Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'd buy Mbappe for whatever price Florentino thinks is worth it. If Florentino goes out and spends 300M, I'm comfortable with that. His track record gives him that benefit of the doubt.

madridista_hr, libertao and Ssr9 repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    #827 YOUNGSTARS87, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Every one of us would.

The discussion however wasn't about what Florentino thinks, it's about the bullshit numbers the media is tossing about.

There is nothing that supports the idea that Florentino is thinking of spending near half a billion euros on one player.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #828 4x4s, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Which leaves it open for interpretation which means your guess is as good as anybodies. Or not?

Also if you would respect yourself you'd rather admit of doing crack than watching espnfc in public. At least there's cure for drug addiction.

People are really falling for this topic every time and it's sad. As soon as there's an Mbappe rumour people start putting their hopes up. Mbappe has a contract to 2022. They are not talking anybody before June 2021. And that's if he doesn't renew his contract.

Chinky24 repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The most creative player is Odegaard who is at 2 goals and 3 assists so far this season. Goals from midfield this is not.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This is supposed to be bad?

Saeta Rubia and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If it stays that way, yes, according to the board, although I can’t think of many prolific goalscoring, assisting mids actually playing, and I never know what are considered acceptable numbers for a mid anyway, not an AM a CM

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is it the kind of production we'd be looking at if we wouldn't already own the player?
    Samuel Chukweze has 2 goals and an assist in far fewer minutes and is 20 years old. Not that this is an exceptional talent, just as a comparison for the numbers.

Odegaard has been pretty good this season but at this moment I don't see a player that would be starting for Real Madrid in a CL quarter final for example.

I have to admit though that I am not buying into the hype for Odegaard in the first place. He's having Esteban Granero at Getafe level performances and we're gassing him up just like we did with Llorente.

Anon. repped this.
  8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Verratti and Tolisso have 0 goals so far. De Jong and Saul only have 1.

they must be terrible

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Odegaard plays in a far more advanced position than all of them. Great job comparing apples and oranges.

Again, I'm not saying Odegaard is playing badly. But I read here that he's "amongst the best in the league" and I notice that were stacking way too high again.

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And Kroos has one more goal and one less assist in more minutes too, "just as a comparison for the numbers".

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hence why I said a midfield that includes him isn't high in creativity and goal production. Thank you for agreeing with me.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And who are your solutions to that that can provide a high goal and assist output?

Ahmadi8 and Digital repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd rather play Hazard as an attacking midfield player right now than Odegaard and look at somebody with the speed to work the left flank.

Odegaard could prove to be a fantastic player for us, but at this very moment I think Hazard would be better at what Odegaard is doing at LA real compared to what he's told to do with us.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So I figured, no actual solutions, just bringing down the contributions of the player. Odegaard is literally playing the same role that Kroos is playing in this team, but hey, who needs to watch games, am I right?

MaxY, Ahmadi8 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I disagree, but hey. He's played in attack, on the side in a diamond shape and in Central midfield. Certainly not as a 1:1 Kroos replacement over the entire season but yeah.

At this moment I don't see him as a starting lineup level player for Real Madrid.

You'll have to live with that I'm afraid.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And who said he is? Last I checked, we were talking about players coming in and filling in the squad roles behind the current starters. And I'm afraid he can do that quite well, and you'll just to live with that.

Prit Javier, libertao and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now we’re hearing theories of playing our record transfer in a position he’s never played before.

Gotta love bigsoccer

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This has always been the question in my head with the criticism of Luka and Toni, other than Pogba in one season, who is the CM with the numbers that we are looking for, who is also defensively sound, what is the acceptable number, goals and assists, from a CM?, because we don’t play with an AM as such, it’s why James and Isco finds things a bit difficult with us, that’s Benz’s territory, so , 7?,10?, which CM is putting up these kind of numbers per season on a regular basis that could help us

Zidane05 repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Hazard’s future is on the left flank, he's not staying for the entire contract I can tell you that.

20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    So.........yea let’s sign Fabian Ruiz, that’s it that’s post.

21. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would say De Bruyne can do it, but he's so injury prone that I'd rather not. I like our midfield, and think Odegaard can fit in just fine.

Ceballos, unfortunately is proving to be a drifter ( this is a pun - he drifts like a car - turns round and round and round - and will drift around the world as a player).

natenate101, Digital and Prit Javier repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eriksen. I might be reaching on the "defensively sound" (but to be fair neither Modric nor Kroos can be described as such) but he does run and help a lot, while still getting plenty of goals and assists.

Anon. repped this.
  23. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    With Valverde's emergence, the missing piece in the squad is definitely at DM.

I really think it'd be worth trying to sign our long term Casemiro back-up/competition now in the January window.

Any good names you guys might think are achievable in january?

natenate101 and Drouchk repped this.
  24. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What about Radja Nainggolan ? Realistic - experienced, good player. I think he would be a good signing for Madrid.

He isn't perfect, but where he is now at his career I don't think even he would mind being a sub at Real Madrid.

25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #850 MiamiNative0722, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019

If we’re really considering dropping 100 million for him, it must mean one of Ramos or Varane is set to leave