Maccarone......

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by soccerfan220, Sep 28, 2002.

1. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    So here's the question. Has Maccarone done well enough to earn a call-up? And if so, when? And if not, will he be soon, or never?

I think in about 3-4 months if he has continued his form, Trap, or whoever will be coaching then, should try him out.

2. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    i bet he wont be playing for boro next year, an italian team will pick him up

3. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    yea probably. He's good. Teams will pay enough for him that Middlesborough won't be able to resist the money, unless they have an amazing season. THey have started out well. But the question was for the national team

4. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    uhm,he's already had one cap last spring,against England of all teams: he was key in assisting Montella for the 1st goal

the problem is always the same,whom to leave out:

Superpippo?
    Vieri?
    Del Piero?
    Totti?
    Montella?
    Di Vaio?

you know the answer? FIGC wants you!

5. RoyalMan

RoyalMan New Member

May 18, 2002
    Reading
    Wrong. Maccarone said that he prefers the EPL due to the all out attacking style. My guess is that if he keeps up his form Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc will try and pick him up.

6. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    my guess is that he's just PRing; not that he doesn't like the premiership style,but he kept Boro waiting till the very last minute,hoping some big italian team would pick him up
    i hear Roma is the club showing more interest right now

7. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    Maccarone will be a Boro until the end of next season. Boro wont of spent 8 million just for him to play one season.

8. RoyalMan

RoyalMan New Member

May 18, 2002
    Reading
    The reason Boro were kept waiting is because he wasn't sure if he was ready for the EPL. After all he knew what happened to Grabbi...

9. borsato

borsato New Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Toronto
    lets break it down from a practical standpoint.

england:

good soccer, shitty weather, bucktoothed ladies, drunken brawls, physically hard soccer, less midfield play making, and ************ food. english speaking, less attention from italian national team.

italy:

good soccer, nice weather, nice ladies, more midfield playmaking, great food, people speaking his native language, more respect from country-men for playing at home. and nice ladies.... ha!!

i really wonder how Veron feels after going from beautfil Lazio to rainy Man U.
    he goes from a team that lets him play the pivot and run the offense to playing long balls and crossed and getting slide tackled on the regular. ...

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I know you're new, but this type of thread has been done millions of times before, and I really hate to see it stirred up like this. But - if you really want to prove you have, er, guts, go to the UK forums and type this stuff instead of posting it in this obscure thread.

11. borsato

borsato New Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Toronto
    im not trying to stir up rivalries as this is an italian thread , im just playing, but at the same time i think its totally relavent to this thread.

without debating about the actual merits of english versus italian soccer as youre right, its been exauhsted, lets not ignore the sense you must get that there may be a feeling among italians that players outside of italy are looked on as sellouts in some strange way/

not that its all bad, but guys like zola get left off a national team that could have really used him, you wonder why,
    even maccarnoi doesnt seem to get the attention he deserves at a national level.

and yeah the surrounding of a team in terms of a city , the people and weather are relavent for some players, just look at northamerican sports where this is discussed openly.

no one can say that for an italian to move to england to play can be a seamless transition, and that they may at times wonder about playing at home among their people, language, and style of play.

12. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    there, i fixed your post! you were right about one thing though, momma sure is nice! and she makes a spicy meatball!

oh he's just biding his time until 2006 so he can hurt the england squads chances in the most terrible way!

13. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You see borsato? The guy above me has balls to post that here, unfortunately he has no brain whatsoever.

14. borsato

borsato New Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Toronto
    ha that was funny,

i think hes just kidding though.

i think maccarone would have some intersting things to say to about it if anyone asked true?

15. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I think any intelligent player that is plying his trade in another country would not have anything bad to say about that country. Can you imagine the foolhardiness of somebody like Albertini, instead of saying "Spain is the best" had said "Serie A is the best" or Maccarone, Zola, et al saying "playing in England sucks - I'd much rather be at home". They'd be lucky to survive the season.

16. borsato

borsato New Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Toronto
    this is very true.

i wouldnt expect them to slag england in any way publically, but dont you think it goes through their heads at some point?
    Trace through why players pick the teams they do. i know money is a huge thing, but i think you have to account for the conditions to an extent.

I dont think its a stretch to say italy generally has better weather, is known for better food, has a less physical style of play, and that the women are generally more beautiful!!!
    (ok that last one was an unfair generalization, but you get the gist)
    and its the italian board, allow us to gloat a little, let the headbangers fight it out in the world rivalries area over whos the best!