Luis Robles at Kaiserslautern II [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Zak1FCK, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robles was on the bench in Kaiserslautern's 2-0 loss to Bayern. Sippel played very well, a dramatic improvement over his last outing. As a side note, Donovan scored the second goal.

Next game was supposed to be Thursday in FSV Ludwigshafen-Oggersheim, but the game has been called off due to the poor condition of the field. It has been raining heavily for several days and it is a Regionalliga team. There is a rumor that it may be held on Kaiserslautern's practice field, Platz 4.

The last game is Monday, Jan 26 against MSK Zilina.

3. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Robles clapping for the West Curve

[​IMG]
    Those are some big ass thighs

4. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Article about the decision Sasic has to make about whether to have Sippel or Robbles in the goal. Sasic talks about Sippel's disaster against St Pauli in Cyprus and how Robles has really impressed his initial critics. Sasic says that Robles stepped up and has proven himself.

5. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robles played the first half in the last test match against MSK Zilina.

6. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice.

This is a very important game for Kaiserslautern. Mainz has turned into a Derby the last couple years, and they are currently sitting above Kaiserslautern in first place on goal differential.

If he goes with Sippel Sasic is saying he is the number one and he is ready to play. The team will stand behind him. If he goes with Robles, then Robles stepped up when he was needed and Sippel is not ready. Interesting dilemma.

7. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1. Robles did very well in goal. Ouattara had a really bad 20 minutes which resulted in the goal and an almost two others that Robles saved one on one. He was very busy all night and kept Kaiserslautern in it long enough for them to score.

Next game is Monday in Nuremberg.

8. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    Quote:
    [das wort zum sport

„Luis Robles spielt. Tobi, tut mir leid, ist nach seiner Verletzung noch nicht ganz so weit. Ihm fehlt noch die letzte Sicherheit. Luis hat die gesamte Vorbereitung ohne Beanstandung gespielt. Tobi hat bei seinem Talent als Torwart dennoch die größere Zukunft. Aber für den Augenblick musste ich so entscheiden."

FCK-Trainer Milan Sasic, der die Torwartfrage vor dem Derby gegen Mainz 05 mit Luis Robles beantwortet hat. Tobias Sippel, von einem Unterarmbruch genesen, ist zunächst zweite Wahl. (zkk) ]

I am reading this right, FCK? Looks like Sasic is stating that Tobias has the 'better future career prospects' than Robles. That seems a strange way to answer this question, even if he does support Robles with other comments.

9. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is what he is saying.

10. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Isn't Tobias supposed to be the future German #1? That's a pretty good career prospect.

11. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    Yes, but why would you tell one employee that another employee (and his direct competition) will go further than you in his career? Can't say I've ever heard of such a thing, and it is (un)intentionally a slight and demoralizing.

The coach could have said "Tobias has a wonderful future" without using a comparative and ranking Robles behind him.

For all we know, Robles WILL have a better career. The coach can't know for certain either.

12. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's highly rated, but hard to say if/when he will see time as the German keeper. He's behind a couple of other guys in their early 20s right now. I just found out that he is from Bad Dürkheim (wine country - woo hoo), so I will be pulling for him, though not ahead of Robles.

13. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robles standing up for his defender.

Goal keeper Luis Robles defended Ouattara, "he did not see Markus Feulner behind him." Robles already away from the goal, came out strongly but did not get there in time. "I wanted to go in to him strong but not risk a yellow or red card. After only 5 minutes I did not want to put the team undertoo much too early." FCK coach Milan Sasic said: „I am general against back passports in such situations. Why put the goal keeper into such a difficult situation and wouldn't it be better to kick the ball away? "

After the game he stood by him when they went over to the West Curve. Classy move.

[​IMG]

14. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how the thread title still says "Kaiserslautern II."

15. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Luis Robles at Kaiserslautern [R]

Up and down game. Robles gave up 3 goals in Nurenburg, but played fairly well. He even stopped another penalty kick and was named one of the best players.

16. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was trying to figure out if he was playing with the second team or if this was the second thread.

17. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, the defense let him totally out to dry. Easily some of the worst defending I've seen in awhile, almost comical. Were it not for some wasted chances by Nürnberg, it could have easily been 4-0 or 5-0. With the first two goals, there was literally nothing he could do, and with the 3rd he got caught in a tough 1-on-1 situation with an attacker who'd been left wide open (and was also offside, I believe). The penalty he saved in the first half could have been taken better by the Nürnberg player (I think the coach was saying after the game he would have somebody new taking them from now on :) ), but a save is still a save. Otherwise, Robles kept a very strong presence around goal and aside from the penalty, he didn't have too much of an opportunity to show much more. Hopefully the defense's blunders won't hurt his standing with the coach and he still maintains his place.

18. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]
    Robles with his defense after the tough loss in Nürnberg

19. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clean sheet for Robles:

He was lucky he did not get called for the penalty kick, it was 50/50, but it was probably a makeup call for the ref blowing the clear one on the other side a few minutes before.

20. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How you can tell the difference between #1 and #2

[​IMG]
    Robles walking out with Goalkeeper Coach Gerry Erhmann

[​IMG]
    Ball Boy

21. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Warmup

[​IMG]
    Come On! Eyes Open!

[​IMG]
    I like the new kit

22. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They were probably chatting about lifting weights. Geez.

23. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Burkino Faso International Moussa Ouattara, Canadian International (U-Portland Alumn) Josh Simpson, future US International Luis Robles (sooner than later) giving props to the West Curve.

24. Pagefan

Pagefan Member

Aug 28, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robles would be a great call-up for the Gold Cup this summer.

25. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I hope not, I hope he searches deep with in his soul and picks his Puerto Rican routes and plays for us, that would be so awsome! I wouldn't blame him if he dint either, if our fed cant get their pieces in place.