Luis Sinisterra - news and comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

Assisted the first and scored the 4th.

2. Feyenoord – FC Twente 5-1
    Feyenoord: Vermeer 6; Karsdorp 7 (77. Geertruida -), Botteghin 6,5, Ié 7, Haps 6,5; Toornstra 6,5, Kökcü 6 (44. Tapia 6), Fer 7,5 (80. Burger -); Berghuis 7, Sinisterra 7,5, Larsson 7,5.
    FC Twente: Drommel 7; Pleguezuelo 5, Bijen 4, Schenk 4, Verdonk 5; Busquets 5 (66. Roemeratoe -), Selahi 5 (55. Berggreen 6), Espinosa 4; Aitor 6, Vuckic 5, Nakamura 5 (56. Zekhnini 5).
    Scheidsrechter Makkelie: 7

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzdcolombian and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do we have a solid #9 at that age?

up top

Diaz —— Cucho ——- Sinisterra up top seems pretty fking solid if we can get the 3 of them during the games

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    cucho solid? dont have prove....

J-Mezzy and Azucarero repped this.
  6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I prefer Quinones over Cucho by a lot. And neither are too great.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  7. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mah Boy Ricardo Márquez. He needs to get a Transfer soon. In my opinion Márquez before Julián Quiñones... And Cucho to me isn't an out and out striker, he needs a target man to play his best.

J-Mezzy, Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He's got talent. I'm not in love with him yet.

Watching him play in the sub 23 friendlies reminds me of watching Falcao for the past couple years with the NT. They suffer tremendously when the team around them struggles for possession.

Casierra looked far better, and he's miles from where he used to be...

9. AD Sportwereld Team of the Week round 8:
    [​IMG]

Elftal van de Week © AD

Furnaccio and HomietheClown repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hope he is on the list for the National Team. Between his play in the Sub 20 and now looking good in Holland I think it is time to see what he's got.

11. I already was wondering when he would get a shot on first National team minutes.

HomietheClown repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If our manager strictly sees him as a left wing option then he may not be called because Diaz at Porto, Muriel at Atalanta are priorities over him.

If our manager can somehow see him as an option at right wing then most of us here think he should be called up over a guy named Berrio who is just not as talented but seems to be the only right side option we have. There is another guy named Villa at Boca who has not been getting consistent minutes but that is another story for another time.

13. Luis has very good vision and passing qualities, while being able to play all three attacking spots. If I was your NT coach I would try him out in the 10 position. From there he could cause danger moving to either three front spots when possible.

14. I suppose he gets the vids of his matches with Feyenoord, so he must have seen Luis can play all three front positions.
    I even expect him to start as the target man if Jorgensen is still injured against Porto.

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #115 HomietheClown, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Can't see him playing Colombia's typical style of #10. And within Queiroz's system there is really no #10 in a three striker formation. Maybe he can play Cuadrado's role which is the link between the forwards and the DFMs but I see him as a better finisher and less of that type of central player.

#9 Target man could be interesting but there's other options we have that are more traditional at hold up play than he is. Maybe as a variant he could come in for Duvan in a counter-attack, speedy transition sort of role.

Yes. I am sure he has seen him play all three positions which gives me hope he could be called instead of someone like Berrio. But it remains to be seen. Tomorrow the list comes out and we will see if he is rewarded for his play.

16. [​IMG]
    This site commented that Feyenoord has a striker problem with Jorgensen injured, but if Luis keeps playing this way there's no problem.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is official. He has been called up for Chile and Algeria this FIFA window,

Let's see if he gets any minutes.:thumbsup:

crzdcolombian, Azucarero and Furnaccio repped this.
  18. 2-0 win over a strong Porto.

[​IMG]
    Beeld Guus Dubbelman / de Volkskrant

J-Mezzy and crzdcolombian repped this.
  19. It was rather funny to see Luis surrounded by big Porto gorrillas, yet he wasnot intimidated and played a very good match as a linking pin target man.
    I love the guy and so does the crowd.

HomietheClown repped this.
  20. Luis didnot make it into the final 20 candidates for the Tuttosport Golden Boy Award. Still great he made it in that list anyway.

pepinointer and HomietheClown repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thanks for always update us!!

22. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Sinisterra had a lovely assist for Feyenoord's first goal today...and then he was subbed right off.

A half hour in, no injuries or anything. Very strange...

Furnaccio, HomietheClown and pepinointer repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The guy has been playing a lot of games lately. Seems like he is always starting in on the weekend and during their Euroipa matches.

pepinointer repped this.