped this.
  2. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only watched a couple of episodes, but I like it. Shows the complete lack of transparency found all too often in our justice system.

Sal repped this.
  4. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's incredible some of the "coincidences" that occur during the second case. The cops can "plant" evidence and there is no way to prove they planted it but when there is evidence to convict Avery they just accept it, even if the scientific data does not back up the "stories" of what happened.

There's no doubt in my mind that Lenk the slimeball and Colburn we in on this. Not sure how far you've gotten but you've probably seen them already.

5. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Anyone else watch it yet? Or at least start it?

6. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the story conclude with season 1 or does it leave you with more for season 2?

7. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well the season concludes in 2015. And I doubt there will be a season 2 IMO.

8. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Watching it. Most of way done.

Reminds me how our justice system preys on the uneducated and poor.

9. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The missus and I started watching last night, and are 2 episodes in. One of the few shows we can agree on watching together ... she's more of a Dateline, 20/20, 48 Hours fan (we have a backlog of episodes on our DVR for her), whereas I'm digging all of the Netflix originals I've seen so far. So this is a nice, happy compromise.

10. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I enjoyed it, not convinced they're innocent but a lot of questions surrounding the police and local court. I'm not that familiar with all the rules but it seems a mistrial would have been fair. Apparently over a 150,000 people signed a petition asking Obama to pardon Steven and Brendan.

11. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the police interrogate his nephew it was clear that they were leading him in one direction. Then they go on and claim that he slit her throat and she bled all over, yet none of her blood was found in the house? How any of that held up in court, I have no idea.

condor11 and Sal repped this.
  13. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Exactly. That literally makes zero sense. And they supposedly tied her up to the bed yet the bed had no blood on it. The funny thing is they said he slit her throat yet she was still alive. How is that possible? Not sure how far you've gotten but the key and another piece of evidence they find months later is very shady.

Dante repped this.
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now with this juror coming out and saying he was framed, could it be? Could Avery get screwed over twice? If so, damn son.

Sal repped this.
  15. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Its obvious he was framed. They search the house 7 times with an officer from the other county babysitting the Mantiwoc officers and on the 8th time, with Lenk and Colburn (the two guys that got deposed), find they key right by the nightstand near a pair of slippers when the officer from the other county didn't know he had to babysit them. Then the keys only have his evidence on them. What? How can the keys to the girls car only have Steve Avery's DNA/Fingerprints on them. Also, the key looks like its in pristine shape. Almost like it was the girls spare key.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interestingly, Avery's ex-wife Lori, she married Peter Dassey, Brendan Dassey's dad. So his ex-wife married his sisters ex-husband.

Sal repped this.
  17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watched episode 4, holy shit! Talk about coercion. Brendan got ********ed from both sides.

Sal repped this.
  18. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yep. Pretty sad. He was just saying whatever to get out of there.

19. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only halfway through the third episode. Was dozing on the couch, but last part I caught was Steven's sister (?) hating on him for what he did to her 16 y.o. son ...

20. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Its like a nasty car wreck and I am rubbernecking as I drive by...

I know not to, but I can't not look.

And I am disgusted by what I see, but still can't stop looking.

Sal repped this.
  21. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Sal repped this.
  22. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  23. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hopefully better research than the Boston marathon bombing

condor11 repped this.
  24. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    For those of you who enjoyed this. Check out The Jinx on HBO about the Robert Durst... Unlike MaM this show has a satisfying ending... HOLY ****