Major media to report that Bush failed National Guard duties today

Discussion in 'Elections' started by GringoTex, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    Time will tell won't it? The winner becomes President. We will know who is right in two months we can wait that long right? We will just wait and see.

2. Nogra Rover

Nogra Rover New Member

Mar 30, 2000
    Bethesda, MD
    Despite the Bush apologists on this board, the fact that Bush skipped on his Guard duty is relevant b/c he has repeatedly said that he completed his service and served honorably. He lied (again). There is very little honorable about Bush or this Administration.

3. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ?
    IS THIS THE BEST THE KERRY CAMP CAN COME UP WITH? I mean they sat watching the Republican Convention all last week, all the while witnessing Kerry's Poll Numbers fall and they got together and said: "Let's hit Bush over his Guard Service?" I say again, IS THIS THE BEST THE KERRY CAMP CAN COME UP WITH? Good Lord... the Russians and the United States are dealing with terrorist sects, cells, and branches, we are in the middle of international effort against terrorism (both internationally and domestically), we are coming out of a recession and trying to put people to work and create jobs, we have devastating weather in the south, and we are putting the best minds in this nation to the probblem of better intelligence collection for national security and THE BEST THE KERRY CAMP CAN COME UP WITH IS TO FAULT HIS OPPONENT WITH HIS GUARD DUTY 30 YEARS AGO?

Bush is going to win the coming election for a lot of reasons but one of the most widespread will be Kerry's campaign stupidity... clearly, whatever can be said of Kerry, he obviously has no clue about how to run a campaign!

IntheNet
    Bush/Cheney in 2004

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Bush AWOL should be court martial, like everybody else in the same circunstances

they should take his honorable discharge and change it to dis-honerable

how about Dick Cheney 5 defarments

5. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Where was this indignation about 30 year old records when it was being used against Kerry? Oh, the hypocrisy...

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, only insofar as people aren't aware of the Bushies' response, namely, that the Russians should negotiate with the Chechens.

7. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    This is what you wrote:
    I included the full quote only to avoid charges of misrepresentation. My objection is specifically to the last sentence and continues to be an objection based on your response above.

You reach a conclusion that because Chechen separatists murdered children in Russia, that Americans should vote for George Bush. The only way you can reach that conclusion is by somehow believeing that John Kerry is not opposed to the murdering of children. The only way to reach that conclusion is by----
    COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it's your position that when Bill Clinton won in 1992, that proved his political philosophy was superior to Bush Sr.'s, and when he won in '96 that proved his political philosophy was superior to Dole's?

That begs the question...was Gore's philosophy superior to Bush's because he got the most votes, or was Bush's superior because he got the most electoral votes?

9. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    Please highlight in bold where I said vote for Bush... :rolleyes:

You see, you are reading into the post things which are plainly not there, which is totally fine with me...

You assume that if the election is about the War on Terror, that directly translates into "Vote for Bush".

Very interesting peak into how the liberal mind thinks. Thanks for the insight!

10. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    Other than on soccer related topics (upon which I almost always agree...)

Is this our first agreement.... :eek: :p

11. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    C'mon USA. Even you must be embarassed by how disingenuous that statement is. Were you a first-time poster you might get away with that "you're reading things into it" argument. There's no doubt what you meant when you said the U.S. election was only about terrorism. Anymore so than you'd have to question what I was implying if I said this election was about the economy.

Weak closing argument, counselor. The jury saw right through that. I expect better from you.

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Ah, so you're the one.

13. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    First off let's LAY TO REST THE IDEA THAT BUSH IS UP 11 POINTS:

http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=859

Bush certainly went from 5 points or so down to 2 points up but 11 points is just silly.

CNN/USA Today/Gallup: Bush 49%, Kerry 48% (registered voters)
    CNN/USA Today/Gallup: Bush 52%, Kerry 45% (likely voters)
    Zogby: Bush 46%, Kerry 44%
    Newsweek: Bush 54%, Kerry 43%
    Time: Bush 52%, Kerry 41%

Secondly - methinks that doth do protest too much when it comes to InTheNet, USASoccer, Benito etc.

Payback is a bitch huh?

I would also like to remind you guys that this story is being broken and pursued by the AP, Boston Globe, 60 minutes etc. Not some swift boat full of liars with heavy ties to the Bush campaign.

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, NOW the Reeps want to talk about the future.

Maybe your boy should've condemned the Swift Boat Prevaricators ads to begin with. Then maybe, just maybe, the whole "who did what 30 years ago" thing wouldn't be at the forefront of everyone's minds.

15. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    We want to talk about the present day? Okay. Three months ago, Bush lied about having released all his records.

Bill Clinton did not lie about dodging service. Nor, to be fair, did Dan Quayle. Bush did, and continues to.

But anyone who posted approvingly of the Swift Boat Lying Scum have no leg to stand on here, anyway. Enjoy the crisp, refreshing taste of backlash.

16. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why on earth can't all these people be liars? Oh, that's right, because you say so.

Or because Bush says so.
    Or because Cheney says so.

How could I forget? It's the same as our foreign policy.

17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    George W. Bush: Because he says so.

(Thanks to the geniuses over at The Daily Show for that one.)

18. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I love when members of the media go on The Daily Show and say "You say what we wish we could say" and you know Stewart just wants to tell them that its their job to say those things...just see his dustup with Koppell.

19. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    With all respect, I think I am the best arbitor of what I was thinking when I wrote something, and your assumptions could not have been farther from the truth.

That post appeared in a 300 post thread about a horendous event. I made a very clear statement that THIS ELECTION was going to be about the war on terror as opposed to the economy, Iraq, health care or any other issue.

How you get to Vote for Bush because Kerry is in favor of children killing terrorist is way way way beyond me. But to each their own...

20. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    Should I hold my breath to see if 60 minutes will do a story on the Swift Boat Vets with equal force and conviction...

Funny how the liberal media is attempting to ride to the rescue here.

21. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean the same "liberal media" that kept giving free air time to John O'Neill even after their lies had been exposed?

22. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I loved it how the "liberal media" gave all sorts of free airtime to John O'Neill's band of liars.

23. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Faster than me.

24. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is everyone who disagrees with Kerry's recollection of Vietnam a liar? There are more than 250 Vietnam Veterans now associated with the SWIFT BOAT VETERANS FOR TRUTH? In your opinion, are they all liars? Certainly they all agree there is an issue to discuss!

IntheNet

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I don't see any liberal media, I just see a bunch of Rush Limbaugh's around

finally we got airamerica radio but years behind