M28: SPAL vs Roma (March 16th, 2019)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    We did? We looked just as bad the last time we played Spal of memory serves me.correctly.

ErPupone repped this.
  2. ilfuturogb6

ilfuturogb6 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah this is bad... exactly why I knew it wasn’t EDF. It was the shit squad that dumb piece of crap from Valencia built

3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Last time we lost 2-0, at home... Improvement.

4. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    lol , Sevilla.

indestructible repped this.
  5. PDeGennaro

PDeGennaro Member+

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This is complete nonsense, the defense was awful under EDF as well. Our team also didn't try to play good football. But you know what the difference is? It is Ranieri's second game in charge and he has massive injuries to work with. Monchi was an arrogant prick who could have signed a proper CB during the last window but refused to because that would have meant admitting a mistake.

nguoiaoden and r0adrunner repped this.
  6. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

@La Magica :laugh:

Midfield General, shiboboo and La Magica repped this.
  7. ilfuturogb6

ilfuturogb6 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You’re right, sorry for the insult Valencia. You shouldn’t be ascoiated with such trash

8. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    It can be the case sometimes that while it's not a coach's fault- the team still needs a change anyway after so much disappointment.

9. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    in before someone says Ranieri out

10. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Yes, we did attempt to play good football. Just because we weren't successful at it consistently , doesn't mean EDF's philosophy and tactics weren't aimed at trying to dominate possession and control matches.

If you (and others) can't see the difference , and just want to use results as confirmation bias - go ahead. We look like Burnley out there now. Lumping it up the pitch aimlessly.

I'd rather be shit and attempt to play , then whatever that 1st half was.

Calling Monchi an arrogant prick , when he's pretty much universally respected within football for being a good dude is pretty rich, though.

I guess "nonsense" is a pretty subjective thing.

11. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    If he starts Juan and Olsen again then yeah, Ranieri out.

12. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    He should have started Santon, otherwise not much he can do about this. You have to keep plugging in any possibility you have in defense to find someone who is playing halfway decent.

Forzaabruzzo repped this.
  13. ilfuturogb6

ilfuturogb6 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We live in a world where SPAL got the double over us in a season. Enjoy your weekend guys

Shen-O repped this.
  14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was an overreaction in the moment. So the team didn't turn up for two big matches. So what, we're not a great side right now but 4th was still there for us and the players were with EDF. Jimmy doesn't know enough about the game and looks the type to overreact. Expect this to become farcial by season end.

Well done Spal. 100% deserved.

shiboboo, Haakon24 and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  15. Marko83

Marko83 Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Stockton on Tees, Inghilterra
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd be happy if I never saw Christante again. I'm no fan of NZonzi either. Can't believe we got rid of Ninja and Strootman and brought in this mediocre shite.

Haakon24 and r0adrunner repped this.
  16. lazzara

lazzara Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ranieri is even worse than EDF

17. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    I wouldn't say it was an overreaction or spur of the moment decision- EDF has been given several ultimatums and was on the hot seat for a long while.

muptonfish, r0adrunner and Forzaabruzzo repped this.
  18. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Again, how is this loss Olsens fault??

19. ilfuturogb6

ilfuturogb6 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yea I don’t see how this is Olsen’s fault lol... this was the fault of a toothless attack, pathetic defense, and started a fat sack of trash for a LB

20. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    Making history again for the bad news bears of the Serie A.

21. lazzara

lazzara Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tbf we were unlucky then.
    Today's just.. i dont even know what we're trying to do.

22. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watch us pull a Palermo and bring EDF back in a month.

shiboboo and Shen-O repped this.
  23. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    As much as I like EDF I saw a coach that was continuously trying to force something that just wasnt working, and he didnt seem to have any answers. This loss is just one of many that we've suffered this season at the hands of opponents that we have no business losing to. The first time we lost to Spal it was at HOME with a better squad at our disposal no.less.

24. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    We got sorely outplayed in that match as well. Make no.mistake.

25. PDeGennaro

PDeGennaro Member+

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    With regards to the first part I don't know how many people here would agree with you that with EDF we "tried" to play good football. Maybe you liked EDF's philosophy I don't (7-1 against Fiorentina, 3-1 against Porto, 3-0 against Lazio) and in none of those games I got the impression we were trying to play "good" football. Plus the man had something Ranieri does not have right now, Manolas/Kolarov/Pellegrini/Under etc.

Saying we play like "Burnley" is really dumb, Ranieri is a decent coach who has a wealth of experience and got Leicester the BPL. He was also the last coach to get us close to winning the Scudetto. The man has constantly improved and knows how to create a competitive team. You are asking him to come out with a clear philosophy during his second game in charge of a squad riddled with injuries.

Monchi is an arrogant prick, he could have bought us a decent (not great) CB to rotate and strengthen the backline. He could have avoided tearing down a CL semi finals team, he chose not to. EDF and him are responsible for our current position.

nguoiaoden, r0adrunner and Moebek repped this.